Re: [DTB] BUG "Shardless" Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Korvo
@GerryT: so whats your SB when you say you are prepaired for everything?
@ GerryT Maybe you can post your current MB as well?
Being prepared for everything is interesting. The end of the day I personally think the pilot of a deck is the most important factor. You can copy any TOP 8 deck but fail every time. Understanding why you play certain cards works best. This seems obvious but it is still overlooked. Especially Side boarding is a skill that tests you everytime. Having a perfect sideboard is useless unless you board well. Of course this is what makes magic and especially Legacy so much fun :smile:
Re: [DTB] BUG "Shardless" Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by
catmint
Supreme Verdict Deck aka Esper usually plays lingering souls and/or dark confidant. "countering" a verdict will often seal a game since they rightfully rely on it to resolve.
So, yes if you play it you side it in.
Thnaks for pointing this out. I do side them in against Miracles, which happen to have 1-2 Verdicts around but mostly to kill Leyline/CB/RIP. It's just a more versatile card than Dread of Night with some additional applications against a vast majority of the field. You don't want to lose against T0 Leyline against Omnitell (thanks Lejay).
Re: [DTB] BUG "Shardless" Control
If you want to "prepare for everythign" golgari charm is a pretty good example of how to achieve that. Look at elves which is very troublesome. Dread of night, Krosan grip - not so hot.
Re: [DTB] BUG "Shardless" Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by
catmint
Supreme Verdict Deck aka Esper usually plays lingering souls and/or dark confidant. "countering" a verdict will often seal a game since they rightfully rely on it to resolve.
So, yes if you play it you side it in.
I meant Miracles actually. But I agree, verdict is more played in esperblade (because Miracles already have terminus I guess). And Golgari Charm is a tool versus Souls/verdict deck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
BlackStarDeceiver
Thnaks for pointing this out. I do side them in against Miracles, which happen to have 1-2 Verdicts around but mostly to kill Leyline/CB/RIP. It's just a more versatile card than Dread of Night with some additional applications against a vast majority of the field. You don't want to lose against T0 Leyline against Omnitell (thanks Lejay).
Here I disagree^^ Just about Miracles in fact. I don't plan to deal with rest in peace anyway and rely on Decay to destroy Counterbalance.
And Leyline in Miracles? It's possible, but I would not side in Golgari Charm to deal with a potential Leyline from Miracles. If I see a leyline post side okay but I would not bring in in the dark.
I like Golgari Charm. I actually play it. I just wanted to point out how it can be a false good versatile card sometimes.
Re: [DTB] BUG "Shardless" Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by
sakimmd
[...]
I like Golgari Charm. I actually play it. I just wanted to point out how it can be a false good versatile card sometimes.
I would not generally, but 2 people locally do play 4 Leylines and they bring them against Liliana decks just to avoid the ultimate, so i bring the charms. ;)
This was more to point out how versatile the card can be, even the Regenerate is relevant. If people play Nic Fit a lot it works pretty well. It kills Moat and Humility and i already killed a Sneak attack with it so i'm sold that this card deserves 2 slots ind the Sideboard.
Re: [DTB] BUG "Shardless" Control
I've been testing this deck a little bit for a while and reading up on stuff and have to start by saying that 1. I have a deep hate for Tarmogoyf, but he's probably needed in the deck and 2. I really like Glissa :)
So here's the list that i want to continue testing with and hopefully performing at tournaments:
Mainboard (61)
21 Lands
1 Badlands
1 Bayou
2 Creeping Tar Pit
1 Misty Rainforest
4 Polluted Delta
3 Tropical Island
3 Underground Sea
4 Verdant Catacombs
2 Wasteland
17 Creatures
3 Baleful Strix
4 Deathrite Shaman
2 Glissa, the Traitor
4 Shardless Agent
3 Tarmogoyf
1 Vendilion Clique
20 Other spells
3 Abrupt Decay
4 Ancestral Vision
4 Brainstorm
1 Engineered Explosives
4 Force of Will
1 Maelstrom Pulse
3 Thoughtseize
3 Planeswalkers
3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
Sideboard (15)
3 Hymn to Tourach
1 Maelstrom Pulse
3 Surgical Extraction
2 Umezawa's Jitte
4 Whipflare
2 Liliana of the Veil
It's 61 cards atm, but i'm not sure what to cut. I do however really love the little red splash for EE and Whipflare :)
Re: [DTB] BUG "Shardless" Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Viridia
It's 61 cards atm, but i'm not sure what to cut. I do however really love the little red splash for EE and Whipflare :)
you cant' play EE and Shardless in the same deck.
