Originally Posted by
i-never-smile
Does Raven's Crime have any potential with the uphill combo match? I don't know how much black mana the deck can accumulate in the first couple of turns, but it seems like something worth considering. For those who are too lazy too look it up on gatherer:
Raven's Crime-B
Sorcery
Target player discards a card.
Retrace
It just seems to me like you could go nuts with this card. For example:
Turn 1 land-exploration-land-raven's crime. Turn 2 land-triple raven's crime. Combo just got owned by lands--4 discarded on turn 2.
Alternatively:
Turn 1 land-gamble for raven's crime. Turn 2 land-double raven's crime.
Or:
Turn 1 land-mox diamond-manabond-burning wish out a raven's crime. Turn 2 land-start discarding. This is a game 1 play, and the turn 2 discard should be able to slow down combo at least a little bit.
It's possible I have it all wrong and this card is terrible, and the combo matchup should just be scooped. But it seems worth testing, for sure, and I don't think it would be likely that combo would use Chalice @1 to stop it either--so it's going to do some damage, most likely.