PDA

View Full Version : Source Tournament VIII

Pages : 1 2 [3]

SpikeyMikey
07-26-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm going to be at my girlfriend's house tonight, so I won't be back home til after the round ends. Consider this my concession.

Sims
07-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Also, it just dawned on me while re-reading the thread and in particular Eldariel's post:

0:27:43 [Agent Funk] Agent Funk taps Tundra
0:27:45 [DrJones] <DrJones> ?_?
0:27:46 [Agent Funk] Agent Funk plays Swords to Plowshares from Hand
0:28:00 [DrJones] <DrJones> What happened with that land?
0:28:11 [DrJones] DrJones puts Skyshroud Cutter to RFG from Play
0:28:14 [DrJones] DrJones's life total is now 16 (-2)
0:28:54 [DrJones] <DrJones> You drew 4 cards from brainstorm
0:28:57 [DrJones] DrJones plays Reverent Silence from Hand
0:29:02 [<System>] <System> Player Lost

If at this point he was already disconnected on his end (which happens sometimes when MWS lags out), then he couldn't respond. He also, didn't state if the STP was in response to the False Cure or give the "Okay" and say that he was allowing False Cure to resolve. It's hard to make an intent judgement, but I'm not sure that it was necessarily his intent to let the False Cure resolve since he didn't say one way or another what he was intending. Just another observation.

Angelfire
07-26-2007, 05:47 PM
I beat emidln 2-0. His deck drew pretty bad.

In regards to the Dr.Jones controversy; in the game in question, how close was the game? Could Dr.Jones have won even if he countered the False Cure? And the line "I could have countered the Silence" is pretty gg for Agent Funk imo.

In my opinion, if a lethal spell is getting cast and there is a disconnect by the person who will lose, him claiming he had Force of Will and a blue card shouldn't cause a replay of the game. Agent Funk says in the chat log, "it said session lost on mine", that means he should have to provide a Screen Shot of the Force of Will and a blue card or he loses. Also, once you put a card back with brainstorm, redrawing it is sketchy in tournament play.

emidln
07-26-2007, 05:48 PM

I lost 0-2. Angelfire's deck was on and I'm going to start playing SI exclusively. At least I draw my lands when I run 7 of them. Not so much when I'm running 26.

Mister Agent
07-26-2007, 06:03 PM

In regards to the Dr.Jones controversy; in the game in question, how close was the game? Could Dr.Jones have won even if he countered the False Cure? And the line "I could have countered the Silence" is pretty gg for Agent Funk imo.

In my opinion, if a lethal spell is getting cast and there is a disconnect by the person who will lose, him claiming he had Force of Will and a blue card shouldn't cause a replay of the game. Agent Funk says in the chat log, "it said session lost on mine", that means he should have to provide a Screen Shot of the Force of Will and a blue card or he loses. Also, once you put a card back with brainstorm, redrawing it is sketchy in tournament play.

Well sometimes mws can get laggy sometimes probably could prompted me in doing something i didn't want to do like accidently shuffle my library or drawing a card on accident. The bottom line is i didnt have a chance to respond to false cure because my mws crashed and this has happened to me a couple of times already in the tournament as previously stated. Eh I agree with Corrupted angel though its no use to be argueing over this I'll just wait for parcher to decide and ill fully respect what his decision is even if its against me since he was nice of enough to run this tournament in the first place.

Pinder
07-26-2007, 06:36 PM
I win 2-0 versus Ur Draco, who was nice enough to give me G2 after a savage disconnect (I was winning, but either way, it was very nice of him).

Parcher
07-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Ok, I been going over this for a while.

First, regarding the Tog thing. There is no way for me to fix it without replaying the entire previous round. So, I am doing the best thing I can. I am giving Tog a 2-0 win, and leaving the draw from the previous round that should have not been played. This gives Tog a win, which is a free advantage, but he has been winning anyway, and I kind of tanked him last round. Leaving the draw for the unplayed match should keep his tiebrakes mostly the same. It's the fairest solution I can come up with.

