-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Dice_Box
Also sideboard in Bant Eldrazi in Modern. The rise of Paladin is also I feel likely driving some demand.
Mainly for other decks to have instant game against the Cheeri0s deck.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
I think a lot of people are picking it up in response to the Eggs (Paladin) deck. Chalice at 0 slows that deck down until they hit a sideboard so is probably the best card you get play against them.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
Mishra's Bauble at 35+ or sold out. How many people threw this out as a jack uncommon back in the day?
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
Lol @ modern. How many modern apes scream about how expensive legacy is and then drop $150 on a playset of that fucking card?
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Megadeus
Lol @ modern. How many modern apes scream about how expensive legacy is and then drop $150 on a playset of that fucking card?
Not to mention it might get banned at some point because as free card draw, it enables degeneracy.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
whocansay
Mishra's Bauble at 35+ or sold out. How many people threw this out as a jack uncommon back in the day?
I found one lying around in my collection and sold it 2 years ago for the first $2 I could get (before Lantern and Cherri0s became big) because lol @ $2 for a jank uncommon.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Barook
Not to mention it might get banned at some point because as free card draw, it enables degeneracy.
Wizards really needs to just start (re)printing answers. They've already cut Modern from the PT and solidified their position to push Standard and Limited as the premier competitive formats; there's no reason to not try and make Modern into Legacy-lite at this point.
A balanced Daze could be:
Quote:
:1::u:
Instant
You may return a basic island you control to its owner's hand rather than pay [cardname's] casting cost.
Counter target spell unless its controller pays :1:.
A balanced Counterspell could be:
Quote:
:1::u::u:
Instant
[Cardname] costs :1: less to cast if you cast it on an opponent's turn.
Counter target spell.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Megadeus
Lol @ modern. How many modern apes scream about how expensive legacy is and then drop $150 on a playset of that fucking card?
I know I have a foil one lying around somewhere in my mom's house, in a large box of junk cards. It's probably 40 or 50 euro or so, but I can't be arsed to go look for it.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Stan
I know I have a foil one lying around somewhere in my mom's house, in a large box of junk cards. It's probably 40 or 50 euro or so, but I can't be arsed to go look for it.
I thought Europeans didn't bother themselves with that dumpster fire of a format? Is it really that much on MKM?
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
CutthroatCasual
I found one lying around in my collection and sold it 2 years ago for the first $2 I could get (before Lantern and Cherri0s became big) because lol @ $2 for a jank uncommon.
It's not in Cheerios and Lantern is better without it imo. It's home seems to be mostly in Death Zoo and as a Delirium trigger for Grim Flayer. It's not worth is asking price.
Oh and it's cute in Hardened Scales Affinity.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
CutthroatCasual
A balanced Counterspell could be:
Quote:
[Cardname] :1::u::u:
Instant
[Cardname] costs :1: less to cast if you cast it on an opponent's turn.
Counter target spell.
I feel like you have that backwards. The cost reduction should apply if you cast it during your turn.
The feel-bads for Counterspell is that an opponent can pass the turn with two untapped Islands and stop whatever you planned on doing.
If the reduction applies during your own turn, then the Counterspell is being used defensively and causes less feel-bads.
It's unlikely they print either version, but I believe mine has a slightly higher chance.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
CutthroatCasual
I thought Europeans didn't bother themselves with that dumpster fire of a format? Is it really that much on MKM?
https://www.magiccardmarket.eu/Produ...hra%27s+Bauble
Crazy, I know, but you'd better believe it.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Ace/Homebrew
I feel like you have that backwards. The cost reduction should apply if you cast it during your turn.
The feel-bads for Counterspell is that an opponent can pass the turn with two untapped Islands and stop whatever you planned on doing.
If the reduction applies during your own turn, then the Counterspell is being used defensively and causes less feel-bads.
It's unlikely they print either version, but I believe mine has a slightly higher chance.
Or we could get lucky and they print both. But at that point I would probably actually start selling out of MTG because if WotC is making 2 nearly identical spells just to fill a void in Modern, that means their design space is closing fast and the game is in danger of stagnating.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
CutthroatCasual
Or we could get lucky and they print both. But at that point I would probably actually start selling out of MTG because if WotC is making 2 nearly identical spells just to fill a void in Modern, that means their design space is closing fast and the game is in danger of stagnating.
With about 85% of new cards having the word "creature" printed on them and 80% of all mechanics being a kicker-variant, the game is stagnant for years.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
$75 flusterstorm is insanity. I mean I get it, but Christ.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Megadeus
$75 flusterstorm is insanity. I mean I get it, but Christ.
It'll probably get a reprint with the next Eternal Masters, or some other box set. Good card, that. Putting the squeeze on Mana Drain.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
keys
It'll probably get a reprint with the next Eternal Masters, or some other box set. Good card, that. Putting the squeeze on Mana Drain.
I'm hoping for the new Mind vs Might duel deck, but I'm not too optimistic we'll see a reprint for quite a while :(
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
Anyone have thoughtful thoughts on to what price the original Zendikar fetches will drop. Are they at their lowest now or will they decrease in price further? I have been waiting for the reprint to buy a few sets in a different language and want to buy at the lowest price. Thanks in advance!
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
ScottW
Anyone have thoughtful thoughts on to what price the original Zendikar fetches will drop. Are they at their lowest now or will they decrease in price further? I have been waiting for the reprint to buy a few sets in a different language and want to buy at the lowest price. Thanks in advance!
I'm waiting for the same thing.
Give it about a month. People need to first crack all the packs and open fetches. Then ebay and card shops will become inundated with supply and the price will drop.
I don't expect the drop in price to be on the same level as Khans fetches when they were reprinted, considering the supply released into the second market wont be as much, but they should drop into the mid to low $20 range at least (for Verdant and Scalding, the other 3 should dip into the teens).
The dip will be very brief though. They will slowly rise again as magic cards always do.