I saw that, nice job! Did you find Trinket Mage as a 1 of good or bad? I always kind of figured it at least a 2 of to be worth it, but I don't play UG so perhaps it being a pseudo 1 extra copy of relevant targets is fine?
Printable View
that's pity my favorite repeal lost a power for flipped and transformed cards with new rules but still great for my tools don't cry:cool:
Ok going to try to do this from my phone.
So round 1 vs. U/r delver 1-0
Game one i am able to get a primetime down fast ebough to gain me life and get me out of bolt range, he sees no price of progress and i play emrakul the following turn.
Game 2 he play price for 8damage then a second one which i can flusterstorm. I play a primetime but am only at 5 life he has 2 delvers one unflipped he untaps and dosent reveal. I am able to land a emrakul next turn and win.
Round 2 vs storm 2-0
So he keeps a no lander and dosent draw a land for multiple turns i land a ugin and kill him with it (better lucky sometimes)
Game 2 he kills me on turn 2 i cant fo anything as he diressed my warping wail
Game 3 i have a ton of counters but he duresses and cabals them away for the most part, he goes off with ad nasuem but his obly mana source is a chrome.mox which i trickbind and he has to wait a turn to play it i draw a land for turn only card is show and tell in hand with a top in play l. He goes off again cabals me forgets i have show and tell and names force. He plays everything sacs lions eye in response and i sac fetchland and spin my top which luckily i get a force in my top 3 draw it and force his tutor. I play kozilek and thats game... lucky!!!!
Round 3 vs dark maverick 3-0
Pretty easy games even though he goes through 3-4 wastes labds. A game inhave crop for 2 of them and show and tell primes both games which pulls me ahead
Round 4 shardless
3 insane games which so much happened i cant remember it all. Game 3 we both mull to 5 he hymns me and i get runner runner show and tell prime time and slowly pull ahead cast kozilek and seal the game. With 2 minutes left in round
Round 5 aggro loam
Waste locked game 1 and 3 matchup is very hard
Round 6 uw stonebkade
He dosent do kuch kozilek seals up both games at one point he councils judgment my kozilek i counter pitching show and tell, it felt good lol
Round 7 id
Top 8
Round 1 aggro loam
Game 1 i win through a long boting match
Games 2 and 3 i have no chance he has lilly and waste locks me plus dark depths kills me pretty quick
Trick bind was fun but no as good as i thought, warping wail came in almost every game. I want the deck to speed up and have a list im working on with intuition and loam as back up plans
So I've been tweaking and tuning a list to prepare for GP Columbus, and it's still going to be a work in progress all the way up to the event, but I think I'm getting close to a final 75. I was playing UG for the longest time, but thanks to Morden I've tried the white splash for Terminus and Swords to Plowshares and it's really evened up some matchups for me (Elves, Eldrazi, Infect even feels better although I haven't played it as much) and it's even been relevant elsewhere.
I took this list below to a 64 person legacy event in Toronto on Saturday, 1st prize was a MP-HP Time Walk, with credit prizing through top 8 and additional credit through top 16. I ended up going 3-2-1 in this event (was exactly 6 rounds with cut to top 8). I started off strong but then had some trouble in the middle and couldn't win my last match which would have put me in 9th (the draw in round 4 really screwed me since the cut to top 8 was clean @ 14 points). Anyways, decklist below and then rounds/matchups after.