In the Funk match, I have to go with what I, and other online leagues have done in the past. The logs clearly show that Funk was responsible for the disconnection. Regardless of who holds the advantage in the game state, if it is irrepairable, as it seems it was in this case, I have to hold the person with the system failure responsible. It doesn't matter what could have been countered, or if lethal was on the stack; if you are reponsible for the crash for whatever reason, and the board cannot be reconstructed, you are at fault.

With a game win already, I have to give the match win to DrJones.

I apologize to Funk, but in this situation, your connectivity is relevant, and you either have to fix it, or be aware of the problem and be prepared for it.

Bardu
07-26-2007, 08:38 PM
I haven't been able to make contact with Hummingbird TG at all. I PMed him once the matchups were announced, and he has not responded. I added him on MSN, but haven't seen him there either. Not that it matters much since neither of us will T8...

Hummingbird, I'm basically in this for testing anyways, so regardless of whether we make it in time for the round feel free to PM me if you want to play our match.

Parcher, thanks alot for running this tournament. Hopefully, you'll run more in the future. This was alot of fun.

Aggro_zombies
07-26-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm going to be at my girlfriend's house tonight, so I won't be back home til after the round ends. Consider this my concession.
Ah, okay. I was wondering why you weren't answering...

Sims
07-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Okay, I see where Parcher is coming from and I agree to a point. The only point that I disagree with is that connectivity is your fault... I don't like the idea that in playing an online tournament, if at any point if the power bumps or the cable goes out for a few moments or even MWSplay decides to give you shit that it's your fault and you are issued a loss. If it was a serious disconnect in an attempt for a replay, yeah.. but if I got handed a matchloss because MWSplay boned me I'd be royally pissed.

Regardless, it's good to have a ruling and precident. I do agree that gamestate was beyond repair so there wasn't much to be done without game logs and screenshots of what he had in his hand, but I certainly hope I don't get shit on in a future match if my MWS fucks up and I get disconnected.

Parcher
07-27-2007, 12:16 AM
A quick clarification.

System: Player Lost. does denote fault. This does not give a reason why the disconnect happened, only who disconnected.

Since there is no way to determine how or why this might have occurred, I have to treat it as though the plug was pulled intentionally unless the game state is recorded.

This is not to say that the players cannot come to a mutually agreeable conclusion themselves. With the good-nature of these tournaments in fact, this is the first time something like this was not resolved internally and I strenuously encourage all to do so. 99% of the time, it is accidental, and everyone realizes this happens. With very limited information about a complex game state though, I have to have some unbiased rule to adhere to.

Van Phanel
07-27-2007, 02:10 AM
First, regarding the Tog thing. There is no way for me to fix it without replaying the entire previous round. So, I am doing the best thing I can. I am giving Tog a 2-0 win, and leaving the draw from the previous round that should have not been played. This gives Tog a win, which is a free advantage, but he has been winning anyway, and I kind of tanked him last round. Leaving the draw for the unplayed match should keep his tiebrakes mostly the same. It's the fairest solution I can come up with.

Sorry, but which -> draw <- are you leaving? He had a loss the previous round. If he had had a draw, he would've been at 10 points and I wouldn't even have considered drawing his round with Tao, because Tog's Tiebreakers are much better than mine.

Mister Agent
07-27-2007, 09:27 AM
A quick clarification.

System: Player Lost. does denote fault. This does not give a reason why the disconnect happened, only who disconnected.

Since there is no way to determine how or why this might have occurred, I have to treat it as though the plug was pulled intentionally unless the game state is recorded.

This is not to say that the players cannot come to a mutually agreeable conclusion themselves. With the good-nature of these tournaments in fact, this is the first time something like this was not resolved internally and I strenuously encourage all to do so. 99% of the time, it is accidental, and everyone realizes this happens. With very limited information about a complex game state though, I have to have some unbiased rule to adhere to.

Well thanks for running this tournament anyway i had a blast even though sometimes my hands were really out of character since mws shuffler can do that for you and that happens to everyone. Next time ill save game logs and possibly a screen shots too just to fill in my arguement behalf I can tell Dr. Jones got the best in this situation since I didnt have anything saved but he did obviously. Its alright parcher not to worry I also learned from my play mistakes in this tournament so the next tournament ill do better since there was this one round i made a major play error that costed me a round but since then I learned.