Re: [DTB] BUG "Shardless" Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by
sakimmd
you cant' play EE and Shardless in the same deck.
I don't know, with glissa, EE becomes a repeatable spell. Sounds pretty nasty to me.
Re: [DTB] BUG "Shardless" Control
First of all i think its better to play with 1 basic Swamp when you play Glissa (or Lili). It stabilises your mana base and lets you play a Shaman even if a Blood Moon is on the field. Second: i dont think that Force is SO good in main. Im sharing my opinion with Brian Braun-Duin (http://www.starcitygames.com/article...UG-Delver.html). I tested a lot of times the last few weeks with and without Force and i never had the feeling i need it against any deck except combo.
Heres my Playlist:
Land (22)
2xBayou
1xCreeping Tar Pit
2xMisty Rainforest
4xPolluted Delta
1xSwamp
2xTropical Island
3xUnderground Sea
4xVerdant Catacombs
3xWasteland
Creature (17)
3xBaleful Strix
4xDeathrite Shaman
2xGlissa, the Traitor
4xShardless Agent
4xTarmogoyf
Artifact (1)
1xUmezawa's Jitte
Sorcery (9)
4xAncestral Vision
3xHymn to Tourach
2xThoughtseize
Instant (8)
4xAbrupt Decay
4xBrainstorm
Planeswalker (3)
3xJace, the Mind Sculptor
This version of BUG is very stable. It feels awesome to have a Glissa equipped with a Jitte. Im not pretty sure if 2 Glissa are better to play than 2 Lilis, but when you cant get rid of her she is incredible. With all the Strix and Agents in this deck Glissa may be the right choice. Ok Lili has a better impact but she can more easy be countered (f.e. Spell Pierce) and also dies to a Bolt or Decay.
For the EE discussion: i prefer playing a Jitte but with Glissa i think the idea is no so bad. Should try it out.
Re: [DTB] BUG "Shardless" Control
I don't get the logic behind playing more late game stuff in favour of Force of Will if we have so much card advantage and late game bombs already. Force is of course only "needed" against combo (which you can expect 20%+ of the meta btw), but it is also a very good card to not fall back too much in tempo against fast fair decks. You don't want to die with 7 cards in hand. The card disadvantage is not a problem in this deck - beeing "overwhelmed" early is, so for me Force maindeck is set.
Re: [DTB] BUG "Shardless" Control
Cutting Force of Wills is probably just making us clearly inferior to Jund. Midrangecascade-deck? I'd play Jund any moment of the week over your list.
And I agree with everything catmint said, about this point.
Additionally - I really just don't get the hype behind Glissa. It's a if-if/win-more/-card if you ask me. Her manacost make it harder to play utilitylands like Wasteland / Ruins, her abilities are very conditional, and even then don't end the game. Her body/combatstats are probalby okay - though not as aggressive as Goyf.
EE and Agent? *sighs* Just like playing Crucible and RIP in the same deck. There could be a timeframe where it can work... could.
Greetings
Re: [DTB] BUG "Shardless" Control
I was sure you disagree Phillip. But does Force make the MU against Jund so much better? And why is everyone talking about Jund? Aren't there other decks to deal with?
For ex. look at the video i posted before. BBD had no Force in his MB and goes against RUG. (he only lost one game) The first thing BBD had done if he played Force main, is to board it out.
