Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Willow Satyr is one of those hardly used, but amazingly good in EDH cards people just never caught on to. I use it and he's pretty amazing in that format. It will go up on it's own just because of his general stealing ability.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
dahcmai
Why is Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed so much right now anyway? I know he's a favorite black EDH general, but $200 worth of coolness? He can't be that amazing in EDH. What am I missing with him? There some awesome combo with that guy or something?
Corpse Dance is the primary reason people want him for EDH. At least, that is the reason I built him as a General. His ability is strong, and Corpse Dance makes it almost amazing. I say almost because of his timing restriction.
Stupid Portal.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Sims
Demonic Tutor + XD is a combo, and in Mono black you can usually generate a shit ton off Coffers so you can recast him from the command zone a few times. He also lets you generate infinite and then kill a table with repeat Drain/Consume if your exsanguinate gets Praetor's grasp'd or otherwise RFG'd for instance.
He's just a massive swiss army knife in a properly built mono-black EDH deck as he is almost always useful. Hell I had gone beatdown with him a few times and rode Horsemanship FTW
XD is also very good with Profane Command.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
and wth with Retribution of the meek hitting 6+$ ? Maverick SB against Emrakul and friends or ?
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Sorry if this is asked in the wrong thread:
I have found a guy selling a Wheel of Fortune saying that its French and from Summer Magic. Was this edition printed in other languages than English? How can I tell that it's a true Summer Magic card and not a regular 4th edition or similar?
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
I don't think there's French summer. He probably meant French white bordered properly. Summer cards have a "1994" printed at the bottom of the card, which isn't present on normal revised versions.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
useL
Sorry if this is asked in the wrong thread:
I have found a guy selling a Wheel of Fortune saying that its French and from Summer Magic. Was this edition printed in other languages than English? How can I tell that it's a true Summer Magic card and not a regular 4th edition or similar?
- Summer Magic / Edgar is ONLY available in English
- There is no Wheel in 4th Edition (Wheel exists only in Alpha / Beta / Unlimited / Revised / Summer/ Collector's Edition and as Judge foil (with new art).
- Summer Magic cards have the Revised-Tap-Symbol (not "Tap" or the "arrow" but the T:)
- Next to the artist's name at the bottom you see "Illus. (c) 1994"
This is how a Summer Wheel would look like: link
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
sephorusFR
and wth with Retribution of the meek hitting 6+$ ? Maverick SB against Emrakul and friends or ?
Eh? I know it went up for a while, but I see it at around $1 mostly.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Richard Cheese
Eh? I know it went up for a while, but I see it at around $1 mostly.
Well : http://www.magiccardmarket.eu/Retrib...9.c1p8520.prod
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
sephorusFR
Maybe it's a European thing?
http://store.tcgplayer.com/products....on+of+the+Meek
Not a lot of copies available, but def. a couple playsets to be had for cheap. BIN prices on ebay look pretty high, but checking completed listings I see a ton of them going for cheap lately:
4x: 4.99 + 1.99 S&H
6x: 2.85 + 1.50 S&H
4x: 2.26 + 1.95 S&H
Again though, there aren't that many listings for it. I think it's just one of those cards that has had a bump in popularity, but not enough that people have gone and dug it out of their junk rare bins, so supply is artificially low.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Richard Cheese
Maybe it's a European thing?
Yes maybe
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Richard Cheese
Again though, there aren't that many listings for it. I think it's just one of those cards that has had a bump in popularity, but not enough that people have gone and dug it out of their junk rare bins, so supply is artificially low.
Make lot of sense too
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
You need to be careful with mcm-prices, as their is a lot of manipulation and hyping of prices going on, resulting in crapy cards rising up from 1€ to 10€ in one day with no cards sold at all. This is happening with 3-4 Cards a week, so be careful and compare prices
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Well, I get to make a whole lot of people eat some crow this week as the last card I thought would be a good investment out of Innistrad just shot up in price due to Chapin's use of it at Worlds. Olivia Voldaren was the only one I disagreed with Ben B over in his article also.
To be fair, I didn't expect Solar Flare to get quite as popular among the kids considering it's quite expensive to put together. That deck single-handed keeps Olivia from being playable with the Phantasmal Images. With that deck finally dropping I guess I should have seen it coming.
Well, hope you people took my advice and picked up a set way back when they were a buck, they are quickly selling out now.
In Legacy news, Foil Unearth is getting quite silly to get your hands on.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
On the Lotus front I just noticed that SCGs increased their lotus prices across the board. NM Alpha is up to 4k from 3k, Beta went from 2.5k to 3k and Unlimited went up a bit too. They don't even have any A/B in stock yet they increased the price. IMO this brings the up to current market prices. For a while there I felt they were selling A/B lotus below market price.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
SmallFish
They're not worth that much.
I would be shocked if it sold for anywhere close to that price.
They're still under 1k AFAIK.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
There are no bids on it and I doubt there will be any. People are so silly on ebay sometimes.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Goin Aggro
They're not worth that much.
I would be shocked if it sold for anywhere close to that price.
They're still under 1k AFAIK.
I was kidding :tongue:. It is the internet though, so it's hard to tell.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Grove of the Burnwillows is back down near $10. Now seems like a good time to pick them up with the next PTQ season being Modern, not to mention how good they are in Maverick decks in the current meta.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
264505
Grove of the Burnwillows is back down near $10. Now seems like a good time to pick them up with the next PTQ season being Modern, not to mention how good they are in Maverick decks in the current meta.
People think they will be banned in Modern, that's why the price has gone down.