Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Megadeus
Im not saying that I agree with their plan, I am just saying that that is the reason that they don't care to reprint legacy staples in modern sets. Force of Will probably would see very little play in Standard, and a bit in Modern, but people think because it is "free" it is overpowered.
Yep, I understand you.
On the one hand I think that Modern-legal FoW would help them control the format and there will be smaller need for bans. Otoh, if this starts some trend of converging these two formats...
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bed Decks Palyer
Yep, I understand you.
On the one hand I think that Modern-legal FoW would help them control the format and there will be smaller need for bans. Otoh, if this starts some trend of converging these two formats...
Agreed although Wizards seems to want to restrict the number of good hard counters in the format because they deem it's not "fun".
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
davelin
Agreed although Wizards seems to want to restrict the number of good hard counters in the format because they deem it's not "fun".
Otoh they should be reasonable enough to see that:
- neverending bannings bring uncertainty to the format/community
- some of those bans are outright jokes
- they still may be not enough to stop (future) combo decks
- thus FoW-like card might be necessary for the format
- and the FoW itself is a card DA and "delve-into-blue" which is quite limiting
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Additionally, I think Force is a viable card for Modern and Standard due to the lack of any real cantrips and most importantly, those formats lack Brainstorm so the ability to mitigate the card loss is non-existant.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
nodahero
Additionally, I think Force is a viable card for Modern and Standard due to the lack of any real cantrips and most importantly, those formats lack Brainstorm so the ability to mitigate the card loss is non-existant.
I'm pretty sure sphinx revelation + FoW would break the format in half
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lemnear
I'm pretty sure sphinx revelation + FoW would break the format in half
FOW can be printed after sphinx rotates soon. then it would be fine
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
apple713
FOW can be printed after sphinx rotates soon. then it would be fine
With a mana curve in standard that begins with 3 mana (hyperbole!) even Jace Ingenuity would be enough to make FoW dope
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lemnear
With a mana curve in standard that begins with 3 mana (hyperbole!) even Jace Ingenuity would be enough to make FoW dope
I had to search for the card.
Oh, didn't WotC wrote that CA cards are op and that there will never be a card like Opportunity again? Must be some article from pre-creep times. Nvm.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Force of Will would dominate in Standard. Maro is wrong on occasion; I don't think he's wrong about that one.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
I do agree. Me and my friend were talking about it, and standard games are very determined by on board presence. And keeping key removals spells and Wraths from resolving while being able to tap out to derp in more things every turn is probably pretty good.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Megadeus
I do agree. Me and my friend were talking about it, and standard games are very determined by on board presence. And keeping key removals spells and Wraths from resolving while being able to tap out to derp in more things every turn is probably pretty good.
Remember the Alice Home Type II? With decks packing WoGs, Geddons, Jokulhaupses, etc.? FoW wasn't choking that format.
Otoh, it was 4x Necro, 4x Strip Mime format, so...
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
http://www.ebay.com/sch/mastrognu/m....p2047675.l2562
So, weren't there a discussion on HQ proxis that might get dangerous? Fortunately, this dude is honest, but...
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bed Decks Palyer
Jesus, those look like the real thing to an average joe like me. Can anyone spot whats makes them fake?
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Do they have a magic back?
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Megadeus
Do they have a magic back?
Like if they emanate jelly or smell of roses? :-)
I can't tell, but from the description I guess they have, it's a 100% real-like MtG card and I'd say that the only thing that makes it different from WotC's article is paper used. Well, I'm interested what will the company do, if this starts some trend, as this is clear violation of copyright rules. Seeing how bad managers they are considering all things Eternal, I don't pity them.
