-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
The top 2 from this tournament (86 Players) played pretty much the same build, which was Ugr (Tarmogoyf & Pryoclasm in the board) with Crucible. Another change was playing only 2 Noughts, while they do have 3 Mages. How does this sit with people?
More and more seems that green is more in likely the strongest splash. Followed by whatever your meta contains for the second one. I've been playing these colors (Ugr) for awhile, helped me get 2 top 4 splits (+20 people) and 2 top 8s.
The one thing I have not tested yet, but have been meaning too is Crucible. Seems strong and has worked for Landstill since pretty much its conception. Has anyone here tested it?
See below for deck lists:
Milano Legacy Tarmo VS. Chino
Location: Milan
Players: 86
Date: July 13th
Top 8:
1) Eugenio Capocasale - TarmoDreadStill
2 Dreadnought
3 Tarmo
3 Trinket
4 Brainstorm
3 Daze
4 Fow
3 Spell snare
4 Stifle
1 Trickbind
2 Counterbalance
4 Standstill
1 EE
1 Tormod
2 Top
2 Crucible
1 Needle
3 Flooded
4 Island
4 Mishra
3 Delta
2 Tropical
2 Vulcanica
3 Waste
1 Academy ruins
---------------------
2 Pyroclasm
2 Echoing truth
3 Krosan Grip
1 EE
2 Tormod
3 Propaganda
2 Gilded drake
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
List is definetally different, you can tell just by the way the deck looks it plays out rather slow. I like the Crucibles main and the Propagandas from the board, they are really a beating against Ichorid and Goblins. The two things I noticed that struck me as new were the 2 Dreadnoughts. The lists we run with 4 gives you the boost needed to just end games rediculously fast. He seems to take a more Landstillish approach which is great just a different way to take the deck. Goyf is always a beating, however.
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
I think the way this deck to develop is like canadian ThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThresh or 'tempo ThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThreshThresh' , but I absolutly agree that the lategame is our enemy so I suggest this deck:
we absolutly need:
4 dazes
4 FoW
4 Phirexian dreadnougth
4 brainstorm
4 stifles
4 Ponder
//I supose to here we all are agree ritgh?
4 counterbalance
4 senseis// this is good 1º because is cantrip 2º help to c.balance engine 3º
//is colorless and can be played with wasteland
4 snares // one of the best counters in the format and fits in here sooo well
2 trickbind
2 predict // playing standstill we'll for sure loose to standstill decks
//the mana base is quite logical:
4 wastelands ( this is a must plus the package of stifles and trickbinds)
8 fetches
6 islands.
Explanations:
18 number of lands I think is the correct number and 4 of them must be wasteland.
playing 12 cantrips of 1 cost allows us to play only this number of lands, even 4 of these cantrip are colorless( we can keep a hand with non coloured mana and senseis, the rest of cards we will draw are ALL top deck)
about the counterbalance, in this deck is a house and a MUST you know why? simple because swords just wrecks us, you all boys have to agree with me at this point and here in this deck c.balance stop this issue.
Moreover we have the perfect puzle of stifle->E.Explosives,Perni and c.Balnce ->the rest of threats.
I decided to not to run more than one color because you know what card can fit in the side? the great Back to basics. but we can add tropical for those tarmos from side if you want.
Respect the number of fetches: I think the more we have the better the deck will work because of suffle effects and balance engine.
Respect the 2 lonely predict : I find this card the best one that can provide us card advantage( of course if we do not have fish memory...) in a 18 lands build with 12 cantrips that allow us to see the following cards.
Well the cards that can be in the side could be:
3-4 propaganda // I think this is the best option versus agro because they
//won't have too many lands and our boy phyrexian is too big
3-4 tormods //
3-4 threads of disloyalty // I have a phyrexian, you have a tarmo, I have too
//a tarmo
3-4 back to basics // this card is sodomizing
3-4 chill
3-4 pithing nedle // helps vs gobbos in conjunction with Chill
3-4 mind harness
0-2 trickbind // Why not ?
4 dodecapod // I think our worst match up could be decks like Eva Green or
//Deadguy Ale
2-3 energy flux
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
@ Pelikanudo:
most decks do not run ponder, and as we have been trying to establish if there is no standstill or manlands then you are not talking about dreadstill anymore, you are talking about the dreaded fish.
