Originally Posted by
Quentin Coldman
Yesterday I tried out something new I call "Bloody Depths", what uses the new interaction between Magus of the Moon and Dark Depths. Depths comes without counter under a Moon and when you get rid of the Moon you have a Depths without counter and get a Marit Lage. Magus also wins very often by itself. The deck seems very strong in the current meta, because u have a good matchup against Delver, Czech Pile, BUG, Elves. The combo matchup is very poor, but u can try to fix it with the sideboard. To kill ur own Magus I use Punishing Fire and Fling. Fling is also very nice with Marit Lage. For protection I played Sylvan Safekeeper, because the manabase can't support black anymore. I'm testing the deck now for a while and gave in a try yesterday at a 69 man tournament. I played the following list:
//Lands
4 Grove of the Burnwillows
4 Wooded Foothills
4 Dark Depths
4 Thespian's Stage
1 Sejiri Steppe
1 Bojuka Bog
1 Ghost Quarter
1 Snow-Covered Mountain
4 Snow-Covered Forest
1 Taiga
//Creatures
4 Sylvan Safekeeper
4 Magus of the Moon
//Spells
4 Crop Rotation
4 Sylvan Scrying
4 Expedition Map
4 Mox Diamond
4 Punishing Fire
2 Fling
2 Sylvan Library
3 Pithing Needle
//Sideboard
3 Pyroclasm
1 Karakas
2 Grafdigger's Cage
2 Ground Seal
2 Krosan Grip
4 Thorn of Amethyst
1 Dryad Arbor
Matchups yesterday were:
2:0 vs BUG Nic Fit
2:0 vs UR Moon
2:1 vs Elves
0:2 vs Sneak Show
2:1 vs Death and Taxes
2:0 vs RUG Delver
ID vs RUG Delver
Quarterfinal
1:2 vs RUG Delver
Any ideas on the list or the whole deckplan? Pls share your thoughts with me :)