Also, this might be a real danger for the collectors and especially the hoarders (no matter where the line is) and I really don't pity the latter at all. They invested into something as silly as cardboard and were unwilling to unload the stuff when it was high, so what, why should I mourn over their loss? It's a little bit different with Occam-like collectors, as they have Noble Purpose, but otoh I don't fear to guess that they won't be affected that much, due to the fact that they might/should be more aware during purchases and they don't have the cards primarily (or at least not only) for the monetary value and tournament play. Other than that, I'm pretty sure that we'll see a big shake-up no later then in five years and one may even extrapolate the prices' rise and say that before the end of the decade, big portion of Eternal tournaments will become non-sanctioned events. Will this press WotC to press cards? I hope that... well, for what do I really hope? Idk, as I'm cashing out... kind of.
I for one am really glad that I started to dissolve the whole thing, coz as long as I use the cards primarily for (tournament) playing and don't pet with them, I can just as well use proxies, if only they're allowed and not exactly ugly. If this would mean that the entry/upkeep costs drop by an order of magnitude, hey, I'm all for it. Yep, some ppl will cry, but w/e; I did never understood what's so brilliant about the fact that one's hobby is an expensive one, and although the cardboard snobs may differ, I'm fine if the prices drop to ground... right after I sell all that I don't need, of course.
Imao it's pretty reasonable to start hoarding the IE/CE and also the new-level HQ proxy stuff, as this might become the future of Magic, esp. as WotC are unable to break their self-imposed shackles and will never reprint the RL cards. Then, in a fifteen twenty years, we'd be back again where we're now, but this time it'll be about IE/CE/proxies prices going through the roof and the need for a we-allow-toilet-paper tournament community. That says a lot about someone's decison to get out of this circle...
I'd be interested, how many of P9 (and all other expensive stables for that matter) are fakes already. I think that the number of beta cards seen in the last years might be from hoarders who unloaded their binders, otoh, it is very possible that someone finally realized that printing money that lack any security measures may be a good weekend job.
Simply put, we play chess. And although I understand chess fanatics that collect early 12th century Arab pieces made of ebony and ivory, the everyday's player might play with the bread chess just as well, if only he isn't strategically limited by scarcity of bread. One thing is collectability, the other is playability. It's not everybody's right to have JPN signed foil Summer off-center Hurricane, but why on earth there are no "Black Lotus and friends Lite Edition" for the everyday crowd is beyond my comprehension. Look how videogames/movies/fashion industry works.
tl, dr: WotC failed, Italan guy profited. Long live the Lotuseo Negro, Moxo Saffireo and Biblioteca de la Alessandria!
at Slosh: Tôi hy vọng bạn không nhớ rằng tôi thích và thực sự mở rộng chỉ lặp đi lặp lại không?
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Reported the guy. What he does is illegal and it must be stopped.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
I'm certain that there are places in China that don't give a fuck about copyrights that do this already, I wouldn't even be surprised if bunch of counterfeit staples from newer sets were already in circulation (like JTMS or goyfs). Skepticism only comes into play for things like power and eternal rarities, no one bats an eye at modern framed cards.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lt. Quattro
Jesus, those look like the real thing to an average joe like me. Can anyone spot whats makes them fake?
coloring looks off on the wastelands.
The duals don't seem to have the correct borders. It's very hard to tell from the scans tho
Quote:
Originally Posted by
phonics
I'm certain that there are places in China that don't give a fuck about copyrights that do this already, I wouldn't even be surprised if bunch of counterfeit staples from newer sets were already in circulation (like JTMS or goyfs). Skepticism only comes into play for things like power and eternal rarities, no one bats an eye at modern framed cards.
This is true. I stopped caring about modern bordered cards.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
phonics
I'm certain that there are places in China that don't give a fuck about copyrights that do this already, I wouldn't even be surprised if bunch of counterfeit staples from newer sets were already in circulation (like JTMS or goyfs). Skepticism only comes into play for things like power and eternal rarities, no one bats an eye at modern framed cards.
Hello http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...KE-newer-cards
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Isn't there blue color inside the cards? Although destroying said cards to check is stupid.