Hey ClimbGneiss, I've been working on GB Pox for awhile and got inspired by Josh's Bloodghast/Cabal Therapy tech. But I disagree with him on Mox Diamond. Its not about acceleration, but more about breaking the parity when we cast Smallpox. We are also a two color deck that runs dual colored/double black cards in a format with Wasteland. I don't run Pernicious Deed, I tried it and felt it was too slow and it doesn't deal with planeswalkers.
Fatal Push imo is the black version of Swords to Plowshares. I find Deathrite Shaman to be a big threat to our strategy and Fatal Push kills him clean.
Two cards that I've been messing with are Mirri's Guile and Bontu's Last Reckoning.
I was running 2x Sensei's Divining Top before it got banned and felt it really helped smooth out our draws/dredging.
Mirri's Guile is not nearly as powerful SDT, but gets the job done, especially when you have Life From the Loam in the yard. To dredge or not to dredge sometimes becomes a big question...Mirri's Guile helps with that alot. Got lands and Bloodghast in you top three cards...loam away; see that Maelstrom Pulse or Liliana 2nd from the top...maybe don't dredge.
Bontu's Last Reckoning went into my Pernicious Deed slot in the sideboard. Consequently, it works a lot better with Mox Diamond. Times where I used Deed it was more of a creature board wipe and less about dealing with artifacts and enchantments.
Lastly,
Two things: Garruk Relentless and DD/Stage combo.
I run the DD/Stage combo. If you run Crop Rotation/Entomb and Life From the Loam it allows another angle of attack that doesn’t disturb the natural flow of the deck. It’s also “softly” resilient to Legacy’s premier removal spell, Swords to Plowshares. Gain 20 life and try again.
Garruk Relentless is great against control and really grindy matchups.
Here’s my current list:
Lands (27)
4 Verdant Catacombs
4 Bayou
3 Mishra's Factory
3 Wasteland
2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
2 Swamp
1 Thespian's Stage
1 Forest
1 Barren Moor
1 Dark Depths
1 Cabal Pit
1 Bojuka Bog
1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
1 Polluted Delta
1 Windswept Heath
Creatures (3)
2 Bloodghast
1 Nether Spirit
Planeswalkers (2)
2 Liliana of the Veil
Spells (24)
3 Abrupt Decay
3 Smallpox
3 Hymn to Tourach
3 Life from the Loam
2 Entomb
2 Collective Brutality
2 Cabal Therapy
2 Fatal Push
1 Thoughtseize
1 Raven's Crime
1 Crop Rotation
1 Toxic Deluge
Other (4)
3 Mox Diamond
1 Mirri's Guile
Sideboard (15)
2 Surgical Extraction
1 Diabolic Edict
1 Duress
1 Chains of Mephistopheles
1 Crop Rotation
1 Lost Legacy
1 Garruk Relentless
1 Pithing Needle
1 Maelstrom Pulse
1 Abrupt Decay
1 Bontu's Last Reckoning
1 Coffin Purge
1 Engineered Plague
1 Karakas

