Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Megadeus
Less than 4 wasteland makes me cry. For every game double waste screws you on colors it probably simply wins other games. I think this new BW fast land is sweet in this deck. I played two isolated chapels. I don't know if anyone else has though
I had issue with draw too many wastelands when I didn't need it. I have heavy color with Mirran, Liliana and tidehollow sculler. 3 wastelands is fine.
My old list had Stoneforge and Tidehollow. If Grim Flayer goes in the deck, then I need all the colors.
Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to wasteland. However, yeah since your build is very color heavy I can see why you would shave one. Grim flayer is interesting. Let's you dig deeper for answers while getting delirium. Hey maybe u could fit it more gy cards like dark blast.
Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Wilkin
I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to wasteland. However, yeah since your build is very color heavy I can see why you would shave one. Grim flayer is interesting. Let's you dig deeper for answers while getting delirium. Hey maybe u could fit it more gy cards like dark blast.
We have already Lingering Souls that is good to get to the graveyard. ;) Dark Blast can be in the deck if it's good in the meta.
Tidehollow Scruller is a creture and artifakt so he is good to have in the graveyard.
I will try to get two of them and play with them tomorrow.
Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
Grim Flayer report here!
I only got one Grim Flayer so I didn't play him much.
The one time I got to cast Grim and he was good.
The oppoment was infect and i was on play.
Turn one land go
Op turn land elf go
I could play Dark C or Grim. Grim is a 2/2 so he would live the day if he and the elf died.
I play Grim. My oppment attack. Grim got -1/-1.
After that I took controll of the game with a Grim always attack and digging what I want. Deliruim was easy to get and I could discard the top three once with 2 lands and a Cannoist that didn't do anything
I have to play with that Card more. I will rebuild my deck for the two Grim Flayers. :)
Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
We got an one-sided Eidolon! But at 3CC...:frown:
Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Tokugawa
We got an one-sided Eidolon! But at 3CC...:frown:
Deathrite Shaman
This one survives Massacre too so basically we should never lose to storm again ever
Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
Might have to pick up scrublands again if they're going to continue to make retarded white creatures.
Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
Quote:
Originally Posted by
maharis
Deathrite Shaman
This one survives Massacre too so basically we should never lose to storm again ever
Nice! Anti-Burn tech!
Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Ganfar
Nice! Anti-Burn tech!
Eh. Only a little. Searing Blaze is still a major problem. It's strong vs any of the combo chain decks though.
Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Megadeus
Might have to pick up scrublands again if they're going to continue to make retarded white creatures.
B/W Humans is turning out to be quite a tribe. Between Confidant and Thalia(s) along with Thalia's Lieutenant something like a deck could probably come together in the near future.
Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
Hi,
A new card has just been spoiled :
http://i.imgur.com/JJo8cdm.png
New toy for the deck ?
Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Cambriel
Eh. Only a little. Searing Blaze is still a major problem. It's strong vs any of the combo chain decks though.
I know. Kor Firewalker is a better creture for that matchup.
Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
I think this card is as good as the rest of the deck can be against Miracles and Eldrazi.
If you untap with 3 mana available vs. storm in this deck you probably were going to win anyway. It does solidify that matchup and help against burn/delver a little, but I still think this deck in particular would have trouble in the general metagame because Miracles and Eldrazi don't really care about this card that much.
I like the card a lot but unfortunately I just think you have to be on Abrupt Decay and Tarmogoyf right now which pushes you out of DGA and into The Rock. The faster clock of Goyf coupled with Decay to handle Mentor and CB are just too crucial.
Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
Quote:
Originally Posted by
maharis
I think this card is as good as the rest of the deck can be against Miracles and Eldrazi.
If you untap with 3 mana available vs. storm in this deck you probably were going to win anyway. It does solidify that matchup and help against burn/delver a little, but I still think this deck in particular would have trouble in the general metagame because Miracles and Eldrazi don't really care about this card that much.
I like the card a lot but unfortunately I just think you have to be on Abrupt Decay and Tarmogoyf right now which pushes you out of DGA and into The Rock. The faster clock of Goyf coupled with Decay to handle Mentor and CB are just too crucial.
I wonder why no one is really pushing Junk Rock right now? It sure did just get a bunch of tools, from Recruiter to Prelate to this new guy, even Kaya as a big 'Walker. Archetype seem strong at the moment.
Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
Quote:
Originally Posted by
H
I wonder why no one is really pushing Junk Rock right now? It sure did just get a bunch of tools, from Recruiter to Prelate to this new guy, even Kaya as a big 'Walker. Archetype seem strong at the moment.
Thalia, Heretic Cathar too. I plan on assembling it when I get some new cards in the mail and/or stop losing with Jund. Meta here is light on fast combo and Miracles so it's like midrange heaven (though we do have a very solid elves player.) There is a Deadguy player at our locals as well that I'm sure will be trying this card out.
Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
I agree completely with Maharis. I began brewing a new deadguy deck earlier when this guy got spoiled and I came to the conclusion that IF I even want him at all it's in the sideboard. I would rather have souls or new thalia over this guy almost every time unfortunately. Even if you want it against storm, there's many other 2 drop guys I'd rather have before him. If this were a 8-10 mana dork deck like maverick, maybe. Sadly only having 4 dorks he's kind of slow against storm and other combo decks pretty often and I'd rather have the card advantage that things like souls provides. Or the tempo that Thalia gives you. I mean maybe he's fine, but I'd probably rather have almost any number of Canonists before this guy.
Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
Recruiter plays a crucial role in Painters and Aluren, because it finds combo pieces.
In a deck that very very "fair", like DGA, it is just tempo-backdrawing.
Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Tokugawa
Recruiter plays a crucial role in Painters and Aluren, because it finds combo pieces.
In a deck that very very "fair", like DGA, it is just tempo-backdrawing.
I think we were talking about the new Orzhov legendary Eidelon basically
Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
The three drop I have now in the deck (Mirran Crusader) can be replace with Kambal if the meta is right.
If there a lot of green decks like BUG Mirran is the man. AB can't hit this man.
If there are combo decks and mirakel that are big in the meta Kambal is the man.
Re: [Deck] Deadguy Ale (B/w Confidant)
Just to jump in on the recent card and grim flayed ideas:
- New card looks great for legacy until you ask yourself what the hell you cut to make room for him. I could see him being in the SB. You really need to convince me about the main deck (echoing sentiments from others above me).
-Flayer stretches the manabase too much but omg the potential.
Flayer, Confidant, SFM, Liliana as the core. Then consider Bloodghast, Therapy, Souls, Darkblast, Loam as grave fodder that's still serviceable if you dump it in the grave. Just junk BWg ideas.
But of all things, I think a BW taxes list with 2-3 confidants or tidehollows is where I wanna be with the deck. Too much value and CA. Thought seize and Zealous in the sideboard with perhaps the 3 drop or a lone Vindicate is gravy.