Hey yespuhyren,
I was playing my list yesterday (although multiplayer casual - along with Goblins, Modern non-combo Pod and Budget 12-post (it resembled like Modern pre-banning) and I find that
Solitary Confinement is awesome at buying time. Though I was skipping my draw phases, I was able to put down enough Plains onto the field (although making sure I don't go over my opponents). When I ran out of Plains in the deck, then I sacrificed Solitary Confinement hoping to draw into a bomb. Sure it did I drew a
Humility and it was easier for me there.
The that wasn't really acceptable in a real tournament, it could theoretically work out. My main concern now is I'm divided between
Solitary Confinement and
Island Sanctuary.
Here are the Pros and Cons
Solitary Confinement:
Pros:
- Can also act as a
Leyline of Sanctity
- Can also stop islandwalk and flying.
Cons:
- You have to be dedicated to it
- Costs one more mana
Island Sanctuary:
Pros:
- Costs one less mana
- You can choose to draw if you have a better board position and not having Sanctuary to blow up
Cons:
- It doesn't stop Merfolk and anything flying
- It doesn't stop
Siege-Gang Commander flying goblins at you.
- Not quite protected like Leyline
I'm wondering what should I use (two of 1-1 split, although I want to use two of one kind)
As for
Isochron Scepter, I used to love Scepter lock but I find the mana-development of the deck to be too slow for Scepter. I used to run it when I ran Quinn and my old casual list (as seen at the OP). I've ultimately removed Scepter (and Orim's Chant) for more lands and
Noxious Revival
As for Noxious Revival, not only it can recycle artifacts and enchantments, it can also set up
Terminus if you're desperate for another one, as well as
Wasteland or necessary spells.
As for sideboarding:
I wonder what your list is good against yespuhyren. Aggro is a must breeze for the deck. Now the problem is blue-based Tempo. I would imagine this deck would have a good control matchup but Counter-Top says otherwise.
I used to advocate
Trinisphere in the main but with it, the deck loses half of its efficient costing spells. Also, Trinisphere creates a different set-up. I am thinking against Tempo and Combo (storm-based) or any deck that can run in low amounts of land, Trinisphere postboard with a different setup is the way to go. Kinda like a transformational sideboard turning the deck into aggro-Stax (kinda like 8-ball decks [cheap beaters backed up with resistors (
Trinisphere). Maybe
Stoneforge Mystic package comes in (siding out
Humility?)
Share us which matchups are good and bad for your list.