Originally Posted by
JPettie
I would most likely suggest taking out Flame Rift, at least when you sideboard against them. They are an aggro deck as well in some aspects and being able to turn their tide by hitting yourself for 4 can be really bad. I know some people may suggest Searing Blaze, but against the BUG variant, it will only be hitting the 4 of Delvers. If you are replacing your storm hate, I would suggest thinking about your graveyard hate suite, because currently you do not have any. Something like Tormod's Crypt can be very good against Dredge/Reanimator, and it can also come in against BUG as a 1-2 of, to keep their Nimble/Gofys smaller. Bridges are also a big part of this match up, but if they run Abrupt, which they can, it can make it pretty lackluster but at the same time, it is still relevant. If I take your current mainboard and fake a sideboard, I can give you an idea of a sideboarding plan below:
-4 Flame Rift
-3 Sulfuric Vortex
+2 Ensnaring Bridge
+2 Tormod's Crypt
+3 Pyroblast
I would only agree to remove storm hate if your meta has no storm players, I find that match up to be very rough for burn. I have a positive record overall against storm with my deck and most of the time winning against them did not require a Mindbreak Trap because they usually go on the discard plan Game 2/3 anyway and are slower out of the gate. Although I still find it to be a very significant thing to have around, when it does work, it is a blow out against them.