Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Barook
5 Pod decks in the Top 8 of GP Richmond - looks like Wizards is going to swing the banhammer again soon.
At that point they might as well ban Misty Rainforest too.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
FTW
To be fair, only two of those decks actually can fetch Islands. It's mainly played as Forest fetchland.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Barook
5 Pod decks in the Top 8 of GP Richmond - looks like Wizards is going to swing the banhammer again soon.
at meleria or pod?
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
apple713
at meleria or pod?
At Pod, obviously, since it's a tutor - and Modern isn't allowed to have nice things.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
apple713
at meleria or pod?
Melira isn't getting banned. Even if they wanted to only ban something from Melira Pod (leaving Kiki Pod unscathed), the far more likely target would be Chord of Calling.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lord Seth
Melira isn't getting banned. Even if they wanted to only ban something from Melira Pod (leaving Kiki Pod unscathed), the far more likely target would be Chord of Calling.
The Kiki Pod deck that won also ran Chord of Calling...
Either Chord or Pod will get banned, I think, although Pod getting banned nerfs only the Pod decks whereas Chord could conceivably still be played in other decks (until it's deemed too powerful and banned too).
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Esper3k
The Kiki Pod deck that won also ran Chord of Calling...
Either Chord or Pod will get banned, I think, although Pod getting banned nerfs only the Pod decks whereas Chord could conceivably still be played in other decks (until it's deemed too powerful and banned too).
It probably comes down to one of these two, but neither Chord nor Pod are ran in any other deck currently.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Barook
It probably comes down to one of these two, but neither Chord nor Pod are ran in any other deck currently.
then it's pod that gets the axe because its the engine like survival was.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Barook
It probably comes down to one of these two, but neither Chord nor Pod are ran in any other deck currently.
I think it comes down to what Wizards wants to do with the deck. If they want to just nerf it and keep it somewhat playable, then they can ban Chord. If they want to just kill it dead, then Pod gets the axe.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
I honestly don't think Wizards will touch anything in Pod. I do think that Affinity and Pod will see a crazy price jump like Twin saw after PT Valencia.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Check the price of Rishadan Port. TCG Mid $120 now, what the fuck. The prices are going mental for the last few months, time to cry for reprints at WoTC headquarters.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
prateta
Check the price of Rishadan Port. TCG Mid $120 now, what the fuck. The prices are going mental for the last few months, time to cry for reprints at WoTC headquarters.
500% in 4 years... I made a nice investement when I decided i wanted to play D&T in 2010 :p
People are starting to understand how strong is the card, even in Legacy.
However, that's just when D&T is somehow hated out of the format because of TNN hate :p
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Tylert
500% in 4 years... I made a nice investement when I decided i wanted to play D&T in 2010 :p
People are starting to understand how strong is the card, even in Legacy.
However, that's just when D&T is somehow hated out of the format because of TNN hate :p
Even investing in February when it was still 75$ would have been profitable:
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/price/Mer.../Rishadan+Port
And I can't imagine that a flood of new Lands players is responsible for that.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
To be fair, lands has gotten more popular. I'm just waiting on Mox Diamonds to go up. Considering it is a RL card that is fairly strong. Any day now.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Barook
At Pod, obviously, since it's a tutor - and Modern isn't allowed to have nice things.
This is why you play Legacy: Because you like nice things.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Volcanics are now $250 NM. Damnation is $50. I'm freaking out! Aaahhhh what's next!?
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Madmankevinx
Volcanics are now $250 NM. Damnation is $50. I'm freaking out! Aaahhhh what's next!?
To be perfectly honest, at the end of the year, blue duals within 350-500$ price range is what I expect. Since profit margins get smaller percentage-wise the higher the price gets, the more does the price increase accelerate.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Insane. Holding my bayous. Probably 200 by years end
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Doesn't affect most, but textless foil cradles are 10+k and foil cities are allegedly 15k. Getting stupid.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
I think its pretty hilarious that Arid Mesa is worth as much as Plateau.