On Saturday Andrew said he might take a car up as well...Jersey might have 2 cars for this event leaving TOGIT at 6am. =\
Printable View
On Saturday Andrew said he might take a car up as well...Jersey might have 2 cars for this event leaving TOGIT at 6am. =\
There is now a trophy for first, It says "Jupiter Games Duel for Duals Champion" and it's engraved on a trophy that's in the shape of the island symbol.
What?!? Blue sucks!!! I demand it be changed to a forest.
I demand that the trophy be nothing but an enlarged, gold-plated copy of Mogg Flunkies.
Sadly the store I got it from was not robust with options.
I got the Prized Unicorns today, and for those who have not yet seen them in person, they are damn sexy.
Also, I'm not so sure I'm happy about a 1st place trophy. The Top 8 at these usually knows each other and arranges some form of split normally. This will cancel that, and drag the tournament towards midnight.
On the other hand, it's yet another chance to dissapoint Bryant. So that's always a bonus.
I just realized this is during Harborfest. I hate you.
tariq, 1st and 2nd get two picks.
Jeez, Jim. Learn math.
Maybe third and fourth place get picks and then one is something obscure like a "sportsmanship" award? I don't know.
Maybe they will figure in with other things, if there is enough turnout, to go to the Top 16.
-Chris-
I'm leaning towards this possibility at the moment because I am expecting a big turnout. Originally it was intended so that people would have options and no one would be stuck with a play set of something that was unpopular at the given time. However I do foresee the prize being increased and the prize slots going further and further down the chain. I'll have to let you guys know before round 1 starts, sorry.
Well we have a crew coming up from Erie and we are leaving shortly for those of you lucky ones that don't have to drive very far. Look forward to slinging some legacy for the first time since Chicago.
We had an amazing 59 player turnout! We added a mox emerald to the prize pool. I will post top 8 decklists in a few days when I get an opportunity. I want to thank everyone for coming out and being as awesome as you legacy players tend to be. Can't wait for our August 22nd tourney!
who won/what deck
Merfolk with green splash, codename: 'Da Goodfolk'
'ey pal, ya sleepin wit da fishes.
Ok that answers alot. How about the player name to go along with it please. Better thought anyone know top 8?
Hollywood top 4ed with mono green stax, codename: pennsylvania traffic: no one escapes.
I don't know the names, but the top 8 decks were:
U/R/w Landstill
Thrash
Goyf Sligh
Affinity
Ichorid
Elephant Stompy
Zoo
U/G Merfolk
The field was a lot of Merfolk and Landstill with a small amount of Zoo/Goyf Sligh, Counter/Top, three AdN, and two Ichorid.
btw hollywood, congratulations on placing so high with green chalice aggro.
Thanks Parcher
1st place -Alex Bertoncini
4 Daze
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Lord of Atlantis
4 Aether Vial
4 Merrow Reejery
4 Standstill
4 Silvergail Adept
4 Force of Will
4 Cursecatcher
4 Wasteland
4 Mutavault
3 Tropical Island
3 Polluted Delta
3 Flooded Strand
4 Island
1 Merfolk Sovereign
2 Pithing Needle
SB
2 Chalice of the Void
2 Hydroblast
2 Blue Elemental Blast
3 Krosan Grip
3 Trinket Mage
1 Engineered Exposives
2 Umezawa's Jitte
2nd Place - Robert Cusick
4 Grim Lavamancer
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Figure of Destiny
3 Keldon Marauders
2 Vexing Shusher
4 Chain Lightning