Parcher
07-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Sorry, but which -> draw <- are you leaving? He had a loss the previous round. If he had had a draw, he would've been at 10 points and I wouldn't even have considered drawing his round with Tao, because Tog's Tiebreakers are much better than mine.

His opponent this round had said he dropped two rounds ago. I gave him a draw last round since neither he, nor hs opponent posted. This is what I am keeping.

EDIT: Cait Sith and Killemall!!! I am not extending this round!!!!!

KillemallCFH
07-27-2007, 01:46 PM
EDIT: Cait Sith and Killemall!!! I am not extending this round!!!!!We're playing tonight.

APriestOfGix
07-27-2007, 06:06 PM
I take it, 2-0.

Still think I'm screwed for top8.

First time i've gone 1-0 and he gets the 2-0...

LOL

Yeah i gave him the 2-0 as he has a better chance of getting in to top 8...

Van Phanel
07-27-2007, 07:53 PM
His opponent this round had said he dropped two rounds ago. I gave him a draw last round since neither he, nor hs opponent posted. This is what I am keeping.

What? Actually Technogeek has posted in the last round and he got the win. This is reflected in the standings (Technogeek having 12 points, Tog having 9)

This is a quote from you, from the other thread:

I have three unfinished matches. Two don't really matter. The techo v. tog does. This is a problem. Since tecno posted, I have to give him the win. I'm not extending a round, and the tournament. Sorry Tog.

Could you just look it up in the standings? Tog did not have a draw last round.

Sorry for complaining about everything, I sure appreciated the whole thing so far, but obviously I'd prefer Top8ing.

KillemallCFH
07-27-2007, 08:44 PM
I won 2-0. My god hands plus Cait Sith's mana screw equals an easy win.

Cait_Sith
07-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Seriously. Turn 2 Goyf, turn 3 Goyf, turn 4 Goyf, with double Force backup. WTF?

Tog
07-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Hey Parcher,

What Van Phanel is saying is true. Technogeek and I had intended to play the last night of the tournament (Round 5) but as soon as I got back from my night classes, Round 6 pairings had already been posted. You gave the win to Technogeek 1-0 because he had posted on the boards. (Side note: I like dealing with PMs)

Just wanted to clarify the matter. Again, many thanks for the tournament.

~Tog

KillemallCFH
07-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Seriously. Turn 2 Goyf, turn 3 Goyf, turn 4 Goyf, with double Force backup. WTF?Don't forget the Daze on the 3sphere.

Parcher
07-27-2007, 11:01 PM
What? Actually Technogeek has posted in the last round and he got the win. This is reflected in the standings (Technogeek having 12 points, Tog having 9)

This is a quote from you, from the other thread:

Could you just look it up in the standings? Tog did not have a draw last round.

Sorry for complaining about everything, I sure appreciated the whole thing so far, but obviously I'd prefer Top8ing.

Tog lost last round. His supposed opponent this round got a draw last round, even though he had dropped. Tog is getting the win against the dropped person this round. I am leaving it that way. Drop it.

Bryant Cook
07-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Tog lost last round. His supposed opponent this round got a draw last round, even though he had dropped. Tog is getting the win against the dropped person this round. I am leaving it that way. Drop it.

I agree, most importantly why is he argueing? This is a FREE event that Parcher is doing for no reason and is giving away his cards. Be thankful, I've played in every event he's had and have had blast each time. People should lighten up and have a good time.

He was also nice enough to give a 6th round, people should treat Parcher better.

Parcher
07-27-2007, 11:25 PM
I agree, most importantly why is he argueing? This is a FREE event that Parcher is doing for no reason and is giving away his cards. Be thankful, I've played in every event he's had and have had blast each time. People should lighten up and have a good time.

He was also nice enough to give a 6th round, people should treat Parcher better.

It's more like they are actually incorrect in this particular case. Pehaps my wording confused some. Andros dropped, but I gave him a draw since I couldn't remove him without screwing the round. And a loss would be unfair to Tog's tiebreakers.

Anyway.....

Final Standings!