@all
I also disagree with the idea of late game being the enemy of the deck. I think this may be the reason that many people are suggesting lists without standstill. I have gone late into games and still won them.I think many people miss the point that this deck can go either way, balls to the walls dreadnought combo or landstill like approach into the late game.
Another thing that helps the deck out in the late game in the fact that it can essentially win in two turns so if you start to fall behind you can drop a nought and do the "oops i win" thing.
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
has anyone else been having problems against aggro loam? what are some options against this deck?
they keep on getting me post side with the Kgrips and EE. I am thinking That i might have to put back to basics in side for it, is that still a viable options. opinions wanted
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
Has anyone got around to trying out this build? It looks like it has a crapton of potential.
I'm still working on tracking down the Vision Charms and the additional Underground Seas to try it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Illissius
How about a build with Vision Charm and Tombstalker? Two fetchlands and a Charm makes for a Tombstalker on turn two. A 5/5 flyer isn't a 12/12 trampler, but it ain't shabby, either.
Something like this:
4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
4 Tombstalker
4 Stifle
4 Vision Charm
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
4 Daze
4 Force of Will
4 Thoughtseize
4 Snuff Out
4 Wasteland
4 Polluted Delta
4 Flooded Strand
2 Bloodstained Mire
3 Underground Sea
2 Island
1 Swamp
Now this build is a whole lot more aggressive and less controllish than builds with Standstills and Countertop; it's closer to something like Eva Green. This is intentional.
I mean Stalker is strong as it's rather easy to cast Stalker without Vision Charm with all the other fast ways to fill the yard. But if you have Vision Charms to spare and no Dreadnoughts in sight. All three of Vision Charm's abilities have fantastic synergy with both Stalker and Dreadnought. It's easy to fill the yard, so if your problem is lack of black sources, the third ability of Vision Charm comes in very handy too.
Vision Charm/phasing is a much cooler way to cast Dreadnought than Trickbind. By phasing it out in response to the sac trigger, you protect it from all removal/bounce till your next turn when it loses it's summoning sickness. Essentially it has built in immunity to all sorcery speed removal including wrath effects. And since when it phases back, all your land is untapped, you are better equipped to protect the card as well whether you do so by running counterspells, or because you can utilize counterbalance, or just because you had one more draw..
And I love the fact that you can phase out Dreadnought in response to StP or Oblivion Ring or any other removal or bounce spell to protect it.
Illiuis, you could honestly develop the list more and start a new thread. I would love to see it.
I've always felt that Tombstalker is a far more resilient and all around better threat than Goyf in the current meta. The reason for this is here. There are atleast 14 extremely commonly played spells that Goyf is poor versus that Tombstalker outright ignores and pretty much none that go the otherway around.
You could honestly replace Wasteland with Factories and replace some Ponder and a Daze with Standstill and end up with a very Dreadstill like deck.
Because lets face it, Standstill is an incredibly powerful card.
I think Factories work really well since they serve as 3/3 blockers when needed, to deter Mongooses and such. And Standstill is clearly a very strong card combined with overpowered threats like Stalker or Dreadnought.
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Clark Kant
Has anyone got around to trying out this build? It looks like it has a crapton of potential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Illissius
4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
4 Tombstalker
4 Stifle
4 Vision Charm
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
4 Daze
4 Force of Will
4 Thoughtseize
4 Snuff Out
4 Wasteland
4 Polluted Delta
4 Flooded Strand
2 Bloodstained Mire
3 Underground Sea
2 Island
1 Swamp
I really like this list and will try it out, but i must say i agree that without Standstill it belongs in another thread.
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
I took Dreadstill to the legacy 1K event in Syracuse NY this weekend going 5-1-1 after 7 rounds of swiss. I ended up coming short in the t8 to Dave Geartheart playing ITF which I honestly have never really encountered at all up until that point. In the end Dave took me down in three close games.
