Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Most Rougue Hermit Decks dont even run LED do they?
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lemnear
SCG buys FOIL Jaces for >400€
This explains why someone wanted to buy my playset on MCM. Good thing I rejected it. You can watch the beauties played in Strasbourgh =)
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
joemauer
Reanimator, Tin Fins, Elves, Aluren, Painter (although occasionally as a 1-of), and Breakfast all don't run LED.
Also, I doubt that anyone who didn't already own LEDs previously is acquiring them for Rogue Hermit, since its a Tier 3 deck at best. I mean, you can play it, but it's susceptible to so much hate. Moreover, it's pretty much a budget deck that doesn't even benefit much (if at all) from LED.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
It's all Cook's fault. Blame him!
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
I Blame (and thank) him. #PushBBEOut!
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
lordofthepit
Reanimator, Tin Fins, Elves, Aluren, Painter (although occasionally as a 1-of), and Breakfast all don't run LED.
Also, I doubt that anyone who didn't already own LEDs previously is acquiring them for Rogue Hermit, since its a Tier 3 deck at best. I mean, you can play it, but it's susceptible to so much hate. Moreover, it's pretty much a budget deck that doesn't even benefit much (if at all) from LED.
I was being sarcastic about the Rogue Hermit.
Reanimator and Tin Fins play Show and Tell.
Elves is more of an aggro combo deck, not your typical combo deck.
Breakfast is dead.
And I didn't know there was a competitive Aluren deck.
TES/ANT/TnT/ and Doomsday all use a playset of LEDs. ANT is off and on a DTB.
Good versions of dredge use LED which is off and on a DTB.
Belcher which can tear up the perfect meta uses LEDs.
If you want to play a combo deck that can win on turn one then Lion's Eye Diamond helps.
Unless you are playing Elves(which isn't even a full on combo deck), you want Lion's Eye Diamond or Show and Tell to play combo in Legacy.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Megadeus
Just thought id point out some price stuff on SCG...
Jace TMS $150 Up $30
Force of Will NM $100 Up $20
Lion's Eye Diamond $100 Up $20
They offered me $80 on my extra English Jace when I was trading in crappy English cards at SCGATL ... I was confused and the price seemed really high. Then I realized that they are trying to sell him for an insane amount.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
nedleeds
They offered me $80 on my extra English Jace when I was trading in crappy English cards at SCGATL ... I was confused and the price seemed really high. Then I realized that they are trying to sell him for an insane amount.
I read that as particularly english -> it made me think of a jace drinking tea with a giant mustache.
I don't even remember him being as high as 120 to be honest, I remember him being at 80-90.
Was he just creeping up this whole time? Or did something happen to make him surge?
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Wirrsturm
I read that as particularly english -> it made me think of a jace drinking tea with a giant mustache.
I don't even remember him being as high as 120 to be honest, I remember him being at 80-90.
Was he just creeping up this whole time? Or did something happen to make him surge?
I think it was part of SCG's annual price hike.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Legacy GP coming up in a few days, and everyone is buying cards in the last minutes. Of course it makes sense to raise prices.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
legacy GP Overseas sure. But Still not a reason to raise the prices imo here
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Soooo, someone bought ALL the Cloudstone Curio on MKM :P
https://www.magiccardmarket.eu/Cloud....c1p13333.prod
Speculators at work i suppose?
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Almost certainly, but that's to be expected with Beck//Call revitalizing Combo Elves in Modern.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Yeah, i'd be seriously amused if the deck fails to perform tho, especially after everyone taking a run at the pieces :)
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Viridia
Yeah, i'd be seriously amused if the deck fails to perform tho, especially after everyone taking a run at the pieces :)
Cloudstone Curio is going up almost exclusively due to Modern demand, and that player base is very used to disappointment.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Yes, they know they're playing an inferior format.
-Matt
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
I think the Lion's Eye Diamonds and Jaces will end up staying close to the new SGC price point. The people who own those cards are dedicated Storm or Control players. These players are unlikely to cash in at this price point. I mean who really sells off Jaces or LED's unless they are leaving the format.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
GradStudentGuy
I think the Lion's Eye Diamonds and Jaces will end up staying close to the new SGC price point. The people who own those cards are dedicated Storm or Control players. These players are unlikely to cash in at this price point. I mean who really sells off Jaces or LED's unless they are leaving the format.
The people who bought them at 50 after he got banned and stashed them away until they returned to their pre-ban prices. Looks like they've even exceeded that by now.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
There's like zero chance they're ever gonna reprint Jace right? Seems like you should get them before they hit $200?
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
GradStudentGuy
I think the Lion's Eye Diamonds and Jaces will end up staying close to the new SGC price point. The people who own those cards are dedicated Storm or Control players. These players are unlikely to cash in at this price point. I mean who really sells off Jaces or LED's unless they are leaving the format.
I sold 4 FOIL Jaces to SCG yesterday ^^