-
[Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
Knight Ware Inc in Studio City, CA is holding a Sanctioned Legacy tournament on Sunday October 9, 2011 at 1:00 PM
This will be one of our Fixed Prize Legacy events.
Start time will be 1:00 PM and REL will be Competitive
Kevin Long (L1) has agreed to head judge
If anyone else wants to help floor judge, please contact me
Entry Fee $20 if paid before 12:30 PM (we open at 11 am)
after 12:30 PM $25
I have seats / table space for 70 players.
Please show up early if you can
Prize Pool
Current Prize Pool
all Duals are revised
2x Badlands (EX and NM+)
2x Bayou (NM and EX+)
2x Plateau (EX+ and NM+)
1x Plateau (EX+)
2x Savannah (EX-)
2x Scrubland (NM and NM off Center)
1x Scrubland (Fine)
2x Taiga (EX / EX-)
2x Tropical Island (EX- and Fine)
2x Tundra (EX and EX-)
2x Underground Sea (EX and EX- [with shuffle crease])
2x Volcanic Island (NM and EX)
http://www.knight-ware.com/duals1_orig72.jpg
Prizes will be based on attendance
8-24 people prizes to top 4 only (we may do a swiss + 1 at this level)
25-32 people prizes to top 8
33-40 top 9
41-48 top 10
49-55 top 10 and 1 random
56+ top 10 and 2 randoms
Where
Knight Ware Inc.
3709 Cahuenga Blvd. West
Studio City, CA. 91604
(818) 769-7830
http://www.knight-ware.com
When
Sunday October 9, 2011
Store opens at 11 AM
Registration anytime after that and before 1:00 PM
(casual play before the tourney is most welcome, bring your EDH, vintage, etc.)
Tournament at 1:00 PM
Entry Fee $20 if paid before 12:30 PM (we open at 11 am)
[b]after 12:30 PM $25
Format:
Legacy
REL is Competitive
Decklists Required
8-23 players, we may do a swiss + 1 with no cut
24-32 players, 5 rounds cut T8
33-64 players 6 rounds cut T8
65-71 players 7 rounds cut T8
first place, first pick, second place, second pick and so on
WER (Wizards Event Reporter) standings just prior to the cut will be used to determine 3rd/4th and 5th-8th
Parking
Parking is the main reason most of our larger events are on Sundays•Behind the store there are numbered spaces.
Knight Ware has spaces 9, 10, and 11
but
on Sundays, 2 of our 3 neighbors are usually closed
Sun Cafe (spaces 7 and 8 - the ones on either side of the telephone pole)
is now open on Sunday, please don’t park there
The streets are metered but not checked on sundays
The first street to the west of us is Lankersheim Blvd..
On Lankersheim to the south there is unregulated street parking
Just west of Lankersheim (north side of the street) is an open lot that says
additional MTA parking. It does not get used much on the weekends
unless the hollywood bowl is running something and then there will be signs
any questions, post, call or email me
thanks
Lori Saul
Knight Ware Inc.
-
Re: [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
This is going to be my come back.
-
Re: [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
Quote:
Originally Posted by
lorddotm
This is going to be my come back.
We will storm in like reanimated cowboys eager to start the apocalypse.
-
Re: [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
-
Re: [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
You wrote on all those cards?! Oh the horror!
-
Re: [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
Quote:
Originally Posted by
luckme10
You wrote on all those cards?! Oh the horror!
They're still sleeve playable, bro.
-
Re: [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
Looked at thread, then pic, thought this was this weekend. Looked at title again. Nope, OCTOBER ****ING NINE!
-
Re: [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
-
Re: [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
I am going to tear this up.
-
Re: [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
I'm excited. (Also, anyone coming from the downtown/coliseum area? I could use a ride and would be happy to chip in for gas)
-
Re: [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
anyone near pomona or any of the peeps passing through from orange county that can hook up a ride ?
-
Re: [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Antonius
anyone near pomona or any of the peeps passing through from orange county that can hook up a ride ?
I think I can make this, if so I can give you a ride again. I'll let you know later this week for sure.
-
Re: [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
Lori, are you going to be splitting the randoms into smaller chunks?
-
Re: [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Jacob
Lori, are you going to be splitting the randoms into smaller chunks?
Currently the 2 randoms are set at one dual each.
If we get a really huge turnout, I may add another random (dual) to the prize pool
-
Re: [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
Quote:
Originally Posted by
soltakar
I think I can make this, if so I can give you a ride again. I'll let you know later this week for sure.
Don't think i'll be needing a ride anymore, man. Got it figured out. Thanks, though.
-
Re: [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
Quote:
Originally Posted by
soltakar
I think I can make this, if so I can give you a ride again. I'll let you know later this week for sure.
Don't think i'll be needing a ride anymore, man. Got it figured out. Thanks, though.
-
Re: [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
One pm seems so early. I will be there though, and even earlier than that. If anyone who has not already contacted me needs cards let me know.
-
Re: [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
Harduvel and I split in the finals. He with Reanimator, and I with anti-Reanimator. Rest of Top8 was:
1/2. Reanimator
1/2. Maverick
3. Hive Mind
4. Reanimator
5-8. Reanimator
5-8. Reanimator
5-8. TNT
5-8. BUG-caster
:)
-
Re: [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
Thanks for a great event, Lori. And thanks, Kevin, for judging, shipping me a list, and lending me cards.
And Koby, thanks for not rubbing it in too hard when you crushed me in the quarterfinals.
This format has devolved into Reanimator and Anti-Reanimator. Clearly, they need to ban Swords to Plowshares to balance the format (into the sweet sweet dream of all-Reanimator, all the time).
-
Re: [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday October 9, 2011 Knight Ware Inc. 2X each Dual $20 entry
Man, sorry I missed this one, it sounded awesome. Note to self though, test the Reanimator matchup heavily with Eureka!