1. Adan 15
2. Atwa 15
3. Illissius 14
4. wastedlife 14
5. Di 14
6. Tacosnape 14
7. Tao 13 61.1111/64.2857/59.1934
8. Van Phanel 13 56.4815/71.2486/50.9885
9. Killemall CFH 13 46.2963/75/45.1750
10. WhiteGhost 12
11. BigFleo 12
12. Steffri666 12
13. Tog 12
14. DrJones 12
15. Pinder 12
16. TheRack 12
17. technogeek5000 12
18. Angelfire 12
19 9pts or less...

Pairings should be obvious (sorry Atwa, their draw screwed you), but I start a new thread Monday for the Top 8. Please do not post any results until that time so that I and the other players can keep aware of the situation.

Congratulations to all who made it, and I look forward to finally playing the winner. I'm actually torn. I can't cheer for a Hat Trick by Tao, but then I have never played him and I really want to.

KillemallCFH
07-27-2007, 11:30 PM
Damn, I missed top 8. Oh well. Thanks a lot for hosting the tourney Parcher. I look forward to playing in any future ones you may hold.

The Rack
07-28-2007, 03:00 AM
Thanks a bunch Parcher it is much appreciated!!

Adan
07-28-2007, 04:00 AM
SCREW THIS!!! I don't want to play mirrormatch against Van Phanel!!! xD

But anyways, it's the first european player I may play against, so this time, no time-difference-shit.

Adan
07-28-2007, 04:03 AM
SCREW THIS!!! I don't want to play mirrormatch against Van Phanel!!! xD

But anyways, it's the first european player I may play against, so this time, no time-difference-shit.

And how will the Top8 playoffs be? Are we showing our decklists to each other like we usually do during Top8 Playoffs on big tourney?

@parcher, can you open a new thread so we got more organization?
Anyways, thank you for hosting such a event though there were some inconveniences. Such big prizes 4free are very cool. Respect!

Blaukreuz
07-28-2007, 07:49 AM
wastedlife, Di, Tacosnape: USA
Adan, Tao, Van Phanel: Germany
Illissius: Hungary
Atwa: Netherlands

right?

i'm anxious to see the decklists :cool:

Atwa
07-28-2007, 08:08 AM
@Blaukreuz:

That's pretty much right yeah.

I've already writen an artikel on my deck, I just wait with releasing until I've been kicked out of the tournament. I'll also write a report, which I already have the backbone for.

You have to be a little patient though, since I won't release a report until all my opponents are out of the comtetition, so I won't reveal their deck to future opponents.

Since I have no illusions of beating Tao, the report will be available the moment Tao has either lost or won the tournament (again).

EDIT:
I just realised we either have an all European Finals or a European vs American Finals. Not really important, but just a little funny fact.

Tacosnape
07-28-2007, 12:04 PM
EDIT:
I just realised we either have an all European Finals or a European vs American Finals. Not really important, but just a little funny fact.

Not yet, you don't. I'm still in the 2/3/6/7 half of the Bracket along with half of Europe.

EDIT: Although if Illissius is playing what I think he is, I suspect I'll lose.

Atwa
07-28-2007, 12:18 PM
To be honest I've never reached the Top 8 of any big tournament before, so I thought the brackets were 1-8/2-7/-/3-6/4-5.

I'm wondering if we are going to release our decklists to each other, since Tao and me are already going to play tomorrow. This is better for me due to working times.

How did you guys do that last time? The time before that we didn't release decklists if I remember correctly.

Tacosnape
07-28-2007, 01:37 PM
To be honest I've never reached the Top 8 of any big tournament before, so I thought the brackets were 1-8/2-7/-/3-6/4-5.

Most* single-elimination tournaments of 8, regardless of sport/game, are always seeded to where 1 and 2 are on a collision course for the finals (Seed 1 is always the very top of the bracket and Seed 2 the very bottom), and to where the top 4 seeds will reach the top 4 (1 vs 4, 2 vs 3) unless they're upset by a lower seed. Likewise for 16, 32, and so on. The seeding of a top 8 generally looks like this:

Seed 1
Seed 8

Seed 5
Seed 4

Seed 3
Seed 6

Seed 7
Seed 2

As you can see, without any upsets (An upset being considered where the worse seed wins), this would play into 1 vs 4 / 3 vs 2, followed by 1 vs 2 for the finals.

