Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
https://i.redd.it/aldoengniem31.png
Looks like Persist combo has a GSZable enabler now.
Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Barook
Looks like Persist combo has a GSZable enabler now.
Another one, you mean, Melira, Sylvok Outcast already exists.
This new one is slower, but more useful outside the combo I guess though.
Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
Quote:
Originally Posted by
H
Another one, you mean,
Melira, Sylvok Outcast already exists.
This new one is slower, but more useful outside the combo I guess though.
Forgot about Melira.
Goblins can do the infinite combo without the Riot enchantment now, though, so that's a plus:
https://twitter.com/plaidclad/status...81236860182528
Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
Quote:
Originally Posted by
FourDogsinaHorseSuit
Yeah, but at that point you're trying to play with entirely the wrong Dreadnought.
Yeah, it‘s also way more fun to play the card that lets you Dance through the Manse, as no others in legacy can! :laugh:
The 2 mana 5/4 guy is likely much more relevant to Scheming Symmetry which is going to be the best combo finder standard has had in a while.
Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
From a translation so the actual text will be a little different
https://www.mtgnexus.com/img/cards/e...=2019-09-14-16
Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Scott
Whoa. Whoa. That can't be real. That's op af.
Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Pittplayer
Whoa. Whoa. That can't be real. That's op af.
I mean, ok. Burning Wish into Restore Balance, Damnation, Cataclysm, Fiery Confluence, etc. I want to build a B/Rw control deck off the back of this.
Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Pittplayer
I mean, ok. Burning Wish into Restore Balance, Damnation, Cataclysm, Fiery Confluence, etc. I want to build a B/Rw control deck off the back of this.
Aside from being red, more expensive, and coming with a lot of limitations, I'm not sure what advantages this has over As Foretold for that plan. The main thing this does is let you cast a "max mana" spell twice per turn, in effect doubling your mana. In that case you'd rather have it in some kind of tapout ramp deck.
Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
Quote:
Originally Posted by
morgan_coke
Aside from being red, more expensive, and coming with a lot of limitations, I'm not sure what advantages this has over As Foretold for that plan. The main thing this does is let you cast a "max mana" spell twice per turn, in effect doubling your mana. In that case you'd rather have it in some kind of tapout ramp deck.
Theory crafting but... Fires of Invention, Restore Balance, Crucible of Worlds, Greater Gargadon seems good. With Burning Wish and an assortment of board wipes and answers in the board.
Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
I too am skeptical about the red enchantment. In effect, it is a much much worse Omniscience. Sure, it's reasonably castable, quickly too. Different color. However, only two spells per turn, can only play spells on your turn, limited to the number of lands you have in play, which cancel out the quickly castable. I love bad/quirky combo decks. I'm trying hard to make Bolas' Citadel a thing. I don't see it here though. ANT, TES, Ruby Storm, Dragon Storm, those all seem like better avenues to cast Burning Wish.
Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
I don't see it with Fires of Invention, however I would like to see a brew with 20 manlands / ports and this so you can dedicate all your mana not to playing spells, but to beating your opponent down with lands like Raging Ravine or what not.
Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
Yeah I don't think the enchantment is that great.
It's like a weird combination of As Foretold and Wilderness Reclamation and I don't think it really offers anything that wouldn't be better suited to using either of those 2 cards.
Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
Quote:
Originally Posted by
bruizar
I don't see it with Fires of Invention, however I would like to see a brew with 20 manlands / ports and this so you can dedicate all your mana not to playing spells, but to beating your opponent down with lands like Raging Ravine or what not.
Yeah my first thought was that this frees up Mana for activated abilities so we need to figure out what activated abilities are worth it
Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
The wishboard is okay. Also seems okay for planeswalkers.
Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Humphrey
An even more awful Lion's Eye Diamond isn't worth it.
Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Final Fortune
An even more awful Lion's Eye Diamond isn't worth it.
ill replace seething song
Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Scott
This + the new ramp spell = access to 11 mana. (assuming you keep the 4 mana available from casting this card the turn before). Could be pretty interesting.
Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Humphrey
ill replace seething song
Not being able to wish into ETW seems like an issue though right
I think if you want to take advantage of this new ritual then the deck needs a pretty big overhaul
Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Humphrey
Modern charbelcher here we go!