Lets see how well resbumitting the best non-banned deck from last week works
1. Asthereal (TO): Plains, Plains, Caravan Escort, Kami of Ancient Law
It seems I've been metagamed against. LL
0-6
2. GoblinSmashmaster: Mountain, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Ferocious Tigorilla
I did not know this tiger ape existed. I'm assuming you'd always choose Menace over Trample to force me to block with both creatures.
OTP:
my turn 1: play Ornithopter and cocoon it to start building a high toughness blocker
your turn 1: Tigorilla
my turn 2: ornithopter grows (1/3), play Scout.
your turn 2: attack for 4. me: 16, you: 20
my turn 3: ornithopter grows (2/4)
your turn 3: attack for 4. me: 12, you: 20
my turn 4: ornithopter grows (3/4)
your turn 4: you no longer have a profitable attack as I can double block while only losing 1 creature. W
OTD: I will still grow ornithopter too big too quickly. W
6-0
3. Reeplcheep: Swamp, Myr Servitor, Myr Servitor, Carrion Feeder
Welcome! this is quite an entry. Your team's growing ability is far beyond mine, and I don't see how I can race with a flyer if I decide to stop growing. LL
0-6
4. Wrath of Pie: Mountain, Raze, Forked Bolt, Ghitu Lavarunner
Forked Bolt means I need to plan to grow Scout instead of Ornithopter. Raze may not give me a chance to do so.
OTP:
my turn 1: I play out both creatures and pass.
your turn 1: play Lavarunner now so that Raze is online
my turn 2: enchant Scout. Scout will quickly grow big enough to prevent lavarunner from attacking, and you can't stop it. W
OTD:
your turn 1: play Lavarunner now so that Raze is online
my turn 1: play both creatures
your turn 2: play Raze so I can never Cocoon. I now can play no more spells, but you also can't attack profitable since Ornithopter soaks it all up. D
4-1
5. alphastryk: Forest, Gladecover Scout, Ornithopter, Primal Cocoon
me, shamelessly copying this deck
6. H: Island, Island, Force Spike, Drifter il-Dal
OTP I can land Ornithopter and suit it up with Cocoon before you have Force Spike online, so it will come down to a race.
my turn 1: Play ornithopter and Cocoon
your turn 1: either play Drifter or leave up Force Spike. I think leaving up Force Spike makes a bigger racing difference, will revisit. Island, go.
my turn 2: Ornithopter grows (1/3). bout and Force Spike cancel out so ignoring them from here.
your turn 2: second Island, Drifter.
my turn 3: Ornithopter grows (2/4). Since we now have the same amount of power and I get to attack first, I win the race from here.
If we go back and you instead play Drifter a turn earlier and ignore Force Spike, you get to attack first but I'm attacking for 3, which is till in my favor. W
OTD I cannot resolve Cocoon through Force Spike and Scout doesn't race Drifter. L
3-3
7. maxx!: Mountain, Forest, Raze, Scythe Tiger
Interesting deck with the throwaway Raze land.
OTP:
my turn 1: I play Ornithopter and suit it up with Cocoon
your turn 1: I think Raze to stop Scout is better than playing out the Tiger in terms of racing, will revisit. Mountain, Raze.
my turn 2: Ornithopter grows (1/3)
your turn 2: Forest, Tiger.
my turn 3: Ornithopter grows (2/4) I can now profitably block the Tiger so you no longer have good attacks. W
OTD:
your turn 1: Forest into Tiger
my turn 1: I play Ornithopter and suit it up with Cocoon
your turn 2: Mountain, Raze. Attack for 3. me: 17, you: 20
my turn 2: Ornithopter grows (1/3)
your turn 3: attack for 3. me: 14, you: 20
my turn 3: Ornithopter grows (2/4). I can now profitably block the Tiger so you no longer have good attacks. W
6-0
8. FTW: Forest, Forest, Scythe Tiger, Scythe Tiger
A good old fashioned race.