Decklist (Decked Builder): http://decks.deckedbuilder.com/d/182859
Creatures (7)
4 Primeval Titan
1 Platinum Emperion
1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
Spells (28)
1 Expedition Map
1 Swords to Plowshares
2 Candelabra of Tawnos
2 Crop Rotation
2 Swan Song
3 Pithing Needle
4 Brainstorm
4 Sensei's Divining Top
4 Show and Tell
3 Terminus
2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
Lands (25)
1 Cavern of Souls
1 Eye of Ugin
1 Flooded Strand
1 Forest
1 Island
1 Karakas
1 Savannah
1 Tundra
2 Vesuva
3 Tropical Island
4 Cloudpost
4 Glimmerpost
4 Misty Rainforest
Sideboard (15)
1 Bojuka Bog
1 Glacial Chasm
1 Swords to Plowshares
2 Flusterstorm
2 Relic of Progenitus
2 Trinisphere
3 Krosan Grip
2 Thought-Knot Seer
1 Platinum Emperion
[1-0] Vs. Lands (2-0):
Game 1: I kept a hand with Pithing Needle and played it out turn 1, on Wasteland naturally. I had the play so it came out blind, and ended up being incredibly relevant, as it absolutely is in the lands matchup. Game 1 was super close, with her putting the Dark Depths/Thespian Stage combo on the field and me looking with my Sensei's Divining Top for answers. I managed to find one in a Terminus, but Life from the Loam had been going since the start (T1 Gamble for it), so it came back online and I had only bought myself a couple of turns. Thankfully Platinum Emperion showed up and was able to lock the game up for me.
Sideboarding:
-2 Swan Song
-2 Brainstorm
-3 Terminus
+3 Krosan Grip
+1 Swords to Plowshares
+2 Relic of Progenitus
+1 Bojuka Bog
Notes:
Krosan Grip comes in for Chalice of the Void. 1 drops are important here, namely Crop Rotation, and Swords to Plowshares (for the Marit Lage token). Relic and Bog come in to interrupt the Loam engine, which ended up winning the game for me in game 2. Terminus is not where I want to be against Lands, so it gets cut. Brainstorm is the interesting part, and I'm not sure I was correct, but I knew the cards I wanted to bring in and needed 2 more out, and since Chalice can be hard to play around, having Brainstorms gumming up my hand isn't a good idea if I can't cast them, plus I don't necessarily need the draw as much and I'm not setting up Terminus so I felt that was the right cut. I may be wrong, and I wouldn't mind hearing feedback, but it ended up working out, so I'll probably do the same thing in the future even just so I know.
Game 2: Opponent mulled to 5, I kept 7 with a Needle and a Top and some lands (and possibly other cards I don't exactly remember). Anyways, she leads out with 2 Mox Diamonds and Gambles (she said she Entombed..which she did because she had no cards after the Gamble) and dropped Life from the Loam into the yard. She dredged some half-way useful lands but I bogged her graveyard a couple of turns later and accelerated into Eldrazi and mopped it up. Game 2 was *much* easier than Game 1. Pithing Needle the Allstar of course, as my opponent mentioned (she said it seemed easy for me, because of them).
[2-0] Vs. Burn (2-1):
Game 1: I lost this game pretty handily, I didn't know what I was up against coming in and the hand I had just wasn't enough to get there.
Sideboarding:
-1 Cavern of Souls
-3 Pithing Needle
-2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
-1 Terminus
+1 Glacial Chasm
+1 Platinum Emperion
+1 Swords to Plowshares
+2 Flusterstorm
+2 Trinisphere
Notes:
I can't actually remember exactly what I brought out, the Terminus might have been a top. I'm not sure. Anyways, Platinum Emperion is obvious, card is a house in this matchup. Flusterstorm comes in to just fade a bolt early on - or potentially get a Price of Progress. Trinisphere can (and did in g3) shut him down completely. Swords to Plowshares helps clean up some of the board so they don't get continual damage. Glacial Chasm is a safety net. Cavern comes out because I don't need the effect. Pithing Needles do effectively nothing (I don't really care about Lavamancer enough to keep them in), Ugin is too slow and Terminus isn't really what I want to be doing even though it helped in game 2.
Game 2: I flounder early, mulligan to 6 and a Glacial Chasm on top so I keep it there. I end up getting chasm out on T3 from 15, next turn I play a glimmerpost(down to 13 then up to 14. I have a candle in hand and I'm looking through the top for answers to stabilize since Chasm only works so long. I let chasm take me to 4, then play Vesuva copying the cavern. I have a Platinum Emperion in hand and just enough to play it the next turn off a tapped cloudpost if I play a candle this turn. For some reason, my opponent completely punts by not aiming a full grip of burn spells at the emperion, until I manage to Emrakul out of it. He realizes while sideboarding/shuffling that he could have just killed it, but he was worried about a counterspell potentially too. I did have a pair of Swords to Plowshares backing it up, which would have given me a buffer, but it was close.
