Originally Posted by
frogger42
Cool, thanks for the response. I think the Lotus Petal is a good thing to mention, but I think there are two main things against it. Painter is looking to combo off, so wherever the mana comes from doesn't matter - Petal is better than Chrome in Painter. Stompy on the other hand often looks to beat with dudes - and SSG, while definitely a terrible beater, does play that role under a Chalice and/or Moon. It's definitely a LOT better if you run Equipment.
Number two is what would R/W stompy MD as a white piece? I'm not sure. Stoneforge Mystic seems like the #1 choice, but having access to a single W mana off of Petal means you're probably never going to fetch Batterskull, esp under a Moon. No way to cast SFM and cheat in the 'Skull.
I do think the Fetches -> Plateau is a great idea, esp going for R/W. If you end up running around 24 lands somehow, then probably Mox Diamond > Lotus Petal for this deck. Again, it ideally wants to have mana sources that you can use again and again, basically to lay creatures, and isn't really looking to combo off any given turn, other than laying a lock piece T1.
And yes, WW is basically uncalled for in a Blood Moon deck. Good ideas for the manabase so far.