OTP:
my turn 1: Play Ornithopter and suit it up
your turn 1: first Tiger.
my turn 2: Ornithopter grows (1/3)
your turn 2: second Tiger, attack for 3. me: 17, you: 20
my turn 2: Ornithopter grows (2/4), play Scout
your turn 3: you no longer have profitable attacks as Ornithopter eats a Tiger without dying. You might be able to force a draw by attacking here though since you have 2 Tigers. Lets give that a shot. attack for 6, I block 1 Tiger with Ornithopter (stops growing). me: 14, you: 20
my turn 4: Ornithopter stays back to block, attack with Scout. me: 14, you: 19
your turn 4: Begin the staring contest - if I ever attack with Ornithopter I los.e the race even if Scout attacks every turn as well. D
OTD should be basically the same result just a turn later. That one turn isn't enough. D
2-2
9. Tylert: Radiant Fountain, Myr Servitor, Myr Servitor, Myr Servitor
The week of Myr Servitor I see. This seems like it is not in my favor, but will run through the math
OTP:
my turn 1: I play out Ornithopter and suit it up with Cocoon.
your turn 1: land, Servitor. me: 20, you: 22
my turn 2: Ornithopter grows (1/3), play Scout
your turn 2: Servitor number 2, attack with old Servitor since you always get them all back. I can't see that it matters when I trade Scout with a Servitor, so I'll do it now to simplify.
my turn 3: Ornithopter grows (2/4). I'm going to wait until I have at least 3 power to match your eventual 3 power before I start attacking.
your turn 3: get back 2nd Servitor, play 3rd Servitor. Attack for 1. me: 19, you: 22
my turn 4: Ornithopter grows (3/5). If I start attacking now, I lose the race. Lets see what happens if I wait a bit longer instead.
your turn 4: attack for 3. me: 16, you: 22
my turn 5: Ornithopter grows (4/6). If I attack now I kill in 6 attacks, and it takes you 6 attacks to kill me, meaning I win the race. W
OTD:
your turn 1: land, Servitor. me: 20, you: 22
my turn 1: Ornithopter, Cocoon.
your turn 2: 2nd Servitor, attack. me: 19, you: 22
my turn 2: Ornithopter grows (1/3). Play Scout.
your turn 3: 3rd Servitor, attack with 2 older Servitors. The more I think about it I may want to keep Scout to race with, so I don't block yet. me: 17, you: 22
my turn 3: Ornithopter grows (2/4)
your turn 4: attack with 3 Servitors. me: 14, you: 22
my turn 4: Ornithopter grows (3/5), attack with Scout. me: 14, you: 21
your turn 5: attack for 3. me: 11, you: 21
my turn 5: Ornithopter grows (4/6). Don't win the race yet, so keep attacking with just Scout. me: 11, you: 20.
your turn 6: attack for 3. me: 8, you: 20
my turn 6: Ornithopter grows (5/7). I still don't win the race yet, so attack with just Scout. me: 8, you: 19
your turn 7: attack for 3. me: 5, you: 19.
my turn 7: Ornithopter grows (6/8). I still don't see a way for me to win this race. If I had blocked with Scout earlier I would have taken 2 less damage but dealt 3 less. Those are each worth 1 turn of racing so I don't think the choice matters. Will now leave up Scout for blocking purposes.
your turn 7: attack for 3. If I'm ever going to pull this out by blocking to slow your racing, now is the time. Block with both Scout and Ornithopter, take 1. me: 4, you: 19.
my turn 7: attack for 6. me: 4, you: 13.
your turn 8: get back 2 Servitors, attack with the older one. me: 3, you: 13. I still can't win this race. L
3-3
10. silkster: Seat of the Synod, Sea's Claim, Gearsmith Prodigy, Mana Chains
Sea's Claim stops Cocoon or Scout and Mana Chains removes Ornithopter. LL
0-6
Total: 24 points

