Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
Quote:
Originally Posted by
SilverGreen
Nice! Now, if we get a blue Giant Growth and a blue Tarmogoyf, we may make MtG a color short! :tongue:
Fast Thinking :u:
Instant (C)
Search your library for an instant blue card with converted mana cost 1 or less, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Bah-roken in vintage with ancestral recall around.
Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
Quote:
Originally Posted by
SilverGreen
Fast Thinking :u:
Instant (C)
Search your library for an instant blue card with converted mana cost 1 or less, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
I think I just heard David Gearhart cream his pants.
Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
Homogeneity :w::w:
Creature - Incarnation
All creatures lose all creature types.
2/2
Fuck you, Tribal.
Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
@Hanni: I think it would be a fine creature if it looked like this:
Phyrexian Priest :b::b::b:
Creature - Horror
Protection from white and green
3/4
Still immune to StP/PtE, Goyf and Bolt-resistant and a nice butt, but nothing more.
Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Nydaeli
Homogeneity :w::w:
Creature - Incarnation
All creatures lose all creature types.
2/2
Fuck you, Tribal.
So Goblins start running Tarfire, Merfolk maindeck their favorite bounce spell.
Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Barook
@Hanni: I think it would be a fine creature if it looked like this:
Phyrexian Priest :b::b::b:
Creature - Horror
Protection from white and green
3/4
Still immune to StP/PtE, Goyf and Bolt-resistant and a nice butt, but nothing more.
Doubt that creature would actuallt get a 4 in toughtness but rather a 3/3 and 1 more abillity. Reg, lifelink and/or vigilance would be cool. Comparing it a bit to Great Sable Stag.
Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
I yust want to have a good Phyrexian for Legacy damn it :P
I yust took the 3/4 for 3 from the phyrexian war beast/iron foot.
BBB is one of the most evil/busted/memorable csting costs.
pro white/pro green keeps it in the collor hoser department.
the deathtouch was a misstype.
The last abbility is busted i know, how about
When comes into play draw a card and loose 1 life.
Keeps it in the Phyrexian rager/gargantua/arena and yawgmoth's bargain department.
then we have:
Phyrexian Priest BBB
Creature - Horror Minion
Protection from white and from green
When comes into play draw a card and loose 1 life
3/4
Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Elfrago
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGreen
Nice! Now, if we get a blue Giant Growth and a blue Tarmogoyf, we may make MtG a color short!
Fast Thinking
Instant (C)
Search your library for an instant blue card with converted mana cost 1 or less, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Bah-roken in vintage with ancestral recall around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver
I think I just heard David Gearhart cream his pants.
Oh, let me have my irrational dreamer moment too...
Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
Smothering Ash
1B
Instant
Destroy target creature with converted mana cost 2 or less.
Flashback 3R
Knowledge's Price
1UB
Instant
Target player sacrifices a creature. Draw a card.
Furnace of War
WR
Instant
Deal 5 damage divided as you choose among any number of attacking creatures
Harmonic Forgetfulness
WG
Instant - Split Second
Choose a number. Shuffle all artifacts, enchantments, and Planeswalkers of that converted casting cost into their owner's libraries.
Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
Quote:
Harmonic Forgetfulness
WG
Instant - Split Second
Choose a number. Shuffle all artifacts, enchantments, and Planeswalkers of that converted casting cost into their owner's libraries.
Holy mother of... really?
Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Hanni
Holy mother of... really?
I can dream...
Realistically, it should be
1WG
Instant (no split second)
" "
But hey, if we're making overpowered cards, what's a mana here or there (or split second).
Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
If it was a single target, I'd say awesome. Right now though, you've basically got Krosan Grip, cut it down a cc, made it more restrictive by requiring white, have given it the ability to also hit Planeswalkers... but it can remove multiple permanents. I'd say simply adding the word "target" would make it fair enough to see print, albeit very good.
Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Hanni
If it was a single target, I'd say awesome. Right now though, you've basically got Krosan Grip, cut it down a cc, made it more restrictive by requiring white, have given it the ability to also hit Planeswalkers... but it can remove multiple permanents. I'd say simply adding the word "target" would make it fair enough to see print, albeit very good.
A card extremely similar to what you are describing exists (albeit in RW). Sadly, Hide//Seek sees no current play. I think I wanted to overpower that card to give it a home, forgetting that the ability to eat Planeswalkers is already fairly powerful.
Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
Flame Rift is already playable in Burn...this seems just a bit too good compared to existing cards as an Instant with no drawbacks. It's very likely that this card would only see play in Zoo and Burn, and they are fully capable of getting to RR.
Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Goblin Snowman
Flame Rift is already playable in Burn...this seems just a bit too good compared to existing cards as an Instant with no drawbacks. It's very likely that this card would only see play in Zoo and Burn, and they are fully capable of getting to RR.
I was thinking of a 4 cc burn spell that can compete with creature power creep, i.e., something that can kill a Goyf early on without a card disadvantage. To bolts to kill a 3/4 is crazy. Double red makes it non-splashable.
Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
I like that burn spell, and by no way do I think it's overpowered. It may be better than currently printed cards like Flame Rift, but all it's doing is taking a spell like Incinerate, which is clearly worse than Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, and Rift Bolt... and makes a 2cc burn spell that's actually good.
RR makes it restrictive enough to not be splashable, so it sticks to red based decks like Burn and Sligh, and most Zoo decks these days are so heavy in green and white, that it would require a little adjustment for them to adequately support it.
If it were to need dumbed down, all that would be required would be turning it from an Instant to a Sorcery. Great idea, MMogg, I really like it.
Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Hanni
I like that burn spell, and by no way do I think it's overpowered. It may be better than currently printed cards like Flame Rift, but all it's doing is taking a spell like Incinerate, which is clearly worse than Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, and Rift Bolt... and makes a 2cc burn spell that's actually good.
RR makes it restrictive enough to not be splashable, so it sticks to red based decks like Burn and Sligh, and most Zoo decks these days are so heavy in green and white, that it would require a little adjustment for them to adequately support it.
If it were to need dumbed down, all that would be required would be turning it from an Instant to a Sorcery. Great idea, MMogg, I really like it.
Thanks. :smile:
I felt making it a sorcery would punt it to tier 2 or unplayable. I think it's kind of crazy that the best burn spells were printed in Alpha and Legends. Surely we red mages deserve an upgrade in the power creep of burn to make our aggro strategies viable against huge green beatsticks.
Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
Quote:
Originally Posted by
MMogg
I can't see pictures hosted at Photobucked and the like here, could you post the card's text?
Re: Cards you'd like to see WotC print for Eternal reasons
Quote:
Originally Posted by
SilverGreen
I can't see pictures hosted at Photobucked and the like here, could you post the card's text?
Sure!
Kiss of Lightning :r::r:
Instant
Kiss of Lightning deals 4 damage to target creature or player.
So, pretty much a 4 dmg Lightning Bolt for an extra :r:.