Therefore, what our bracket -should- end up being is this:

Adan
Van Phanel

Di
Wastedlife

Illissius
Tacosnape

Tao
Atwa

For the heck of it, a seeded 16 person single-elimination tournament would look like this:

Seed 1
Seed 16

Seed 9
Seed 8

Seed 5
Seed 12

Seed 13
Seed 4

Seed 3
Seed 14

Seed 11
Seed 6

Seed 7
Seed 10

Seed 15
Seed 2

(*Except for professional Tennis. They seem to just make up tournaments as they go along.)

The Rack
07-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Seed 1 Seed 16

I wouldn't mind playing Adan. :p

Whit3 Ghost
07-28-2007, 03:26 PM
I'd LOVE to play Tao again.

Pinder
07-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Seed 15
Seed 2

I think it would be interesting to play Atwa.

Parcher
07-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Seed 1
Seed 8

Seed 5
Seed 4

Seed 3
Seed 6

Seed 7
Seed 2

This will be correct, however I'm not opening the new thread for the Finals until Monday, as I don't want people posting results, or complaining they can't find their opponent until then. Play if you want though.

I am not requiring decklists. The purpose of this is to have a level playing field for those who have watched games throughout the tournament. Since overall, most are in the dark I would prefer to leave it that way. Please feel free to post your own list if you wish though.

Tao
07-29-2007, 09:26 AM
I can't beat an opponent who draws 2 games in a row EVERY ROUND the PERFECT SPELL in the particular situation. Each time for fucking 20 turns.

While I draw no spells one game and no mana the other game.

I lost my fucking 80% matchup. Retrospectively it would have been much better if I was paired against Wastedlife and he just comboed me out quick and fast. But these games really sucked.

2-1 for Atwa.

anyway, here is my list

// Lands
4 [RAV] Forest (1)
3 [R] Bayou
3 [A] Savannah
3 [REW] Wasteland
1 [RAV] Swamp (1)
1 [US] Plains (4)
4 [ON] Windswept Heath
1 [ON] Polluted Delta
3 [ON] Wooded Foothills

// Creatures
4 [FUT] Tarmogoyf
1 [CHK] Sakura-Tribe Elder
4 [SH] Wall of Blossoms
3 [FD] Eternal Witness
1 [RAV] Loxodon Hierarch
1 [UL] Bone Shredder
1 [AL] Krovikan Horror
1 [JU] Genesis

// Spells
4 [JU] Cabal Therapy
3 [EX] Survival of the Fittest
3 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
4 [AP] Pernicious Deed
4 [R] Swords to Plowshares
3 [PLC] Extirpate

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [PLC] Extirpate
SB: 4 [ARE] Duress
SB: 4 [7E] Engineered Plague
SB: 2 [TSP] Krosan Grip
SB: 3 [LE] Glowrider
SB: 1 [TSP] Harmonic Sliver

I would change the list after the tourney as followed:

change one Extirpate and Harmonic SB / MD

APriestOfGix
07-29-2007, 11:49 AM
I can't beat an opponent who draws 2 games in a row EVERY ROUND the PERFECT SPELL in the particular situation. Each time for fucking 20 turns.

While I draw no spells one game and no mana the other game.

I lost my fucking 80% matchup. Retrospectively it would have been much better if I was paired against Wastedlife and he just comboed me out quick and fast. But these games really sucked.

2-1 for Atwa.

anyway, here is my list

// Lands
4 [RAV] Forest (1)
3 [R] Bayou
3 [A] Savannah
3 [REW] Wasteland
1 [RAV] Swamp (1)
1 [US] Plains (4)
4 [ON] Windswept Heath
1 [ON] Polluted Delta
3 [ON] Wooded Foothills

// Creatures
4 [FUT] Tarmogoyf
1 [CHK] Sakura-Tribe Elder
4 [SH] Wall of Blossoms
3 [FD] Eternal Witness
1 [RAV] Loxodon Hierarch
1 [UL] Bone Shredder
1 [AL] Krovikan Horror
1 [JU] Genesis

// Spells
4 [JU] Cabal Therapy
3 [EX] Survival of the Fittest
4 [AP] Pernicious Deed
4 [R] Swords to Plowshares
3 [PLC] Extirpate

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [PLC] Extirpate
SB: 4 [ARE] Duress
SB: 4 [7E] Engineered Plague
SB: 2 [TSP] Krosan Grip
SB: 3 [LE] Glowrider
SB: 1 [TSP] Harmonic Sliver

I would change the list after the tourney as followed:

change one Extirpate and Harmonic SB / MD

he said not to post results yet...