Game 3: I mulled to 6 into a Trinisphere and double Cloudpost, and Candle. He mulled to 6, led out with mountain, chain lightning. I'm at 17. I drop Flooded Strand and pass. Mountain, Swiftspear, attack and bolt. In response to the bolt I fetch (16) and hit Swiftspear with Swords to Plowshares. The bolt resolves and I go to 13, which is the last time he'll hit me. I drop cloudpost and pass, and the swiftspear that he drops without spells eats another Swords to Plowshares in the attack phase. He didn't have a third land, so it was even sweeter to untap, play cloudpost and drop Trinisphere. Eye of Ugin into Ulamog to eat his lands 2 turns later got the concession and I let out a huge sigh of relief.
[2-1] Vs Omni-Tell (0-2):
Game 1: I almost won this game, hilariously enough. He won the dice roll, and Gitaxian Probes me to become incredibly confused (and the match at table 1 next to us was looking over since they got deck-checked and were also incredulous). My hand was something like Show and Tell, Terminus, Top, Tundra, Cloudpost, Needle. So they were thinking some sort of UW Post. But I knew my opponent was on Show and Tell (just wasn't positive if Sneak or Omni) so I kept the hand because it was pretty solid (I might actually be remembering the hand wrong). Anyways, I manage to accelerate this game and cast Ulamog, removing 2 of his lands and threatening lethal (he had gitprobed and fetched a bit). He can't seem to find any cards, and does a Release the Ants with an Emrakul sitting on top. This game was pretty crazy and I can't remember the exact sequence, but RTA didn't kill me, only took me to 15, and Swords to Plowshares on my Prime Time took me back to 21, so I could survive an Emrakul hit. But I couldn't survive the 2nd one.
Sideboarding:
-3 Pithing Needle
-4 Show and Tell
-1 Platinum Emperion
-1 Swords to Plowshares
+2 Flusterstorm
+2 Thought-Knot Seer
+3 Krosan Grip
+2 Trinisphere
Notes:
Thought-Knot Seer is a house against Omniscience, especially if I have one in hand alongside Krosan Grip - since the trigger gives me the opportunity to remove the Omniscience without them having sorcery-speed priority to cast Emrakul. Pithing Needle is useless, Show and Tell is suicide, Swords to Plowshare is also useless and Platinum Emperion doesn't do anything versus Emrakul. Flusterstorm is great against Omni-Tell and Krosan Grip can get rid of Omniscience, but it's tricky as I mention above since they have a chance to cast Emrakul if they have him - however if they go for Enter the Infinite to grab him, you can nab it then, or off TKS trigger. Trinisphere is also amazing against them, very hard for them to beat if you can land it.
Game 2: I keep a hand with Krosan Grip, Thought-Knot Seer, 2 lands, Flusterstorm and 1 other card. He Gitaxian Probes me on turn 1 and sees this. I end up Flusterstorming a draw spell on his turn 2 since once I drop 3 mana he'll have it and I don't want to have flusterstorm dealt with and not have access to Krosan Grip. He casts Show and Tell on Turn 3, I drop Thought-Knot Seer and take the Omniscience out of his hand and then lose to the Emrakul he dropped on the table since he saw it coming. Whoops.
[2-1-1] Vs. Reanimator (1-1):
Game 1: Blind I drop Needle on Wasteland. This was a mistake and likely cost me the game. I had Island in my hand and Brainstorm, had I just led Island with the intent to Brainstorm at his end of turn, then I would have gotten the information out of his Careful Study (just the fact he was running it) that he was either on Dredge or Reanimator, and Needle would have came down on Griselbrand. I ended up losing to Griselbrand getting him a grip of cards, and the Tidespout Tyrant that came down after I had Karakas'd his Griselbrand.