My list
/ Lands
3 [ON] Polluted Delta
3 [ON] Flooded Strand
3 [REW] Wasteland
4 [AQ] Mishra's Factory (3)
6 [BD] Island (3)
2 [U] Volcanic Island
// Creatures
4 [MI] Phyrexian Dreadnought
3 [FD] Trinket Mage
// Spells
4 [5E] Brainstorm
4 [NE] Daze
4 [AL] Force of Will
4 [SC] Stifle
3 [CS] Counterbalance
2 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
4 [OD] Standstill
2 [TSP] Trickbind
2 [FD] Engineered Explosives
3 [DIS] Spell Snare
// Sideboard
SB: 2 [SOK] Pithing Needle
SB: 2 [DK] Tormod's Crypt
SB: 3 [R] Blue Elemental Blast
SB: 3 [A] Red Elemental Blast
SB: 2 [7E] Pyroclasm
SB: 3 [DS] Echoing Truth
Round 1: Ichorid(Loss) 0-1-0
Round 2: Mono U Dreadnought(Win) 1-1-0
Round 3: Threshold(Win) 2-1-0
Round 4: Threshold(Win) 3-1-0
Round 5: Threshold(Win) 4-1-0
Round 6: Eva Green(Win) 5-1-0
Round 7: Threshold(ID) 5-1-1
T8: ITF(Loss 5-2-1)
Reasons for lack of detail being I didn't write anything down I just remember what my matchups were. And oh yeah, apparently the Threshold matchup is alot better then I had mentioned before, like it's very good. A shame my Pyroclasms grew dust on them all day =(. It was a great turnout and I enjoyed meeting all the cool sourcer there.
Props:
-Nightmare and Caddishack for letting me and my team crash at your houses. Thanks a ton.
-Everyone who T8'd
-Zach for buying Tom free food =P
-Dreadstill for performing extremely well for me
-Mountain Dew, for kicking ass
Slops:
-Lack of space for anyone to move at the tourny
-Tom for trading away his entire dual collection w/ fetchies! WTFZ
-Gas prices
-The guy who stole Roob's Sui-black deck before we left for NY. How lame.
-Whoever snored incredible loud I swear my eardrums were bleeding!
-Oh, and I believe while on my ride home I may have discovered some fairly great tech, but more testing needs to be done before I find it worth the time or not.
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
Gratz on your top 8 out of 68 players. At least the deck worked for somebody, lolz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Roodmistah
The guy who stole Roob's Sui-black deck before we left for NY. How lame.
True dat. Someone's neck will get snapped for that, I promise.:mad:
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
I can barely believe one of you guys managed to pull it off again. Congrats.
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
Quote:
Originally Posted by
bocci
I can barely believe one of you guys managed to pull it off again. Congrats.
It's what he does. Me and Lonelybaritone even bet on it.... I got a free dinner. :cool:
=====================
Also Rodney, what are "Eyedrums"?
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
Quote:
Originally Posted by
bocci
I can barely believe one of you guys managed to pull it off again. Congrats.
Thanks it wasn't easy after getting swept my first round :S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
J.V.
It's what he does. Me and Lonelybaritone even bet on it.... I got a free dinner. :cool:
=====================
Also Rodney, what are "Eyedrums"?
Yeah that was the most satisfying dinner you ever ate before probally, lol. I fixed it to Eardrums* was tired when I typed the report.
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
Dude, it was better as Eyedrums, don't lie to yourself.
It should read- "Whoever snore so loud my eyedrums started to gush blood."
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
Just thought I'd post the results of a few more recent tournaments:
Hassloch, Germany 7th out of 36
Piacenza, Italy 2nd out of 57
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
So what is your thought on Chrome Mox (in a Ub version also running Confidants) ? Can the deck support the card disadvantage ? Because it would make for some pretty good openings: First turn Counterbalance, first turn Confidant (or Standstill - not so hot, but still CA). And of course first turn Nought - I think this could help you out-tempo some of the more commonly played problem cards for the Nought, like
on the play
Chalice
Trinisphere
Krosan Grip
on the draw
Counterbalance
Pernicious Deed
and others. Thoughts ?
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
I really like this deck, and I want to make it for play, but I have a question.
Againts what pairings do you sideboard Echoing Truth and Gilded Drake ?
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
Quote:
Originally Posted by
kiwi
I really like this deck, and I want to make it for play, but I have a question.
Againts what pairings do you sideboard Echoing Truth and Gilded Drake ?
Forget Gildet Drake ....
Echoing Truth is against LS... Soldiertoken & bouncing Humility.
vs Dragon Stompy, bouncing Chalice/Trinisphere/Bloodmoon usw
vs Ichorid, bouncing multible ichorids or Token
vs TES/Belcher also bounce Token or Xantid Shwarm ...
its a long list where you need some removal to handle some threads.
