Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Shilling refers to someone bidding up their own auctions to drive the price up. This works especially well if you're trying to set market trends, or you have a bunch of the card in question, or just want to sell yours at a higher price.
-Matt
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
What is a reasonable price-point for a Foil Korean Griselbrand. My friend was lucky enough to pull one, and we guestimated it at roughly $160.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Personally, I wouldn't pay more than 2.5-3x the English language equivalent. That puts my price on non-foil Korean Griselbrand at $30 and foil at $80-100
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Koby
Personally, I wouldn't pay more than 2.5-3x the English language equivalent. That puts my price on non-foil Korean Griselbrand at $30 and foil at $80-100
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
http://sales.starcitygames.com//sear...and+Tax&auto=Y
Most blatant price hike I've ever seen. Honestly I'm sick of this kind of shit.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
majikal
Honestly, if people are willing to pay those prices, we can't fault them for selling at what people are willing to pay, no?
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
majikal
It's pretty lame. Quite sad how at 12:01 they were "out of stock" on all copies (I checked), then half a day later have ~90 copies in various languages and editions at 5x the price. Remarkable how they pull that shit.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
LOL card isn't even going to warp Legacy at this point. This will deflate in 2-3 months.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Koby
LOL card isn't even going to warp Legacy at this point. This will deflate in 2-3 months.
Yeah as with pretty much all the unbanned cards, if you want to turn a profit, just dump your cards now and rebuy a few months later.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Di
It's pretty lame. Quite sad how at 12:01 they were "out of stock" on all copies (I checked), then half a day later have ~90 copies in various languages and editions at 5x the price. Remarkable how they pull that shit.
Pretty sure they pulled all the potential unbannables from their site. I had a Korean Earthcraft in my cart that mysteriously disappeared and reappeared this morning.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
I managed to snipe a bunch of 12-17 dollar land taxes last night. Im gonna try and flip them for a profit of 3-5 bucks a copy... but what SCG is doing is just dastardly..
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
If someone had 100 copies and someone bought them all for 1/16th of the price the day before it went up, they would bitch about that too.
I can't blame them a bit for watching it like a hawk the moment before and hedging bets. It does save them from getting raided by a speculator instants after the information is released. I can imagine there were more than a couple of people who saw that announcement and went straight to SCG to buy some at 12:01, just a couple.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Di
It's pretty lame. Quite sad how at 12:01 they were "out of stock" on all copies (I checked), then half a day later have ~90 copies in various languages and editions at 5x the price. Remarkable how they pull that shit.
They took them down so they wouldn't get cleaned out the second it was unbanned? It's smart business. I mean, honestly, the card seems unlikely to be any good anyway, so who cares?
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Tha Gunslinga
I mean, honestly, the card seems unlikely to be any good anyway, so who cares?
Truthery.
Anyways, back to bitching about how Korean Show & Tell is shilled on eBay for $200...
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
yeah the hell is that, I'm pretty sure Koby and I are hunting the same cards right now on ebay.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Starcitygames is just ensuring thier profit. They pull product when it is priced incorrectly, and they put it back on the shelves when they are reasonably confident that it is done moving.
Atleast they honor every purchase. I bet atleast one person starts a thread somewhere on the source about how so and so store didn't honor a 12:03 purchase of land tax this morning.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Picked up a land tax today for 2 dollars from local shop, needed it for edh. Might as well get it before it hit 30 bucks.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by majikal
http://sales.starcitygames.com//sear...and+Tax&auto=Y
Most blatant price hike I've ever seen. Honestly I'm sick of this kind of shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Di
It's pretty lame. Quite sad how at 12:01 they were "out of stock" on all copies (I checked), then half a day later have ~90 copies in various languages and editions at 5x the price. Remarkable how they pull that shit.
Everyone is entitled to their sentiment, even if it's stupid. Why would any card's price stay the same when it's status on the B&R list changes? Why would any product or service in any industry ever stay priced the same if government restrictions, legality, ease-of-access, or anything that could possibly affect it changed? And why do so many gamers have little to no understanding of basic supply and demand?
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
*neenerneenerneener* Just picked up a korean non-foil Greazybrand for <$16. I think that's a fluke rather than the norm tho. /brags/
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
IsThisACatInAHat?
Everyone is entitled to their sentiment, even if it's stupid. Why would any card's price stay the same when it's status on the B&R list changes? Why would any product or service in any industry ever stay priced the same if government restrictions, legality, ease-of-access, or anything that could possibly affect it changed? And why do so many gamers have little to no understanding of basic supply and demand?
They're complaining about how much it went up by, not that it went up. Of course it should go up, probably to around the price of something that is much better than it and printed in the exact same number of sets as it, Sylvan Library. Free market is one thing, but with secondary markets like this where the number of suppliers is relatively low, I think we can all hate collusive oligopolies that shoot the card up to 3x sylvan library's price.