And in my opinion Glissa is a threat you have to deal with and fits great into the deck. As is Lili.
Nevertheless it is not quite like me to play without Force. But the last few playtesting felt not bad without it. (against Jund!) In our metagame (Austria) Force surely would be better main. Cause our players really like playing Combo. But i'm sure thats not the case all over the world.
Re: [DTB] BUG "Shardless" Control
Force is not for the Jund-matchup. What I was saying, is that Jund is the better Shaman-Cascadedeck if there are no Forces mainboard. Despite the fact that Force produces carddisadvantages, it produces, as catmint pointed out, both, "tempo" and an answer to any spell, which is important in some MUs, probably most. In addition to this it gains quite some strength in the lategame because you can easily afford 1-2ing the opponent if you drew 3 right before. Still a good trade.
Greetings
Re: [DTB] BUG "Shardless" Control
I would never drop FoW completely( atleast not in any competitive setting). I can see going down do 3,but how u expect to win from combo without any counters md and 4-6cards max that can interact? The deck is really good as it is-don't get too greedy by giving up fows just for some extra value against midrange decks(which u have more then enough already). Even saying u bring in X cards post sb against combo doesn't justify that.
Re: [DTB] BUG "Shardless" Control
These lists with 21 lands are shocking to me. I just upped my land count to 23 lands, I feel like the only times I lose is when I fall behind on mana.
Re: [DTB] BUG "Shardless" Control
Fantastic post. I love to read about the philosophy behind the deck and why people make certain choices.
Keep them coming :smile:
Re: [DTB] BUG "Shardless" Control
Despite i've stopped playing Shardless BUG in favor of BUGstill because it's better, I'm still tinkering.
Has anyone tried a similar SB?:
4 Flusterstorm
4 Force of Will
2 Duress
3 Nihil Spellbomb
2 general cards like Jitte/ Liliana/ Garruk etc.
I've done very well at tournaments with Shardless BUG. I was only disappointed when i was playing against too much Combodecks, so i think I'm going to try a SB where almost all Cards are dedicated to Combo. Obviously i side Shardless Agent out, which is really bad against combo sometimes. T3 tap out and cascade into..... Deathrite Shaman. Oh wow. I'm dead.
I hope you all do know how powerful Flusterstorm is against Combo ;)
Re: [DTB] BUG "Shardless" Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Adryan
Despite i've stopped playing Shardless BUG in favor of BUGstill because it's better, I'm still tinkering.
Has anyone tried a similar SB?:
4 Flusterstorm
4 Force of Will
2 Duress
3 Nihil Spellbomb
2 general cards like Jitte/ Liliana/ Garruk etc.
I've done very well at tournaments with Shardless BUG. I was only disappointed when i was playing against too much Combodecks, so i think I'm going to try a SB where almost all Cards are dedicated to Combo. Obviously i side Shardless Agent out, which is really bad against combo sometimes. T3 tap out and cascade into..... Deathrite Shaman. Oh wow. I'm dead.
I hope you all do know how powerful Flusterstorm is against Combo ;)
I prefer Shardless BUG to BUG Still, why do you think BUG Still is better? I like the addition of Flusterstorm. Siding out Shardless Agent against combo isn't something I've tried to be honest. I usually drop Abrupt Decay and maybe Baleful Strix.
Re: [DTB] BUG "Shardless" Control
Baleful Strix goes out of course. Against many combo decks abrupt decay has its uses and should stay in as a 2-3of.
Show variants have defense grid.
Storm has confidant/carpet of flowers/xantid swarm or LEDs they want to protect from discard.
Reanimate has animate dead
Vs. combo tapping out for shardless agent is only viable if you set-it up to hit discard. But then again you could just cast this discard and kill without a 2/2.... Random cascades gets worse of the hate sided in like surgical, flusterstorm, golgari charm,... Best plan vs. combo is to
side out agent.