Originally Posted by
aslidsiksoraksi
Thanks for these points, helps to clarify my thinking.
- I agree that Jace is a bit ambitious, but most Pox decks do run a selection of 4cmc cards (eg NoSB, Nether Void); with cantrips to help find mana and/or the talismans Mr. Safety suggests it should be ok?
- I feel like we are not trying to tempo them out, that is true. But smallpox is great against Delver because it is chokes their land-light deck. If your gameplan is to run on 2 lands, and now you're running on 1... that is not pleasant. Pox runs wasteland and is a control deck
- I have tried not to cut too much disruption, rather cutting top end cards. It is shaved a bit, but not heavily so (most lists I see run 7ish discard and 4ish blood/push, I'm right about there)
- just in general about the cantrips. Since, as you point out, the deck runs a lot of early interaction, the cantrips would not be played as the sort of t1 ponder to find a land kind of thing you see out of Miracles/Delver. Rather, would be early non-cantrip interaction, and then on turn 3-4 when you need to land a permanent to lock it down, the cantrip would help find it or help find more disruption. That at least is how I'm thinking about it.
Thank you for the suggestions Mr. Safety. I like Search a lot, especially as it can also function as a land. Sunken Ruin is also an excellent suggestion, since double-colored mana is the real choke point in a lot of ways. I think you're right to cut Fiends. Factory over Maze might be right, more wincons and it taps for mana which is nice. Snapcaster seems good but when I reflected that nearly the whole deck is sorcery speed (exception of brainstorm and fatal push) it felt like it loses a lot of value in such a context.
With the list as you suggest it, I have essentially all the cards, so will probably try it out soon since why not.
Thanks as always for all input :)