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
I've been testing Rodney's UR list and have come up with this change:
-3 Spell Snare
+3 Counterspell
One of the big problems I have had with this deck is playing an early Still against a nonThresh deck. The opponent just waits around for a bunch of turns, maybe takes a few Factory hits and then plays a bunch of threats, and if it isn't Thresh, many of those threats are going to be not 2 drops, and can be high impact cards (Trygon Predator or Blood Moon). This leaves you with having to Force your way through it all, and Forcing 2 spells after they break Still pretty much takes back the advantage Still gave you. But having an extra catch all counter, like Counterspell, really improves this situation and reduces the card disadvantage one must suffer to FoW.
It has also generally been the case for me that 4 Daze and 4 Force of Will is plenty to counter early 2 drops and get you to a point were Counterspell is just as good as Spell Snare, except more versatile. I have found the ability to be able to hit not 2cc removal without having CB down to be key. In some recent testing against The Rock I was 0-5 preboard before I made this change. After adding Counterspells, I went something like 4-3. Another 3 answers to Putrefy/Vindicate/Swords really helps.
Most importantly, I feel like the match up where Spell Snare shines most, Threshold, is already pretty good, and Counterspell is much better against more difficult match ups and having more then 1 counterspell in the deck that hits Orim's Chant is definitely a good thing.
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
I'm glad you bring up those changes bocci as I have actually tested those changes and to be honest with you, it's not bad at all. Counterspell over Snare is damn solid, the only thing that held me back was the seven colorless mana we run main but hell if it works for you then go with it.
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Roodmistah
I'm glad you bring up those changes bocci as I have actually tested those changes and to be honest with you, it's not bad at all. Counterspell over Snare is damn solid, the only thing that held me back was the seven colorless mana we run main but hell if it works for you then go with it.
If UU is an issue, There's always Mana Leak.
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
Spell Snare shines against Survival most. But I don't think that adding Counterspell over Spell Snare is a huge deal in either of those matchups. I can see how it would work in a Ur build though.
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
So, I've been reading a lot of this thread recently and tinkering aroung with a list. I couldn't decide between green or white, so I chose not to choose and run both. So far, I haven't had color issues, just be causious about when you pull the duals.
I played this deck in the magic-league trial on monday:
Lands: 20
3 [ON] Polluted Delta
3 [ON] Flooded Strand
3 [TE] Wasteland
3 [UNH] Island
2 [B] Tropical Island
2 [B] Tundra
1 [AQ] Mishra's Factory (1)
1 [AQ] Mishra's Factory (2)
1 [AQ] Mishra's Factory (3)
1 [AQ] Mishra's Factory (4)
Creatures: 8
3 [FUT] Tarmogoyf
3 [FD] Trinket Mage
2 [MI] Phyrexian Dreadnought
Instant: 18
4 [AL] Force of Will
4 [SC] Stifle
4 [FNM] Brainstorm
3 [NE] Daze
2 [DIS] Spell Snare
1 [TSP] Trickbind
Artifact: 4
2 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
1 [SOK] Pithing Needle
1 [FD] Engineered Explosives
Enchantment: 9
4 [OD] Standstill
3 [CS] Counterbalance
2 [LRW] Oblivion Ring
Sideboard: 15
SB: 3 [TSP] Krosan Grip
SB: 2 [TE] Chill
SB: 3 [PS] Meddling Mage
SB: 3 [DK] Tormod's Crypt
SB: 4 [US] Annul
Now, for those of you who are good at math, you will notice there are only 59 cards in the main deck. I originally had 3 Swords to Plowshares in there, but I took them out and put in 2 oblivion rings and forgot to put a 60th card in there. I realized that after the 3rd round and told the tc. He told me to add a basic land and I would get a game loss in the following round. In the 4th round I kept a 1 land hand on the draw with a top. I figured that being able to see 4 cards before my 2nd land drop would be sufficient to dig up a 2nd land, it wasn't. With 1 land, I countered 4 of his spells (with FoW, 2x Daze, Spell Snare) and got him into topdeck mode. I finally got a 2nd land on like turn 5. He then dropped Wasteland and then Sinkholed (his 3rd of the game!) the other. He was playing some GB deck with discard, LD, and some annoying critters, at least as far as I could see. Im confident that I would have been able to beat him had I not gotten the game loss.
