-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
You know we always wanted to pretend we were game designers.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
I called StarCityGames to see when they would have foil cards from EMA up for pre-sale (they typically add them the week or so before a set is released), but was told they had no intention of putting foils from the set up for pre-sale...
I've been looking around a bit to try and gauge prices for some of the 'never been foil' cards in the set and am pretty blown away at how high the prices are. As an example, Pyrokinesis is at $28 on mtggoldfish.com.
This is likely all artificial due to the fact the set is not yet available for sale, right? Foil Pyroblast can't sustain an $86 price tag for long, right? :frown:
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
so i cracked open my box just now: complete garbage. only 3 cards in the entire box are worth anything.
i almost feel sorry for the people that drop $300 cash...
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by
non-inflammable
so i cracked open my box just now: complete garbage. only 3 cards in the entire box are worth anything.
What are these cards in question? Any other highlights in your box?
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Only buy sealed product if you enjoy playing the lottery or drafting. Just buy the singles. You'll very likely spend less money and use far less packaging.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Ace/Homebrew
I called StarCityGames to see when they would have foil cards from EMA up for pre-sale (they typically add them the week or so before a set is released), but was told they had no intention of putting foils from the set up for pre-sale...
I've been looking around a bit to try and gauge prices for some of the 'never been foil' cards in the set and am pretty blown away at how high the prices are. As an example,
Pyrokinesis is at $28 on mtggoldfish.com.
This is likely all artificial due to the fact the set is not yet available for sale, right? Foil
Pyroblast can't sustain an $86 price tag for long, right? :frown:
Pyroblast is one of the best cards in eternal formats and is only just now becoming available in foil. Demand will outstrip supply on pyroblast pretty easily if this print run is quite limited as advertised. Pyrokinesis I have no idea on as it's way more niche than pyroblast is.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
SCG just put EMA foils up for pre-sale.
Pyroblast at $30
Pyrokinesis at $12
Those are prices I can wrap my head around based on availability/demand. The other prices were absolutely crazy.
(Next day edit)
Annnnnnnnd they're sold out of Pyroblast!
Pyrokinesis, on the other hand, is now at $10
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by
non-inflammable
so i cracked open my box just now: complete garbage. only 3 cards in the entire box are worth anything.
i almost feel sorry for the people that drop $300 cash...
Did you expect anything else? The lottery is a tax on those who are bad at math.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Did a draft. Got Drs, bb elf, Hymm and natural order. Got to cast a natural order to get emperor crocodile. Funniest thing I've done recently. If it wasn't 50 dollars to draft it (in AUS) I would do more.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by
sampi
Did a draft. Got Drs, bb elf, Hymm and natural order. Got to cast a natural order to get emperor crocodile. Funniest thing I've done recently. If it wasn't 50 dollars to draft it (in AUS) I would do more.
NO seems pretty weak in the draft anyway. I think it's worth playing if Croc is your best target. LOL
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by
jrsthethird
NO seems pretty weak in the draft anyway. I think it's worth playing if Croc is your best target. LOL
Yeah I just took it because it was hilarious. Well I thought so.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by
sampi
Did a draft. Got Drs, bb elf, Hymm and natural order. Got to cast a natural order to get emperor crocodile. Funniest thing I've done recently. If it wasn't 50 dollars to draft it (in AUS) I would do more.
50? Its 50-60 here in Brisy depending on where you go. Its shit. I want to play this set but I can not justify the cost. I think I will be playing this set online.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Dice_Box
I want to play this set but I can not justify the cost. I think I will be playing this set online.
And yet online, the set EV is shit.
http://kickfailure.com/wp-content/up...3/ttt_WOPR.png
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Finn
Crimhead, according to your logic, all dealers should buy infinite numbers of boxes.
Quite the opposite! My logic is based on the implicit understanding that there is a finite amount of this product available to anyone.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Dice_Box
50? Its 50-60 here in Brisy depending on where you go. Its shit. I want to play this set but I can not justify the cost. I think I will be playing this set online.
Local store is doing $35 drafts. I don't know the payouts though. I'm meeting a friend there to pick up or preorder boxes and to playtest Legacy for EE4, but he has to leave earlier than me. I might bite depending on how the payout is.
Also registered for a EMA Sealed PPTQ on Saturday for $75.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Local store here has $35 drafts, but payout is in current sets only, so it'll just be a value draft with a few games for fun.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Yeah around Denver I'm mostly seeing PPTQs and GPTs running in the $90 range. Only seen a couple places running just normal drafts, and no casual sealed so far.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
I'm happy with my box of EM. Going to be drafting it in a couple hours.
Pulled nonfoil Force of Will, Sneak Attack, Vampric Tutor, Entomb, Sinkhole, Enlightened Tutor, and Deathrite Shaman.
Foil of Enlightened Tutor and Pyroblast.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
My LGS is selling packs at MSRP, six pack max. Good on them.