PDA

View Full Version : "Auction Of You" Build ABC Legacy Deck Competition

Firebrothers
07-18-2007, 05:52 PM
I saw this article (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/daily/cm80)posted on wizards.com and thought some may be interested. In summary

Build a legacy deck
Each deck has 60 cards
1-4 copies of 26 unique cards
Each card's English name must begin with a different letter of the alphabet
No sideboard
decks will be selected based on a combination of creativity, entertainment and play value.
deadline for submissions is August 8th, 2007

And thats all about they say although I think the article may allude to some sort of future competition/prize/goodness for deck winners. I thought some people may be interested seeing as it is Legacy decks.

DrJones
07-19-2007, 07:12 AM
It can be fun, but I guess that if you post a decklist anywhere in the internet you become disqualified.
I was thinking about giving it a try, but seeing how my gorgeous Adam Rex theme deck got the axe last time, and they put instead that absolutely horrible Myr deck, I think I won't bother.

Eldariel
07-19-2007, 02:07 PM
I participated with a deck that could use a year of tuning, but felt was sufficient for the challenge as it was. Basically just False Cure Beats (midgame, with Duress, Hymn and Xantid). It covers all the letters easily, and packs quite a bit of power.

Phantom
07-19-2007, 02:18 PM
How could anyone decide between Deep Anal and Didgeridoo?

Eldariel
07-19-2007, 02:29 PM
I challenge anyone who hasn't yet posted a deck to try and post a serious Thunderbluff in there.

CynicalSquirrel
07-19-2007, 02:57 PM
I challenge anyone who hasn't yet posted a deck to try and post a serious Thunderbluff in there.
Alright, I made one. I'll test it out a bit before I submit it, but it looks pretty solid on paper. I tried to stay true to the original Thunderbluff as best I could, but I had to eliminate some cards like Talruum Piper to make sure the more important minotaurs like Tahngarth made it in the deck. Overall it looks good though, I can PM the list of people want and we can all try to work on it.

TheDarkshineKnight
07-19-2007, 03:05 PM
But, you can't run Thunder Bluff without Anaba Grunt! :P

Bryant Cook
07-19-2007, 03:17 PM
I just made a combo deck with 10 land... Then go to submit it and it says 24. FUCK THAT.

clavio
07-19-2007, 09:26 PM
But, you can't run Thunder Bluff without Anaba Grunt! :P

It has to be legacy legal

Firebrothers
07-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Coming up with a deck using all letters wasn't as difficult as I thought but making all the cards work together to play a somewhat competitive game is proving more difficult.