Originally Posted by
Gwathnar
I would have posted this last night but it was 11:30pm by the time I got home so I wanted to sleep.
Played the list I posted last night at my LGS. I didn't take notes for my SB so I'm trying to go from memory here.
Round 1 vs Maverick
Game 1 - locked him out with Trinisphere and Magus - started the slow burn with Chandra and top deck Fiery. He eventually gets around it with DRS, lands Mother of Runes, I bate him by targeting Mom with Chandra and then cast a second one to get rid of DRS. This is where I go wrong, he lands Knight - kills Chandra. Gets a bunch of counters on Knight and smashes me in the face. Very long grindy game.
Out 2 Rabblemaster, In 2 Trinisphere
Game 2 - Opponent scoops after I land Ensnaring Bridge on Turn 3
Game 3 - Opponent mulls to 3 trying to find basics. Turn on Magus followed by Hazoret beat down/burn ftw.
Round 2 vs Wish Fins
Game 1&2 - the deck just said nope and gave me the most horrible draws, Chrome Moxes and lands - nothing else.
Round 3 vs Burn (was not looking forward to this match but it wasn't that bad)
Game 1 Chalice on 1 on the play. Beat face with Rabblemaster + tokens and Magus.
Out 2 Chrome Mox, In 2 Trinisphere
Game 2 I establed a board but Smash to Smithereens took out Chalice and I died to Eidolon grinding me down and Fireblast sealed the deal.
Game 3 stick Chalice and Trinisphere, Chalice is blown up so I replace it. Hit with Rabblemaster and a couple tokens which get dealt with. Land Chandra, opp has double Eidolon - drop a bridge and grind to the win with Chandra (1 life when I won lol)
Round 4 vs Lands (again not looking forward to this match - my opponent usually wins every week).
Game 1, turn one Sol Land followed by turn 2 Blood Moon. Second I played a basic Mountain on turn 2 I heard, please don't play Blood Moon. Opponent scoops.
Game 2, this was the longest game in a while and I thought I was done. Established a lock with Chalice on 1, Blood Moon and Trinisphere. Moon get gripped and I drop Bridge. Opponent constantly cycling through his deck with Loam and Tireless Tracker. I land Chandra and he play Glacial Chasms to shut her off. I land 2 more Chalices, one on zero to turn off more Moxes and on 2 to shut off Loam. He makes a Merit Lage but with no way to remove my bridge he ends up sac'ing it (Tabernacle up keep). I finally land a Magus again and opponent concedes.
All in all, I'm very impressed with the deck but I want to make some changes.
First, Chrome Mox was a bad top deck so I'm thinking about taking some number out.
I'd like to try some number of Blood Sun.
Side board, Boil and Null Rod are likely going. I'm thinking about trying some Eidolon of the Great Revel in their and some Abrade.