Anyway, I think that 4 Dreadnoughts is a bit too much, though sometimes 2 isn't enough (the 3rd was the card I never added). It lets me use my stifle effects more proactively and not worry so much about having dead cards later.
Tarmogoyfs have been very effecient beaters, I have won more games with them than with Dreadnought. I think that is mostly due to the fact that I use the Stifles fairly liberally so I'm usually digging for one to get my Dreadnought in play. I am thinking a 2nd Trickbind is in order.
A quick note on my view of card numbers:
4 of means you want to see it early, often, and in multiples. Having 2 in your opening hand isn't bad.
3 of means that you want to see one pretty early and maybe another a little later, but you don't want you hand clogged with them.
2 of is a card that you want to see 1 of by mid or late game, but rarely do you want to see more than one of them.
1 of's are cards that are highly situational and are generally tutor targets/silver bullets.
That being said, running multiple tutors for a card type will then shift all of the cards of that type up one step (2 if they are the primary targets of the tutor).
I am really intrigued by the Elightened Tutor path. With Counterbalance out, it becomes a counterspell + draw fixer. Also, it allows for enchantment tutoring so you could maybe cut down on the numbers of some of the enchantments and tutor for threads easily. also, it allows you to play like a singletonCrucible of Worlds and tutor up the all important 3cc spells for Counterbalance.
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
Your decklist is very similiar to the decks that recently won a fairly large tournament over in Europe, TarmoDreadstill(maybe a few cards dif). I've been advocating for a while now that a 2nd EE in the main I think is alot stronger then Needle in the maindeck. And for the last slot I think it should definetally be the 3rd Dreadnought, as he tends to just end games rediculously fast and having two you will not see him very much.
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
i agree, needle has been cute, but not very effective. i rarely tutor for it. do you still think that mage is superior to enlightened tutor? i understand the roll that he fills as a tutor and a beater and if needed a pitch to FoW, but it just seems so painful to tap out to play him. i started working on a tutor deck list and in my initial testing, even though i put in a 21st land (plains) i seem to have a really hard time getting hands with 2-3 lands (granted, this is the mws shuffler). i either get 1 or like 5, neither of which are a really good choice.
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Ch0z3n
i agree, needle has been cute, but not very effective. i rarely tutor for it. do you still think that mage is superior to enlightened tutor? i understand the roll that he fills as a tutor and a beater and if needed a pitch to FoW, but it just seems so painful to tap out to play him. i started working on a tutor deck list and in my initial testing, even though i put in a 21st land (plains) i seem to have a really hard time getting hands with 2-3 lands (granted, this is the mws shuffler). i either get 1 or like 5, neither of which are a really good choice.
Mage is most definetally a great spot in the deck as he essentially is a beater, pitcher, and tutor as you said. Enlightened Tutor I personally have never really been too fond of, but people have put up results with it before. I don't like how it's card disadvantage mostly but it can be alright in the right deck. Something to start thinking about with E-tutor
1x O-ring
1x Shackles
1x Tormod's Crypt
Also, you can run 3 tops maindeck as oposed to two, it helps to dig for your missing lands alot easier if you only have a 1-lander.
-
Re: [DTW] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
in a Ugw deck, what is your view on meddling mages? there dont seem to be a whole lot of decks i side them in against (though it could just be i dont have the experience with the deck). i mean in the mirror, if they arent running green ill put them on dreadnoughts, against landstill i usually put them on humility. but i usually dont want to cut off my own kgrips.
crucible of worlds: im kinda iffy on it. it could in certain situations be game breaking, but usually seems to just be a clunky 'win more' card. it seems like it deserves a singleton sb slot vs some decks, but my sideboard is kinda full already. maybe ill take your advice and move a tormod's crypt main and put that in its place.
-
Re: [DTB] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
Is Trinket Mage so important as a beater that you couldn't run Dizzy Spell for it? For the same cost, you could fetch EITHER Nought or Stifle, as well as Top, Brainstorm, Needle, Extirpate etc. Not Explosives and Crypt though...
-
Re: [DTB] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
i think you would use the trinket mages over dizzy spell. the only argument against the mages is that they cost 3, and dizzy spell doesnt change that. although, it would be kinda cute to hard cast dizzy spell on one of their dudes then steal it with shackles.
ive been toying around with a list with enlightened tutors. ill post it when i get off work to see what yall think.
-
Re: [DTB] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
A build with maindecked B2B to hose down decks like ITF and Landstill.