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Magma Jet
4 Price of Progress
3 FireBlast
8 Mountain
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Wooded Foothills
4 Taiga
sb
3 Krosan Grip
2 Tormod's Crypt
2 Pithing needle
3 Volcanic Fallout
2 Shattering Spree
2 Red elemental Blast
1 Pyroblast
3rd Place - Michael Keller
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Elvish Spirit Guide
4 Chalice of the void
4 Tarmogoyf
4 River Boa
3 Cold-Eyed Selkie
3 Umezawa's Jitte
3 Garruk Wildspeaker
4 Trinisphere
2 Wickerbough Elder
4 Natural Order
1 Progenitus
4 Ancient Tomb
2 Pendelhaven
1 Dryad Arbor
4 Wasteland
9 Forest
sb
3 Krosan Grip
4 Choke
3 Tormods Crypt
3 Snakeform
2 Sword of Fire/Ice
4th Place - Ben Belanger
4 Fire/Ice
1 Wipe Away
1 Rushing River
4 Stifle
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Tropical Island
4 Volcanic Island
4 Wasteland
4 Daze
4 Nimble Mongoose
4 Brainstorm
4 Spellsnare
4 Ponder
2 Polluted Delta
2 Wooded Foothills
4 Force of Will
2 Flooded Strand
sb
2 Red Elemental Blast
2 Pyroblast
1 Krosan Grip
1 Pyroclasm
4 Submerge
1 Engineered Explosives
4 Disrupt
5th Place - Tariq Zahzam
4 Force of Will
4 Swords to Plowshares
4 Fire/Ice
3 Counterspell
3 Spellsnare
3 Standstill
3 Brainstorm
3 Engineered Exposives
2 Crucible Of the worlds
2 Cunning Wish
2 Wrath of God
2 Decree of Justice
2 Elspeth Knight Errant
4 Volcanic Island
3 Tundra
3 Mishra's Factory
2 Island
2 Plains
1 Tolaria West
1 Academy Ruins
2 Wasteland
4 Flooded Strand
1 Polluted Delta
1 Underground Sea
sb
1 Extirpate
1 Pulse of the Forge
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Ray of Distortion
2 Relic of Progenitus
1 Tormod's Crypt
2 Negate
3 Path to exile
3 Pyroclasm
6th Place - Damon Whitby
4 Golgari, Grave Troll
4 Stinkweed Imp
3 Golgari Thug
4 Narcomeoba
4 Ichorid
4 Putrid Imp
2 Sadistic Hypnotist
4 Breakthrough
4 Cabal Therapy
4 Bridge from Below
3 Unmask
2 Deep Analysis
3 Dread Return
4 Lions Eye Diamond
4 Cephalid Coliseum
4 Gemstone Mine
3 City of Brass
sb
1 city of brass
1 ancestor's chosen
1 unmask
2 tireless tribe
2 ancient grudge
4 firestorm
4 chain of vapor
7th place Alix Hatfield
4 Wild Nacatl
4 Kird Ape
4 Grim lavamancer
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Qsali Pridemage
2 Knight of the Reliquary
4 Lightning Bolt
3 Chain Lightning
3 Path to Exile
3 Price of Progress
2 Fireblast
2 Sylvan Library
3 Horizon canopy
4 Wooded Foothills
4 Windswept Heath
1 Bloodstained Mire
3 Taiga
2 Plateau
1 Savannah
1 Mountain
1 Forest
1 Plains
sb
3 Krosan Grip
2 Vexing Shusher
2 Choke
2 Volcanic Fallout
2 Umezawa's Jitte
2 Red Elemental Blast
1 Path to Exile
1 Price of Progress
8th Place -James Orr
4 Master of Etherium
4 Aether Vial
4 Ornithopter
4 Arcbound Ravager
4 Frogmite
4 Cranial Plating
4 Disciple of the Vault
4 Chromatic Star
4 Myr Enforcer
4 Thoughtcast
4 Springleaf Drum
4 Mishra's Factory
4 Seat of the Synod
4 Vault of Whispers
4 Great Furnace
sb
3 Smother
3 Pithing Needle
2 Chalice of the Void
3 Relic of Progenitus
1 Progenitus
2 Winter Orb
1 Sun Droplet
Thanks Eli.
Good event, Did anyone else notice a severe lack of counterbalance decks?
I played faeries w/ counterbalance round 1, other than that I don't think I saw any.
I hadn't seen any green stompy lists run river boa before, I guess islandwalking creatures that regenerate are good.
Yeah, come to think of it I didn't see any CB o_o.
Apparently it's not needed to beat combo anymore though. Forests do it just fine.
I played UGW CB and did fairly well. I went 3-2-1, if I didn't lose the last round I had a good shot at top 8ing.