PDA

View Full Version : Epic Posters...



Jak
05-08-2008, 01:15 AM
Can there be a list that says who you shouldn't listen to for new players? I just fear Thunderbluff happens all to often. Although that is hilarious that someone would buy Kraj, but I fear that would turn people off to the format. I know, I know, "They should test before they buy!" you may say, but I still like new players to come into the format. I know I am not the greatest Magic player in the world, but I don't spam the board with deck ideas or budget decks. Can this take effect quickly? I want to prevent "Cravius the Not-So-Great" and "Clark Kant-Build-Good-Decks" from taking over the source with their budget MBC decks and Lich.

Internet Hate Machine
05-08-2008, 01:28 AM
Ok, stupid question, but what is 'Thunderbluff'? I haven't been around long enough to have an idea what that is, and people keep mentioning it.

Di
05-08-2008, 01:28 AM
...this probably should've been resorted to a PM. But I'm laughing very, very hard right now. I don't even know what to make of this.

Pinder
05-08-2008, 01:28 AM
I hardly believe this is necessary. People should be able to sift out the really crappy stuff based on its merits (or perhaps more accurately, lack thereof) alone. We don't want to start new members off with an automatic bias against certain members, regardless of how justified that may be.

edit - and IHM, Thunderbluff was a former DTB that completely dominated the Legacy meta for a while, with 90% win percentage across the field, including the mirror. The only reason it's not popular today is due to the emergency banning of Anaba Grunt, which was an integral piece of the deck's main engine.

Internet Hate Machine
05-08-2008, 01:33 AM
ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Pinder
05-08-2008, 01:42 AM
ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Yeah, it even T8'd Legacy Worlds once. Ask bigbear102.

Aleksandr
05-08-2008, 02:21 AM
I hardly believe this is necessary. People should be able to sift out the really crappy stuff based on its merits (or perhaps more accurately, lack thereof) alone. We don't want to start new members off with an automatic bias against certain members, regardless of how justified that may be.

edit - and IHM, Thunderbluff was a former DTB that completely dominated the Legacy meta for a while, with 90% win percentage across the field, including the mirror. The only reason it's not popular today is due to the emergency banning of Anaba Grunt, which was an integral piece of the deck's main engine.

With Didgeridoos reaching 80 bucks per playset, mirrors were not of an issue.

Pinder
05-08-2008, 03:10 AM
With Didgeridoos reaching 80 bucks per playset, mirrors were not of an issue.

This is true. Can't believe I forgot about the ol' Cow Stick.

Illissius
05-08-2008, 04:04 AM
Can there be a list that says who you shouldn't listen to for new players?

Rule of thumb: Their usernames generally start with C or R. Don't ask me why.

...and now I've offended approximately one thirteenth of the Source's membership. Go me!

Cait_Sith
05-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Hey, I do some helpful stuff sometimes.

Nihil Credo
05-08-2008, 06:35 AM
Let's all get a sockpuppet and a proxy and write what we really think of our fellow Sourcers! Or not.

Cait_Sith
05-08-2008, 06:40 AM
Let's all get a sockpuppet and a proxy and write what we really think of our fellow Sourcers! Or not.

I believe last time that happened someone got banned and there was lulz/anger all around.

Of course, it wasn't a sock puppet...

Versus
05-08-2008, 07:01 AM
This is a great idea. So many of us are stuck holding playsets of Didgeridoos, am I right?

kicks_422
05-08-2008, 07:02 AM
Rule of thumb: Their usernames generally start with C or R. Don't ask me why.

That reminded me of Radley. The classic "get the fuck off my thread".

Cait_Sith
05-08-2008, 07:06 AM
Cavius pulled that last night.

I have the honor of creating what appears to be the first thread Radley posted in.

His comment? The deck was too slow. He refused to elaborate what the problem could be. This was important because my experience was to his and several other people's.

Getsickanddie
05-08-2008, 07:32 AM
I want to prevent "Cravius the Not-So-Great" and "Clark Kant-Build-Good-Decks" from taking over the source with their budget MBC decks and Lich.


According to Cavius' investigation of teh gooogles we've already lost Germany. Either German ingenuity is a load of horse shit or the end is extremely fucking nigh.

Cabal-kun
05-08-2008, 08:02 AM
According to Cavius' investigation of teh gooogles we've already lost Germany. Either German ingenuity is a load of horse shit or the end is extremely fucking nigh.

I wouldn't say that. Adan and DiF are there, right? They alone are more than enough.

T is for TOOL
05-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Can there be a list that says who you shouldn't listen to for new players?
No.