PDA

View Full Version : Quirion Dryad



Zork
03-17-2008, 02:16 PM
I just recently had someone quit on me because I said I needed to look up the most recent rulings on Dryad.

I had a Dryad on the board and played a cantrip that was countered by counterbalance, and I thought that since the card said when you play a spell it wouldn't matter if the spell was countered for giving the +1.

After my opponent quit I looked at the card and saw no errata. Was my assumption correct?

Sanguine Voyeur
03-17-2008, 02:26 PM
You are correct. When you play the spell, the trigger for the +1/+1 counter is put on the stack. The counter is put on regardless of resolution of the spell.

Lego
03-18-2008, 02:45 PM
You are correct. When you play the spell, the trigger for the +1/+1 counter is put on the stack. The counter is put on regardless of resolution of the spell.

And Dryad actually gets the counter before the spell resolves, which might randomly be relevant.