Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
H
What I wouldn't give to have that Wasteland art without all of the new border changes...
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
H
Another Judge Wasteland? No other Legacy/Vintage staple? Fuck that and give us Imperial Seal, Grim Tutor, Yawgmoths Bargain or the like.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Undomian
What I wouldn't give to have that Wasteland art without all of the new border changes...
You're so right. My initial reaction to the card was 'bleh', but with the old school border it'd be a damn good looking card I think.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lemnear
Another Judge Wasteland? No other Legacy/Vintage staple? Fuck that and give us Imperial Seal, Grim Tutor, Yawgmoths Bargain or the like.
Why do you want Bargain reprinted? There's already a foil version, and it's a cheap card. And it's in the Reserved List.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
JohnGalt
Why do you want Bargain reprinted? There's already a foil version, and it's a cheap card. And it's in the Reserved List.
I'm one of the new-boarder-only-for-conform-look freaks.
Seriously, why should Damnation or Dualcaster Mage get a fucking Judge Promo? Damnation has a new-boarder foil printing and Dualcaster is just crap without Eternal potential. It's not that they picked Containment Priest or Councils Judgement which at least see some play if it's all about foil versions of Commander set cards.
I can't really say, I hate the wasteland art. I just don't get comfortable with the frame
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lemnear
I'm one of the new-boarder-only-for-conform-look freaks.
Conformist! :tongue:
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lemnear
Seriously, why should Damnation or Dualcaster Mage get a fucking Judge Promo? Damnation has a new-boarder foil printing and Dualcaster is just crap without Eternal potential.
Damnation as a judge promo means it is unlikely to be printed in MM2 or an upcoming set. Casuals have been clamoring for a reprint for quite a while now. Damnation makes sense here (if there are no plans for a standard reprint). Dualcaster Mage puzzles me though... I'd think True-Name Nemesis is on more people's wishlist for commander-cards-with-no-foil-printing.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Ace/Homebrew
Conformist! :tongue:
Damnation as a judge promo means it is unlikely to be printed in MM2 or an upcoming set. Casuals have been clamoring for a reprint for quite a while now. Damnation makes sense here (if there are no plans for a standard reprint).
Dualcaster Mage puzzles me though... I'd think
True-Name Nemesis is on more people's wishlist for commander-cards-with-no-foil-printing.
Damnation is a EDH card and the demand for it, even in foil, is marginal. I expect the card to end up like Minds Desire as a 10€ card. I agree that TNN would have made Legacy people happy, but alone the fact that Feldon and not Titania is the Legends pick makes it clear, that their focus for Judge Foils isn't Legacy/Vintage or even Modern anymore, but the EDH ... pardon ... Commander crowd.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
I believe Imperial Seal, Grim Tutor and Mana Drain are in the works.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lemnear
Damnation is a EDH card and the demand for it, even in foil, is marginal.
Damnation is an EDH card, but the demand for it is not marginal. It is a $40 dollar card with foils around $90. EVERY EDH ... pardon ... Commander (:wink:) deck that is in :b: but not :w: runs a copy or wants to but can't afford it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lemnear
I expect the card to end up like Minds Desire as a 10€ card.
Ugh...
Google, what is the euro symbol? Okay that matches...
Google, how much is 10 of those? Huh... $11, go figure.
I suspect the card will settle $5-10 lower than it's current price, and the judge foil will be comparable or a few bucks higher. Pack foil price won't change much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lemnear
I agree that TNN would have made Legacy people happy, but alone the fact that Feldon and not Titania is the Legends pick makes it clear, that their focus for Judge Foils isn't Legacy/Vintage or even Modern anymore, but the EDH ... pardon ... Commander crowd.
Keep in mind who these cards are for! *WARNING* I'm making up statistics because it is easier than conducting a formal study and these are guaranteed to support the point I am making. /*WARNING* Something like 100% of judges play EDH.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
death
I believe Imperial Seal, Grim Tutor and Mana Drain are in the works.
Wouldn't surprise me.
Edit: Would be even funnier if they made a mock death notice for R&D getting hit by a bus on April 1st.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
death
Grim Tutor
I'm expecting this since Imperial Recruiter in every new commander/judge print...
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
death
I believe Imperial Seal, Grim Tutor and Mana Drain are in the works.
Drain is on the Reserved list, but since they started to include a Portal 3 Kindoms card in every of the last few Judge Promo announcements, speculating on Imperial Seal is valid.
@Damnation
The price has no legitimation as so many EDH cards have since the format became an official format called Commander and the prices quadrupled. Dack Fayden is 300$ in FOIL and even cards considered completely unplayable in other formats now cost serious money. Have you looked up Karmic Guides in FOIL? Jesus Christ! The whole Commander format is a single artificial pricebubble without related demand.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lemnear
The whole Commander format is a single artificial pricebubble without related demand.
I'm going to assume your area isn't big into casual. In which case you have no way of knowing you are wrong... but EDH's popularity will outlive Legacy's. I'm not saying that due to liking one over the other. EDH is playable among the masses regardless of the Reserved List (can't get a copy of Damnation, sucks for you buddy. You have to use Mutilate instead). The Reserved List is a realistic threat to Legacy's long term viability. EDH is also a cash cow for WotC now (Commander... ugh). Again, I am not saying EDH>Legacy, just that EDH will be around longer as a viable format. And I am again basing that on statistics I made up, but are also correct.
Edit: INB4 but Damnation isn't on the Reserve List!
Substitute Underground Sea and Watery Grave for Damnation and Mutilate if you have a problem with me using the phrase "reserve list" in a sentence without referencing cards that are actually on it... my point is the same.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lemnear
@Damnation
The price has no legitimation as so many EDH cards have since the format became an official format called Commander and the prices quadrupled. Dack Fayden is 300$ in FOIL and even cards considered completely unplayable in other formats now cost serious money. Have you looked up Karmic Guides in FOIL? Jesus Christ! The whole Commander format is a single artificial pricebubble without related demand.
Wasn't foil Karmic Guide a fad before sanctioned EDH? And isn't Dack's price more related to Vintage and being a special set?
p.s. I'm not being snide. I'm honestly wondering.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lemnear
Drain is on the Reserved list
Nope
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lemnear
Drain is on the Reserved list
Just like Karakas and a bunch of other uncommons :eyeroll:
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
[random comment about a random card appearing on reserve list although the card is not on the list]
That Wasteland art is weak.
Also, I'd love to see some real numbers on EDH community, but even without them I'm pretty sure that most of what Ace wrote is right.
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Dude, Feldon of the Third Path is busted in half...AND he's a Tiny Leader
/sarcasm
I only wish they would update Karakas with art that doesn't suck. I am forced to rock the original Karakas because foil printing is THAT bad.
Also a shame they won't do literary quotations anymore, case in point: Wasteland
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
iamajellydonut
Wasn't foil Karmic Guide a fad before sanctioned EDH? And isn't Dack's price more related to Vintage and being a special set?
p.s. I'm not being snide. I'm honestly wondering.
yes and yes