// Lands
1 [U] Volcanic Island
4 [4E] Mishra's Factory
3 [ON] Flooded Strand
3 [ON] Polluted Delta
9 [BD] Island (2)
// Creatures
3 [FD] Trinket Mage
4 [MI] Phyrexian Dreadnought
// Spells
4 [OD] Standstill
1 [TSP] Trickbind
3 [US] Back to Basics
3 [DIS] Spell Snare
2 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
3 [CS] Counterbalance
1 [FD] Engineered Explosives
4 [AL] Force of Will
4 [FNM] Brainstorm
4 [NE] Daze
4 [SC] Stifle
// Sideboard
SB: 1 [FD] Engineered Explosives
SB: 3 [DS] Echoing Truth
SB: 4 [B] Blue Elemental Blast
SB: 2 [SOK] Pithing Needle
SB: 3 [TSB] Tormod's Crypt
SB: 2 [7E] Pyroclasm
This build is just in testing right now but I think it can be pretty good considering there's a bunch of Threshold/Landstill and such in my meta.
-
Re: [DTB] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
you dont think that you are unnecessarily aggravating match-ups that arent reliant on non-basic lands by running b2b main? maybe if you used some kind of draw that let you pitch them in match-ups they arent needed? i guess its the same reason i dont like running things like kgrip main. i just hate drawing dead cards ;/
-
Re: [DTB] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
True...I tried B2B main, but it's a bit too narrow. Decks that it's not hot against include the Stompy decks, Stax, Goblins, Combo (ok, not much worry about that one), Ichorid, and decks that play more than one basic land in general. It has SOME effect there, but is exactly backbreaking.
-
Re: [DTB] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
i felt so ashamed. i lost to a lich deck in testing. granted, i didnt know what was going on game 1 and i never made my third land drop game 3 for my o-ring and 2x kgrips in hand and i couldnt get a stifle effect for his academy rector leave play.
-
Re: [DTB] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Ch0z3n
i felt so ashamed. i lost to a lich deck in testing. granted, i didnt know what was going on game 1 and i never made my third land drop game 3 for my o-ring and 2x kgrips in hand and i couldnt get a stifle effect for his academy rector leave play.
Cavius is well known for designing the most BROKEN decks ever like Nourishing Lich. You had lost before you even played him sadly as it is that broke >;(. It wasn't in the DTB forum for 4 years for nothing you know! /endsarcasm
-
Re: [DTB] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
Cavius didn't even create it, some dude from Germany did, lol.
-
Re: [DTB] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
Mainboard
4 Mishra's Factory
3 Underground Sea
3 Flooded Strand
3 Polluted Delta
3 Island
1 Swamp
3 Wasteland
4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
4 Dark Confidant
3 Trinked Mage
4 Stifle
4 Brainstorm
4 Force of Will
4 Thoughtseize
3 Standstill
3 Daze
2 Trickbind
2 Counterbalance
2 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Engineered Explosives
Sideboard
4 Engineered Plague
3 Echoing Truth
3 Extirpate
1 Pithing Needle
4 Threads of Disloyalty / BEB / Tormods Crypt
Any thoughts for a black list?
-
Re: [DTB] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
That list is pretty tight Chaos, the only thing that finds me untriguing is your minimal number of Counterbalance. That card is broken as hell I couldn't ever see someone going below 3 of those.
-
Re: [DTB] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
Yes, the third CB is card nr°61 or i cut one Confidant or Thoughtseize.
But Confidant is so strong in this build, also Thoughtseize. Take your opponents removal, counter or winoption.
But as you said the deck is really tight and theres not much space to waste.
-
Re: [DTB] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
4 engineered plague in the sb? my sideboard is always very crowded, are they really that good for you?
-
Re: [DTB] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Ch0z3n
4 engineered plague in the sb? my sideboard is always very crowded, are they really that good for you?
What else would you play in a UB build? Sure you could play 3 or no Plague if theres no Goblin / Sliver / Elfes! in your meta.
Over here in Germany the tournaments are ~50-70 people so that you always have to face some of theese decks in the first two rounds.
Other SB-choices are: EE, BtB, Smother, Chill, Mind Harness ...
-
Re: [DTB] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist
thats not fair =( lets switch. the only legacy tourneys around here are ~10 people once a month and it is more than an hour away.