View Full Version : Cataclism + Razor Golem
Rinello
03-12-2008, 03:51 PM
I have 2 Razor Golem on board:
If I use Cataclism can I keep one of them as a creature and one as the artifact I choose to keep?
My opponent says that every Golem is an Artifact AND a Creature, so I must check something like:
"I need to keep ONE creature. I have 2, so I must sacrifice one" and so on.
Can You help please?
Zach Tartell
03-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Your opponent is a douche-sack.
I can't quote a rules thing, but I know from experience that you choose a permenant of each type (much as Sundering titan can pick a Dual twice to protect another), ignoring the amount of other ones, then sac all but the rest.
Dilettante
03-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Yep. You *must* choose one of each type unless it is not available. You MAY name one Razor Golem as the artifact or creature... OR one Razor Golem as an artifact or another as a creature. Nowhere on the card (Each player chooses from the permanents he or she controls an artifact, a creature, an enchantment, and a land, then sacrifices the rest.) does it say you sacrifice all but one creature, in which that train of logic would apply. You choose to shield several permanents, one of those specified types, and maul the rest.
Anusien
03-14-2008, 03:07 AM
Razor Golem is an artifact, and can be chosen as your artifact. It is also a creature and can be chosen as your creature.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.