Originally Posted by
mujadaddy
Thanks for the response! I saw Regisaur, and he's a big boi for sure, but Plague Reaver looks like it's set up to abuse Ensnaring Bridge maybe? I'm not quite ready to go all-in on that.
Saw the Opposition Agent interactions,but put her in my 'side' once I saw how much they cost lol. Ashiok seems like matchup specific too: I get prevent defense, but am building up my jank-core before I worry about tiering the meta. And no, Im not considering Big Lil for more than a "4-finisher" -- top decked out of gas draw like the monarchy jank: supports what youre already doing (and besides costing more, I like it in Pox more than 3-Lil)
Cling to Dust. Glad you brought it up, looks very strong, cheap easy draw. Not sure I even think it opposes in a [2 Cling, 1 Tombs] configuration. Do people run 4? IIRC I only saw 2-ofs in the last few lists that use it.
Interestingly, the top versions of Pox I can throw together seem to only be $50-60 on MTGO. 3-Lil at $65+ each makes paper more of a 'goal acquisition' haha. Like 4-waste Crucible, I'm just not there yet ;)
Speaking of Karn. Yuck! That's a totally different deck, built for the meta. I could see a BETTER Black Artifact deck using him, but "hose a set of artifact strategies" is a boring reason to use him. He doesn't cause damage or discard, he stops artifacts. I definitely defer to meta considerations, but I think that Karn isn't the way I like to see my deck play.
Anyhow, I like the way the 60 I made last night draws, so I'm ready to get some practice in! Thanks.