LOL

Atwa
07-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Sorry man.

Although some of those cards I've drawn were the whole purpose of the deck, lots of luck was involved.

MWS was a bitch for you too.

Tacosnape
07-29-2007, 12:06 PM
Sorry man.

Although some of those cards I've drawn were the whole purpose of the deck, lots of luck was involved.

It's eating at me to know what you're playing now.:cool:

Though I think Illissius will kill me long before I get to find out.

Atwa
07-29-2007, 12:14 PM
It's eating at me to know what you're playing now.:cool:

Though I think Illissius will kill me long before I get to find out.

I also thought Tao was going to wreck me, like always. Some luck and an unknown deck can really do wonderfull things though.

My deck is good only against some archtypes and really sucks against others, it mostly depends on luck. I've already written a primer about the deck which I'll post after I'm finished with the tournament, together with a report.

In about (maximum) a week you'll know what I play. Or you should win your next round, then you get to play against it :) I think it's in my advantage we didn't release decklists, now I've still got some nasty suprises. Ask White-ghost how he felt after our thirth game.

Whit3 Ghost
07-29-2007, 12:35 PM
I also thought Tao was going to wreck me, like always. Some luck and an unknown deck can really do wonderfull things though.

My deck is good only against some archtypes and really sucks against others, it mostly depends on luck. I've already written a primer about the deck which I'll post after I'm finished with the tournament, together with a report.

In about (maximum) a week you'll know what I play. Or you should win your next round, then you get to play against it :) I think it's in my advantage we didn't release decklists, now I've still got some nasty suprises. Ask White-ghost how he felt after our thirth game.
You don't even need to, just read Atwa's sig.
If he didn't do what he did, I was winning that next turn.

Instead, I took the bullet train to frowntown.

Adan
07-29-2007, 04:52 PM
I could just copy-paste what Tao wrote, I was also simply lucked away.
Actually the 2nd game was acceptable. I had my average draw and won.
But g1 and g3 sucked.

Anyways, Van Phanel won 2-1

This is what my build looks like:

// Lands
2 [ON] Polluted Delta
1 [RAV] Mountain (1)
2 [RAV] Island (1)
3 [UL] Faerie Conclave
4 [4E] Mishra's Factory
4 [R] Volcanic Island
1 [ON] Wooded Foothills
3 [TE] Wasteland
2 [ON] Bloodstained Mire

// Spells
4 [AT] Lightning Bolt
4 [AP] Fire/Ice
3 [GP] Repeal
2 [FD] Crucible of Worlds
4 [OD] Standstill
4 [MM] Brainstorm
4 [AL] Force of Will
3 [CS] Counterbalance
3 [BOK] Disrupting Shoal
2 [FD] Engineered Explosives
2 [MR] Thirst for Knowledge

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [FD] Engineered Explosives
SB: 3 [4E] Blue Elemental Blast
SB: 3 [4E] Red Elemental Blast
SB: 2 [TSB] Tormod's Crypt
SB: 3 [BOK] Threads of Disloyalty
SB: 3 [SC] Stifle

UR Landstill doesn't suck by the way. You just don't see the potential.^^
But this way actually a experimental build. But I was doomed to play with it because I misclicked and copy-pasted the wrong security code (I sent the code of this build instead of the good one, Counterbalance was not meant to be in the maindeck.) I'll post the actual build into the landstill thread for discussion.

Atwa
07-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Gettin owned by MWS really sucks, but now you've spoiled the decks of 2 people still in the running.

I'd suggest you erase that part of the post, since we ould have a Top 8 where noone still knows which decks we all play.

Adan
07-29-2007, 05:13 PM
Gettin owned by MWS really sucks, but now you've spoiled the decks of 2 people still in the running.