Sideboarding:
-2 Pithing Needle
-4 Show and Tell
+1 Swords to Plowshares
+1 Bojuka Bog
+2 Relic of Progenitus
+2 Flusterstorm
Notes: I might have cut all 3 needles and also brought in Platinum Emperion, I can't remember. Graveyard hate and counters and removal come in, suicidal cards and needles aren't really as important even though it would have potentially won game 1.
Game 2: This ends up going to turns where I win by Eye of Ugin into Emrakul + Karakas, but I led off with Relic of Progenitus and Bojuka Bogged him when he tried to get me to blow it. I had a top going the whole game but was locked on top. Eventually had 2 tops going and the entire game was a long-fought draw because I didn't have any threats coming. I did Terminus his board twice, after he had gotten rid of my Relic with an Abrupt Decay (I drew off it and exiled for value). Just a very long drawn out game, but I never really felt threatened. Unfortunately I didn't have any threats on the board either.
[3-1-1] Vs. Miracles (2-0):
It was Miracles. It wasn't close. I don't need to go over the details. Although I managed to get him to think it was the Miracles mirror since I led Misty Rainforest into Flooded Strand and Brainstorm. Was kinda funny.
Sideboarding:
None. The match is that easy.
Quote: "I hadn't played against 12 Post matchup yet, it really is as bad as they say"
[3-2-1] Vs. Death and Taxes (1-2):
Game 1: He gets a board with Sword of Fire and Ice and Sword of War and Peace. He did actually have pressure for a while and got one whack in with the swords, but unfortunately you can't equip Swords to creatures that are on the bottom of your library, and Terminus gave me all the time I needed to Ulamog (removing the swords) and get the concession to game 2. Notes: Pithing Needle came down on Turn 1 on Aether Vial since he played first.
Sideboarding:
-2 Swan Song
-1 Cavern of Souls
+1 Swords to Plowshares
+1 Platinum Emperion
+1 Glacial Chasm
Notes:
Aside from a potential Cataclysm, there's nothing I want to Swan Song. Swords to Plowshares maybe...but the lifegain I get from it is usually pretty relevant. Cavern is unnecessary, swaps with Chasm. Emperion is good, removal is good.
Game 2: Phyrexian Revoker comes down with a Top on my side of the field. I activate it in response to draw, hoping he'll name something else (not that he should) but it comes down on SDT and I have another one in my hand already that I drew on turn 1 in addition to the one that was in my opener so I had effectively mulliganed. I wasn't able to stop the creatures quickly enough and my Chasm got flickerwisp'ed for him to get the kill.
Game 3: I mulliganed a one lander (blue) with 2 brainstorms and some other ok-ish cards that in hindsight I maybe should have kept. Chance of getting brainstorm locked without lands, but instead I kept a very clunky 6 and just wasn't able to find a terminus or anything to save me. My Emperion I did play got flickerwisped and I lost. Death and Taxes IS NOT that bad of a matchup, I didn't mulligan or play it very well in game 3 specifically. I think I just got too cocky here. It's not a cakewalk unless I get the right hand, but it's by no means as terrible as some of you make it out to be. Maybe that's just because I have access to Show and Tell which cheats past their tax effects, I'm not sure.
Anyways, I'm pretty confident in this list, although I want to find a slot to bump the Crop Rotations up to 3. I don't see them quite enough and the 3rd copy should do what I want. I'm thinking I might cut a Show and Tell since I don't usually want them in multiples unless I'm trying to force through countermagic. I potentially might cut a Sensei's Divining Top for it also though, the card is good but really not that great in multiples and I'm tired of spinning into them.
Any feedback or criticism is always welcome.
