Re: All B/R update speculation.
Just because some random dude wrote an article for SCG doesn't mean unbanning MM is okay - at all.
1. The main reason of it being mandatory isn't gone and will never go away.
2. It boosts blue decks even further and we already have a ridiculous amout of blue decks in format.
3. Snapcaster exists now.
Re: All B/R update speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Dia_Bot
But I don't think It's a fun card and it doesn't open up any new decks or archytypes
Deedstill, NO RUG. These decks were insanely powerful during that era. If you didn't recognize these decks during the MM era, you were probably not going deep enough.
I would also rather see MM stay banned (and honestly, it will stay banned) but not acknowledging said decks is a mistake.
Re: All B/R update speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Julian23
Deedstill, NO RUG. These decks were insanely powerful during that era. If you didn't recognize these decks during the MM era, you were probably not going deep enough.
I would also rather see MM stay banned (and honestly, it will stay banned) but not acknowledging said decks is a mistake.
I must admit you are right. I somehow totally forgot about those decks when making that statement. The "not fun" part however stays true.
Re: All B/R update speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Arsenal
Mental Misstep greatly reduced format diversity while forcing decks to run it as a 4-of (lol Goblins) just to have a fightning chance. It was certainly banworthy.
I thought Dia_Bot meant Mind's Desire.
Re: All B/R update speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bed Decks Palyer
I thought Dia_Bot meant Mind's Desire.
I'm pretty sure Goblin's Desire would break the format wide open.
Re: All B/R update speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bed Decks Palyer
I thought Dia_Bot meant Mind's Desire.
The two Mental Misstep posts immediately preceeding Dia_Bot's "it would be safe to unban" post led me to believe Dia_Bot was referring to Mental Misstep. If he was referring to Mind's Desire, I apologize.
Re: All B/R update speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Wilkin
I hope they don't unban Misstep. Man, Combo decks are hurting as it is already. Plus I hate playing against pure control decks.
I hope they don't unban it because Combo decks that win by giving you 4/4 Titans are stupid.
Re: All B/R update speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
FTW
I hope they don't unban it because Combo decks that win by giving you 4/4 Titans are stupid.
And combo.deck that put overwhelming creatures/enchantment for only 3 T2 it's not stupid?
Re: All B/R update speculation.
It's funny how legacy players defend the format by saying that it is fun and interactive and not broken, then go on the internet and bitch about how combo decks are broken.
Re: All B/R update speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Megadeus
It's funny how legacy players defend the format by saying that it is fun and interactive and not broken, then go on the internet and bitch about how combo decks are broken.
I could be wrong, but I think the prevailing sentiment is that Legacy is fun because it's both interactive and broken. That's what sets it apart from every other format.
Re: All B/R update speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Megadeus
14 of top 16 decks at SCG tonight were Brainstorm decks. Fwiw.
So, business as usual, then.
Re: All B/R update speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Zilla
I could be wrong, but I think the prevailing sentiment is that Legacy is fun because it's both interactive and broken. That's what sets it apart from every other format.
This. This is how I feel about it.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Re: All B/R update speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Secretly.A.Bee
This. This is how I feel about it.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
You don't like running Gray Ogres and Hill Giants into each other while casting terror when a Serra Angel shows up?
Re: All B/R update speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
testing32
You don't like running Gray Ogres and Hill Giants into each other while casting terror when a Serra Angel shows up?
OF course not - that's far too vanilla! IF we're not cheating into play giant spaghetti monsters and Demons that refill your hand, we're making Battering Germs and pointy sticks of doom, with the one thing you can't really stop driving a truck whilst pointing said stick at your face. OR you're drowing in horror, being ambushed in the hills and being smote by a stroke of genius. Or we unleash the fury of brain-melting therapy whilst bloodying elves and giant monsters.
Ogres and Giants running into one another whilst an Angel recoils in terror is just...meh, when compared to that.
Re: All B/R update speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Zilla
I could be wrong, but I think the prevailing sentiment is that Legacy is fun because it's both interactive and broken. That's what sets it apart from every other format.
Yes, allow me to rephrase: Legacy is fun because it's constantly innovating, occasionally interactive, when it's not, often perceived as broken. Currently meta:
TNN decks > Combo decks, Loam decks > TNN decks, Combo decks > Loam decks.
Re: All B/R update speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Darkenslight
Ogres and Giants running into one another whilst an Angel recoils in terror is just...meh, when compared to that.
I'd love to play this. Sadly, not even Limited is about Gray Ogres and such, as all the new creatures are complicated, or even if they are (nigh) vanilla, they somehow suck. Or they are not nice.And you know, Modern frame...
I even wanted to build an all-4thEd EDH, but as there's no one to play such crap with, and moreover I don't like EDH too much, I abstained.
Re: All B/R update speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
testing32
You don't like running Gray Ogres and Hill Giants into each other while casting terror when a Serra Angel shows up?
I think this is much better than people smashing each other with TNN...Actually I miss the old day, there was no tnn, no goyf...
Re: All B/R update speculation.
Nostalgia is less useful than another hole in my head. I personally hated playing with crap like Fledgling Dragon.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Re: All B/R update speculation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
GoblinZ
I think this is much better than people smashing each other with TNN...Actually I miss the old day, there was no tnn, no goyf...
I don't miss those days. I love my broken magic that is kept in check by other broken magic.
Ironically, it's those old cards that are most broken (power nine, etc).