Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
...and the player base is broken, then you have my permission to quit.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
I would watch Savor the Moment now since Travis Woo is currently running some silly U/G Modern Ramp deck. Even if it sucks, just look at what happened to Runed Halo because of one of his silly brews.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bertrand Hustle
This is a sound opinion. I think people who were curious but didn't buy in will get the chance to play on MODO and finalize their decisions based on their experiences online.
I recently bought a 15 USD Foil Emrakul off TCGPlayer that was bent to hell and back. Ironing it + placing it under some speakers on a flat surface have made it sleeve safe and perfectly playable. For 15 USD I couldn't resist and I'm glad I didn't. In retrospect the ironing probably wasn't necessary and I could've just speaker'd it but ironing suprisingly didn't damage the card further and really helped it bend to my will :)
I'm going to start ironing all my cards before tournaments, just to be classy. How much starch did you use?
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Wow this Tarmogoyf is getting out of hand. Bought them for 85$ 4 Month ago. Sold them for 117$ 1 Month ago. Now they are 140$ apiece. What the hell?! I get the feeling this price bubble is bursting soon.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
janoscheaush
wow this tarmogoyf is getting out of hand. Bought them for 85$ 4 month ago. Sold them for 117$ 1 month ago. Now they are 140$ apiece. What the hell?! I get the feeling this price bubble is bursting soon.
lol!!!!
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
It's finally Tropical Islands turn. It's seen like a $30 price jump in the past week. What's next, Plateau?
EDIT- In before; But it's a BLUE DUAL BRAH!
EDIT2- And holy Underground Sea batman!!! $265 TCGPlayer low price... wtf dude? A playset of Sea is worth more than most people's car.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Most duals went up asking with SCGs price hike from a week ago on TCG finally
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
JanoschEausH
Wow this Tarmogoyf is getting out of hand. Bought them for 85$ 4 Month ago. Sold them for 117$ 1 Month ago. Now they are 140$ apiece. What the hell?! I get the feeling this price bubble is bursting soon.
You're late to the party. Try 180+$.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
HammafistRoob
It's finally Tropical Islands turn. It's seen like a $30 price jump in the past week. What's next, Plateau?
EDIT- In before; But it's a BLUE DUAL BRAH!
EDIT2- And holy Underground Sea batman!!! $265 TCGPlayer low price... wtf dude? A playset of Sea is worth more than most people's car.
Check out Volcanic Island - it has become best buddies with Underground Sea price-wise now. Both are now close to 300$. At the current rate, I see both at 500$ each before the end of the year.
Its price more than doubled within a two-month time period: http://www.mtggoldfish.com/price/Rev...olcanic+Island
This is getting really stupid now.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
It really is getting out of hand. I've heard/seen on forums that many people are considering cashing out at this point. The sad thing is, I can never really make a compelling argument to sway their opinion in the opposite direction with prices where they are.
It looks like Wizards and SCG are getting what they wanted, or at least it seems like they want Legacy to die. It's really sketchy how they have a meeting about the reprint policy, and then tighten up the policy. It seems to me like Starcity higher ups got the better of Wizards and now have a monopoly on Legacy, which they're extending to Modern. Once SCG stops buying Legacy bulk, and subsequently drops Legacy from their opens, I hope the market floods with enough staples so that prices are reasonable again and local stores can actually support the format. At least that's what I'm hoping happens when Modern replaces Legacy on Sundays, it's going to happen most likely in 2015 so don't be surprised.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Yeah, I'm going to cash in all of my cards save for 1-3 decks I regularly use. All of the other stuff like my seldom used duals, fetches, etc will be cashed in once they go up higher.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Arsenal
Yeah, I'm going to cash in all of my cards save for 1-3 decks I regularly use. All of the other stuff like my seldom used duals, fetches, etc will be cashed in once they go up higher.
Did it last month. I kept one Legacy deck, 50 sideboard cards and 2 EDH. Every thing else is gone. Prices were going so crazy I was not buying nor trading any longer.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Anen
Did it last month. I kept one Legacy deck, 50 sideboard cards and 2 EDH. Every thing else is gone. Prices were going so crazy I was not buying nor trading any longer.
Yep, keeping my Cube, my 1 Modern deck, and probably 2 Legacy decks. Everything else I'm going to cash out and use that money towards a home downpayment. Once Volcanic hits 500, that's prolly when I'll cash out.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
I cashed out like 1 or two months ago, too. Happy I did. It's way cooler to have enough money to travel to every GP/BoM whatever you want plus having one deck, rather than having 10 decks and playing it at locals with 12 people.
Greetings
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Volcanics won't ever be 500, I'd say sell them for 300 when they reach that threshold.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
HammafistRoob
Volcanics won't ever be 500, I'd say sell them for 300 when they reach that threshold.
Maybe, maybe not. I mean, I definitely didn't ever think Volcs would be at $285 mid-tcgplayer, but here we are. $500 in another 6-9 months isn't an unreasonable estimate given it's recent price increase and SCG's continued support for Legacy.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
The end is nigh. Repent ye unholy hoarders. The avatar of Richard Garfield shall descend upon us and smite the sinful spectulaters.
AMEN!
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Arsenal
Yep, keeping my Cube, my 1 Modern deck, and probably 2 Legacy decks. Everything else I'm going to cash out and use that money towards a home downpayment. Once Volcanic hits 500, that's prolly when I'll cash out.
FWIW, interest rate is generally more important than downpayment. With prices and interest rates on the rise, I think you'd be better off making your home buying plans based on the housing market, not the Magic market.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
What I don't get is the abnormal high increase of Volcanic Island compared to Tropical Island and Tundra.
We're looking at a solid 145$ increase within 2 months, more than doubling its price. U/R/X decks didn't see that much of an increase, heck, I would rather expect Tundra to rise more wit all the Miracles, UWR Delver and Blade variants around.
I wouldn't be suprised if this is SCG's endgame now. The price increases on land staples have become absurd lately.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Barook
What I don't get is the abnormal high increase of Volcanic Island compared to Tropical Island and Tundra.
We're looking at a solid 145$ increase within 2 months, more than doubling its price. U/R/X decks didn't see that much of an increase, heck, I would rather expect Tundra to rise more wit all the Miracles, UWR Delver and Blade variants around.
Well, a lot of Miracle lists also play Volc, along with Patriot, UR Delver, RUG, and Sneak Show. So it makes sense it would be a little more, but not the huge gap that currently resides. FWIW, I'm expecting all blue duals over 200 by June.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Barook
I wouldn't be suprised if this is SCG's endgame now. The price increases on land staples have become absurd lately.
Exactly what I was referring to last page. They're planning something, and it's most likely an attempt to move as many players as possible to Modern. This will only benefit them and Wizards in the long run, it's happening sooner than I initially thought. That makes me a saaadd panda :'(.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Richard Cheese
FWIW, interest rate is generally more important than downpayment. With prices and interest rates on the rise, I think you'd be better off making your home buying plans based on the housing market, not the Magic market.
I have an excellent credit score and make a fair amount of money annually, but have little in cash reserves (a factor when trying to get a loan) and only a few thousand saved for a down payment (even if the bank allows a 4% downpayment, that still is nowhere near enough).
I can either spend the next 10-12 months saving away money while interest rates and home prices continue to rise, or I could cash out relatively soon and have the down payment necessary for me to get my foot in the door (pun intended). I really want to wait a bit though as Magic means a lot to me and cashing out means I won't be buying back in (for those cards anyway).