3 Savannah
3 Bayou
4 Wasteland
3 Windswept Heath
3 Bloodstained Mire
2 Plains
1 Forest
1 Swamp

This is from Doug's article at Star City Games (http://www.starcitygames.com/php/news/article/14621.html)

vigilante
09-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Seems awfully similar to some versions of The Rack's Rockin' Funkbrew, sans Glittering Wish-board.

For reference, http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4504

thefreakaccident
09-02-2007, 10:45 PM
This is funkbrew, just without the glittering tech... try looking for it, I am sure you'll find what you are looking for.

I beleive it is on the first page of established forums.

hi-val
09-03-2007, 06:00 PM
I played a list very similar to this in a small local tournament recently and won. It's solid and Glittering Wish is really slow and doesn't fill in any holes that the deck has so I'm not bummed about its non-inclusion. I cut Plains, Swamp and Forest for 3 Nantuko Monastery and they're ridiculous. I'll probably be mentioning the tweaks in my article in a couple weeks.

And it's not Funkbrew, it's Junk. That would be like saying EBA was based on Dumptruck. Junk came before Funkbrew, it was an old Extended deck that I and other people stole from : )

The Rack
09-03-2007, 06:25 PM
As the creator of Funkbrew I'd like it if people wouldn;t impose and call this deck Funkbrew. It is not, it is a Junk deck similar to the one I gathered ideas from for my deck back 2 years ago from the extended season. I personally think Glittering Wish is wonderful in Junk style decks but I'll keep that to my opnion. Monasteries are great in these decks too. Good luck with it.

hi-val
09-03-2007, 06:48 PM
The Rack: I think it was you that brought this up in my article thread, but it's worth repeating here: BWG is a really powerful combination of colors but it either goes really small or really big. Things like Glittering Wish are really slow in this deck; you don't want complete control or bullets, but instead, just really efficient stuff that grinds out attrition. In Funkbrew, Wish grabs gamewinners like Grave-shell Scarab once it's stabilized. Unfortunately, Junk just cannot afford the mana for it. Both decks are really interesting and play many similar cards, but there really doesn't seem to be a midrange deck in there. Does this make sense?

The Rack
09-03-2007, 07:01 PM
hi val: Most Definately. I was advocating Wish in a Junk deck but I totally understand how it wouldn't fit in your kind of Junk Deck because it is cluncky and too slow and due to the speed of your deck you don't need game winning finishers. My deck and your deck are two different decks altogether. The playstyles and deck strategies we both create have different views too. It makes sense now : ).

As to the deck, why not run Hymn in place of Verdict? Is it hard to get the BB consistently for you?

hi-val
09-03-2007, 07:15 PM
I ended up running both Hymn and Verdict, moving the Deeds to the sideboard. It was good because it gave me consistent 2-for-1 discarding but I'm not completely sold on the switch. More testing is in order. I think I'd give Hymn the nod maindeck, but there were times when it was really awkward to try to cast.