Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Pimpers gonna pimp I suppose. Also why people list game pieces more than other game pieces with the identical in-game function is beyond me as well. Heavily played cardz 4 lyfe!
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lemnear
That also explains the price of Juzaam Jinn ;)
Joke aside, why do people list FOIL conspiracy brainstorms (common) for 50€ which is more than foils from mercadian Maske are??
Foil masks brainstorms are under 50€?
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lemnear
That also explains the price of Juzaam Jinn ;)
Joke aside, why do people list FOIL conspiracy brainstorms (common) for 50€ which is more than foils from mercadian Maske are??
Actually 50Eur is a fine price. Good luck finding a playset of foil MM Brainstorm for less than 300-320 euros. Nowadays the ugly FNM foils are 45 euros each.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Jay_Gatz
Foil masks brainstorms are under 50€?
2 for about 46€ each crossed my path recently
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Tcgplayer's median price is around 200$ and everything on mkm is at least 100€
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lord Seth
It's not the same price as the Moxen. Except for Mox Sapphire ($1299.99 for NM), the Moxen are $999.99 for NM, $899.99 for SP, and $799.99 for MP. Tabernacle at NM is $799.99. I guess a Near Mint Tabernacle is the same price as a Moderately Played Mox, but I wouldn't call that as them pricing the same.
The price is kinda crazy, but it's not quite at Mox level.
You are right. When I posted this they were not listed at $999. Anyway, that is an absurd price.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Foil MM Brainstorms actually are at 130,-€ on MCM right now. Thus 50,-€ - although totally absurd since inprint - is kind of a good deal if you want to go for foil non FNM Brainstorms. ;-)
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
SCG just announced that they're running Modern Premier IQs (5k price support, compared to their 10k each for Standard and Legacy) on their Sunday Opens alongside with their Legacy tournaments, starting July 19-20th. Legacy still remains the format they're covering.
Why I post this here? Because you bet your ass that prices for Modern staples are going ballistic even more now.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Barook
SCG just announced that they're running Modern Premier IQs (5k price support, compared to their 10k each for Standard and Legacy) on their Sunday Opens alongside with their Legacy tournaments, starting July 19-20th. Legacy still remains the format they're covering.
Why I post this here? Because you bet your ass that prices for Modern staples are going ballistic even more now.
On one hand, I'm glad there will be more modern support out there as the format is more accessible to me budget wise. On the other, I'm upset because there's still quite a bit I don't have in terms of "staples", and the semi-frequent price swings are making it hard to complete my collection.
I'm also terrified that some component of my deck will wind up banned as I've already been burned once...but that's another issue.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
lol I'm reading people complaining how Tabernacle isn't a 4 of in the format, I wonder what this will do to goyf pricing...
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
I've had discussions with several people on MODO about the entire Vintage Masters thing. My thoughts on it:
- Port is the most expensive normal card on MODO now, with Wasteland being up there. I do expect promo reprints soon, maybe even one of those in July to keep attendance up to compensate for the colossal fuck-up that the switch to the Beta client is going to bring.
- Why didn't VMA include Onslaught fetches? They aren't Modern-legal and were qualified for inclusion, yet they chose the crappy, Mirage ones instead. Pulling Dual + fetch is unlikely anyway since both are rare, and it didn't seem super-broken anyway. Maybe we're getting fetchland reprints with Khans already and Wizards was just trolling us?
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Khans or M15 reprint for duals is the only thing that makes sense at this point. It's the same thing when Thoughtseize was left out of MMA.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
So for the last month or so I've been trying to sell a few extra duals that have been sitting in my binder. I haven't resorted to ebay but have been using craigslist and MOTL to try and shift them. I've priced them pretty aggresively (adding between 5-10 bucks to what people are charging for damaged versions on TCG player) and I still have people trying to get a discount, some as much as 40% because they claim to be dealers. I've gotten all sorts of excuses as to why they think they deserve to pay less, such as being afraid of the death of legacy and profit margins, but it's really starting to piss me off. Is it wrong to expect a fair price, based on current market values? Or am I just naïve? For reference, I'm trying to move a revised tundra (sp according to scg) and a revised trop (mp) for 145 and 130 respectively. This is by no means an attempt to solicit sales here, I just wanted to provide some context.
tl;dr: bitching about people trying to get discounts on already aggresively priced duals.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
People are stingy. And like to feel like they walked away with a deal. You should set your prices a little higher in anticipation of the counteroffer.
I had the same experience when I tried to move some cards. And I was mostly selling to brogrammers who make ~100k or whatever. Those were the stingiest of all. Just keep at it. It's a pressure game.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
kirkusjones
So for the last month or so I've been trying to sell a few extra duals that have been sitting in my binder. I haven't resorted to ebay but have been using craigslist and MOTL to try and shift them. I've priced them pretty aggresively (adding between 5-10 bucks to what people are charging for damaged versions on TCG player) and I still have people trying to get a discount, some as much as 40% because they claim to be dealers. I've gotten all sorts of excuses as to why they think they deserve to pay less, such as being afraid of the death of legacy and profit margins, but it's really starting to piss me off. Is it wrong to expect a fair price, based on current market values? Or am I just naïve? For reference, I'm trying to move a revised tundra (sp according to scg) and a revised trop (mp) for 145 and 130 respectively. This is by no means an attempt to solicit sales here, I just wanted to provide some context.
tl;dr: bitching about people trying to get discounts on already aggresively priced duals.
It should not be that difficult to move your cards at that price to a player looking for them. In fact, my local store pays $145 for Tundra and for Trop at NM prices, so a 40% discount is ridiculous. Avoid any "dealers" who try to lowball you that much.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
I've been having noticeably more difficulty moving expensive Legacy cards. I mean, $145 for Tundra isn't an OMG SMOKING DEAL. Keep in mind that six months ago, TCG Mid for Tundra was $124. Three months ago it was $237. Now its $215.
The MTG Stocks graph for Tundra is really ugly; the gap between mid and low is almost $100, which, in my opinion, means that they're not moving.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
From what I can see, tournaments and the format are getting bigger, while prices are dropping. A little bit of recoil from prices getting jacked up too high, but mostly ... China, my man, puttin' in work, printing those lovely sheets.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
hands up if your LGS is looking to move ZEN fetches since the Khans info...
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
warfordium
hands up if your LGS is looking to move ZEN fetches since the Khans info...
What Khans info?
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Iguess that it is a wedge block?