View Full Version : New Duel Decks
Pinder
06-10-2008, 12:45 AM
So this (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/arcana/1608) is interesting. It seems like an expert level version of the Goblins vs Elves thing. I'll reserve judgment until I see which cards are in the decks (especially Jace's), but it looks like it could be promising.
Citrus-God
06-10-2008, 12:58 AM
So this (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/arcana/1608) is interesting. It seems like an expert level version of the Goblins vs Elves thing. I'll reserve judgment until I see which cards are in the decks (especially Jace's), but it looks like it could be promising.
I look forward to an alternate art foil Jace Beleren.
raharu
06-10-2008, 12:59 AM
Errrrr.... "The decks showcase some of the best control and burn cards from throughout Magic's 15 year history"? This sounds either rediculiously promising or an incredible letdown (because I've heard scrubs say that Fireball is the best non-creature spell in the game).
That art looks pretty sweet. Whatever these decks turn out to be, foil alternate art versions of Jace and Chandra for $20... doesn't seem like a horrible deal? Alternate arts of other cards too.
Still, sucks that there'll probably only be one of each per deck. We can hope they've got Lightning Bolt and Counterspell though :)
yawg07
06-10-2008, 01:12 AM
This art ...
http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/arcana1000/1608_JVC_image.jpg
Looks a LOT like a Hydroblast/Blue Elemental Blast, MAN I'd love me some new-frame REBs/BEBs/Pyros/Hydros.
Pinder
06-10-2008, 01:15 AM
This art ...
http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/arcana1000/1608_JVC_image.jpg
Looks a LOT like a Hydroblast/Blue Elemental Blast, MAN I'd love me some new-frame REBs/BEBs/Pyros/Hydros.
Good call. I would love a BEB with that art. Especially in foil...
raharu
06-10-2008, 02:10 AM
That art looks pretty sweet. Whatever these decks turn out to be, foil alternate art versions of Jace and Chandra for $20... doesn't seem like a horrible deal? Alternate arts of other cards too.
Still, sucks that there'll probably only be one of each per deck. We can hope they've got Lightning Bolt and Counterspell though :)
Or Fireblast and Fow? :3
As much as I know all the good cards will be only 1-ofs, this does slightly excite me.. there were some decent cards in the Goblins vs. Elves pack, even though those decks needed a lot of work... But going from Siege-Bangs, to Jace, gives me hope for the next set. These could be decent ways of getting reprints of good cards without giving them a mass release and putting them into type 2.
Do I think that means FoW? No. That would be ridiculous and you'd have people having the Jitte syndrome of which store owners would open the packs and take the FoWs then sell the opened packs for the same 20 bucks... But I do hope that it will pave the way for reprints for decent cards that have been out of print and hard to get for a while.
sunshine
06-10-2008, 11:34 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if that art was actually for jace, and chandra had something similar so they would have a mural type effect when you put the two cards next to each other.
Versus
06-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Oh man, new Dazes would be great. I'm sick of that dude staring at me!
I'm not into those two particular PW's, but if the reprints of the other cards are great Legacy staples (and the art is better than any current version) I would have no problem dulling out $80 for 4 sets and just trading the foils off.
dahcmai
06-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Yay, new Jace's for my stupid Stasis deck to annoy people with.
Pinder
06-10-2008, 01:16 PM
But going from Siege-Bangs, to Jace, gives me hope for the next set.
I'm just waiting for the Garruk vs. Liliana. That would be nuts.
sunshine
06-10-2008, 01:36 PM
a new brainstorm... especially new art and foil would be rediculous
yawg07
06-10-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm just waiting for the Garruk vs. Liliana. That would be nuts.
I don't think they could release a "Give us $20 and we'll give you two new art foil versions of cards that are already $8 and $15 non-foils" :laugh:
Wallace
06-10-2008, 04:25 PM
I would love to see a Foil/Alt Art Fork, that would be hawt!
I don't think they could release a "Give us $20 and we'll give you two new art foil versions of cards that are already $8 and $15 non-foils" :laugh:
Indeed. You'd have the "Jitte" syndrome mentioned above.
Hummingbird TG
06-12-2008, 12:22 PM
a new brainstorm... especially new art and foil would be rediculous
Yeah, to add insult to injury to Vintage players, I suppose? :laugh:
freakish777
06-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Some ideas of cards that might be in these:
Blue Side:
Condescend
Remand
Dissipate
Thwart (I think this is more likely than Daze)
Counterspell
Repulse (maybe Man-O'-War)
Counsel of the Soratami
Strategic Planning (would be hot)
Sage Owl
Wormfang Drake
Pendrell Drake
Thieving Magpie
Mulldrifter
Scrivener
Palinchron
Red Side:
Lava Dart
Fireblast (I'm picking this over Lightning Bolt)
Magma Jet
Hammer of Bogardan
Rolling Thunder
Arc Lightning
Jackal Pup
Fireslinger
Keldon Champion
Flametongue Kavu
Brimstone Dragon (pretty sure there will be exactly one dragon on the red side, hopefully it's a portal reprint)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.