It's in jest, but I can't remember if I actually sideboarded or not. The Krosan Grips could come in to deal with Counterbalance and the Swords to Plowshares could come in to deal with Monastery Mentor. I guess going out would be Platinum Emperion, not sure what else. Maybe Pithing Needle could come out since the only real target is Sensei's Divining Top which you probably don't want to hit since it's good for you as well if you get it on the board, and the CounterTop lock is almost irrelevant anyways. It's just really not needed. Miracles is super easy.Quote:
Sideboarding:
None. The match is that easy.
When I'm in green, I almost always board out Crop Rotation against Miracles. The 1-mana spells you need to resolve are Expedition Map and Sensei's Divining Top. The fact that they can counter your 1-drops so easily makes Crop a huge liability, especially since your main objective against Miracles is to just make your land drops and win.
Also, respect Miracles. It's one of the best decks in the format, and for good reason. Mentor makes your life sad in a hurry, and if they run Venser, they can actually lock you out of the game by bouncing Cloudpost repeatedly.
There are plenty of targets for Pithing Needle, the most obvious being JACE, THE FREAKING MIND SCULPTOR. Also, naming Top is perfectly reasonable, as it hurts them a hell of a lot more than it hurts us (and it hurts me zero now that I've gone Topless). Putting Needle on a fetch is also a respectable play, as they rely on fetches more for card selection as they do for mana fixing.
Very nice list Corazu :D
some notes:
1) why didn't you side out the cavern of souls against lands? instead of one brainstorm maybe.
2) I would have kept swan songs against D&T, cataclysm is gg for them. I find emperion pretty useless against deck with StP or Liliana, I prefer to side out them. Glacial chasm is for fast deck and I don't want to sac a land against a deck that has port and wastelands. I think against D&T terminus is very good, and, most of all, krosan grip. With songs+terminus+krosan you can handle basically everything they had.
3) 3 krosan is a MUST against miracle. some of them play back to basics, that is much much much worst that blood moon, so we must be sure to destroy it as soon as possible.
Has anybody else encountered Miracles boarding into From the Ashes?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Went 3-1 yesterday with a x3 Thing in the Ice build. Definitely upping that to 4, with my only loss being to high tide, when the player who I lost to convinced me to drop my sb'd flusterstorms for blue elemental blasts /palm. Will post a list in a few.
Most of the miracles decks I've played against recently have been playing 1x Blood Moon or Back to Basics. I have been ruination'ed out of miracles at a SCG open, because that person had a lot of 12post in his local metagame. They are just trying to metagame against you and other greedy manabases in your local metagame. Sacred ground does beat FTA, if your running white.
Here is the list I would've run that night had I realized TitI was so bonkers, and my teammate not convincing me to drop my hate against his deck specifically:
// Lands
4 [MR] Cloudpost
2 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
1 [LG] Karakas
1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
4 [SOM] Glimmerpost
1 [WWK] Bojuka Bog
2 [ON] Island (1)
4 [R] Tropical Island
1 [IA] Glacial Chasm
1 [M10] Forest (1)
1 [TSP] Vesuva
// Creatures
1 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
4 [M11] Primeval Titan
4 [SOI] Thing in the Ice
// Spells
3 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
4 [UL] Crop Rotation
4 [5E] Brainstorm
2 [US] Show and Tell
3 [GP] Repeal
2 [FRF] Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
4 [OGW] Warping Wall
3 [OD] Moment's Peace
// Sideboard
SB: 3 [OGW] Thought-Knot Seer
SB: 3 [TSP] Krosan Grip
SB: 3 [NPH] Surgical Extraction
SB: 3 [JGC] Flusterstorm
SB: 3 [TSP] Trickbind
[QUOTE=Rock Lee;944565]Here is the list I would've run that night had I realized TitI was so bonkers, and my teammate not convincing me to drop my hate against his deck specifically:
I've been toying with the thing myself. Went with AS and down on SDT, probably not the best choice, but the card itself is really good. I don't like lists playing less than 3 SnT just doesn't feel right. The card is too good and wins too many times to be a 2x in the deck? i would like to run ugin but because of the poor interaction with SnT i didn't take him to a live event yet.