I'd suggest you erase that part of the post, since we ould have a Top 8 where noone still knows which decks we all play.

Ok, I erased it, but usually, in Single Eliminations each other has to show the opponent the decklists.

I had a lot of informations before, so actually I could have an advantage.
I knew where to look after these and that builds.

So where's the problem? wastedlife already said that he runs TES, Tao ran GBw Survival and I ran UR Landstill. What Tacosnape runs should also be obvious.
And I also know what you play (which makes me think that Van Phanel will lose in the Semifinals since I also did some playtesting and met Glix on MWS, playing that deck).

Van Phanel
07-29-2007, 05:24 PM
You got something wrong here Adan:

If I'm playing Atwa, then it will only be in the finals. In the semis, I'll get the winner from Di-Wastedlife.

And another thing: You can sure quote Tao's post, but not the part about losing an 80% matchup. That would just not be correct. I'd rather say our matchup is 50-50 maybe (and only maybe) slightly preferring you.

I won't deny the fact that MWs hated you and liked me in 2 of the 3 games though and the other way round only in 1 game.

Atwa
07-29-2007, 05:25 PM
I had no idea what Tacoscape was running until I read your post. It doesn't matter that much to me, since I haven't tested the matchup yet, but I believe Parcher said he didn't want us to release our decklists.

Anyway, who is Glix and how does he know what I'm playing? The only place I've posted the list so far is on our teamboards (of which I can guarentee he didn't acces). Maybe if he played me on MWS he might have some general idea, but I really doubt it.

Anyway, this doesn't matter all that much. I'm fine with releasing my decklist (or just say what kind of deck I'm playing) if Parcher askes me to.

I do however, prefer to keep it unknown for a little while, because even if I've read now what archtype my (possible) next opponent is playing, I still have no idea what his list looks like. His archtype is one of those with nummerous tuning options.

And btw, Tao also didn't have a 80% matchup against me. I think if I really had to give numbers, it would be 55-60% max. Anyway, we'll see after the decklists all have been released and some people can have done some testing. I do not really care about numbers. These evolve too much of people's expecience with their decks.

Tao
07-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Anyway, who is Glix and how does he know what I'm playing? The only place I've posted the list so far is on our teamboards (of which I can guarentee he didn't acces). Maybe if he played me on MWS he might have some general idea, but I really doubt it.

Glix is a random MWS guy and plays a different deck from you.

And btw, Tao also didn't have a 80% matchup against me. I think if I really had to give numbers, it would be 55-60% max. Anyway, we'll see after the decklists all have been released and some people can have done some testing. I do not really care about numbers. These evolve too much of people's expecience with their decks.

Seriously, you cannot win this matchup realistically. I fear only 1 card in your deck (the card you had 2 of early in G2) and I have enough solutions for that card.

The luck in Game 3 would have brought you a million $ in any lottery and even though you topdecked for 8 turns and I was mana screwed it was only the 8th Topdeck in a row that won you the game.
But usually I draw lands and usually you stop topdecking the perfect card at least for 1 turn.

@Parcher: Sorry for posting the result too early! I missed that you wanted us to post results later.

Atwa
07-30-2007, 01:07 AM
Seriously, you cannot win this matchup realistically. I fear only 1 card in your deck (the card you had 2 of early in G2) and I have enough solutions for that card.

We'll discuss that after the tournament is played, ok? Since you seem to forget you had kept me at 2 lands almost the whole game 1. Let's not spam this thread anymore with arguing who's deck is better.

I'll make a thread for these kind of arguments

Illissius
07-30-2007, 03:44 AM
Yeah, I think we should wait until after the T8 for discussing anything besides our own decks, if that. For example, knowing that Tao's Survival deck is supposed to have an excellent matchup against Atwa's already lets one make some educated guesses about what Atwa is playing. Not good.

Alternately, make all the lists public at the start; but Parcher decided otherwise, and as some matches have already been played, it would be unfair to them to do it now.

Parcher
07-30-2007, 02:37 PM
I just opened a new finals thread.

I think it is a good idea for the losing player to post their list each round.

I will also ask that the finals players post the game log.