Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
Well I'll be damned. Mental Misstep gets banned (first).
Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
Mental Misstep got banned.
Back to countertop?
Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
Spectacular! I'm not sure that mm needed to be banned but I sure as hell was not a fan.
Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
Yessss mental misstep is banned!!! Woooooooooooooooooo!
Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
Wowwww...
Guess they really want Modern to be an aggro format..
Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Sims
Wait so.. You want Jace and Stoneforge back so you can just play Stoneblade in Modern, and want them to ban Ponder so the combo competition for said Stoneblade deck won't exist? Just what I was hoping for... another format to get bent over by the dynamic duo.
While I admit the format is too heavily combolicious, I really hope they have a more sensible approach to Modern's banned list instead of turning the format into another iteration of extended, legacy, and standard prior to the last b/r update. If those two stay on the banned list, fine, nerf combo. If they make combo unplayable and turn the format into Stoneblade vs. Stoneblade vs. Rogue aggro vs. Stoneblade vs. 12-post... fuck that format. I'd rather play the combo-licious format.
If you tested modern prior to the bannings (ie after community cup), you'd realize that it wasn't really that degenerate/broken. Zoo, 12post kept stoneblade in check. O doubt it would dominate as badly as you claim. Mana leak/rune snag is not force/daze. It simply isn't as dominating as legay stoneblade.
Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
Damn, they smashed modern. Like every good top deck has to reformat itself. Go wizards. In other news, Im infinitely glad that misstep is gone. Back to combo for me.
Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
All hell just broke loose. Should I bust out vials again?
Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
Quote:
Legacy
Mental Misstep is banned.
Holy hell...
I honestly dont believe it. SO happy.
Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
Lol@ 10 dollar blazing shoals.
Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
It's hilarious. Seems that to keep the Modern metagame fresh they will just ban the top decks.
Sad to see misstep go in legacy. I'm just glad they didn't do anything stupid like ban Stoneforge Mystic, or other. I'm not looking forward to going to time because of Sensei's top.
Extended (or what's left of it got owned pretty hard too).
Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
KevinTrudeau
- Can't say I'm surprised about MMS getting banned. It was the newest card to be made and it caused the biggest changes recently. I'm a bit sad because now we're back to CounterTop -> Storm -> Zoo -> Merfolk -> CounterTop again.
Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
I suppose I can play Goblins again :)
Banning all "brainstorm" look alikes in modern is a bit brutal I think...
Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
Wizards,
I just wanted to say this. Thank you so much for doing what I feel is the right thing. Who the bleep knows what will be the best banned and restricted list. All I know is that you just made my day. I look forward to the modern shakeup.
Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
ivanpei
If you tested modern prior to the bannings (ie after community cup), you'd realize that it wasn't really that degenerate/broken. Zoo, 12post kept stoneblade in check. O doubt it would dominate as badly as you claim. Mana leak/rune snag is not force/daze. It simply isn't as dominating as legay stoneblade.
It might not be, but the lemmings would have flocked to it just because they could play the same deck in many formats. I hate playing against it in legacy, I hated it in standard, and I don't want to deal with it in modern.
Speaking of modern... well i'm glad I didn't buy any Shocklands for any of the U/r decks... but now I guess I'm going to have to take apart Enduring Ideal, stop sleeving Ascension/Swathstorm, and find replacements for GSZ in Melira..
Yay, another format that will likely be pushed hard to aggro.
Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
This concludes the latest experiment from the Free Spells are Broken Department of WotC, R&D.
Please stand by for your regularly schedule Legacy programming.
Re: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread
Just hope 3-4 dropps will remain viable in the format. This is gonna speed up the format alot. Hope you are ready.