I'd really love if Imperial Recruiter was in here, it is one of the few cards that is Legacy playable that I don't happen to own...
Printable View
I'd really love if Imperial Recruiter was in here, it is one of the few cards that is Legacy playable that I don't happen to own...
Filter lands would be really nice seeing as how they're expensive for now reason currently. But I'm still pessimistic that this will only drive the prices of RL cards (ie duals) way, way up while having a minor impact the released cards prices. It is going to have a gigantic effect on mtgo though which is where WOTC wants you to play all of your eternal magic anyway.
That would be nice. It would also be nice for them to print Goblin Matron so foil ones can be obtained for a reasonable amount. :tongue:
Yeah, some number of P3K cards is virtually guaranteed in my mind. Imperial Seal seems like a long-shot (not that I care, I own an English one) but it rarely sees play even in proxy Vin tage so Recruiter seems like the one that sees the most play of what's left. Probably the Red mythic, since I can't really think of what else they would do there.
Hopefully they reprint Grove of the Burnwillows too, because that is a really dumb price on it (again, not sour grapes, I don't care, I own a playset).
Sick new, I'm pumped.
I hope there's a good amount of new art, unlike Modern Masters 2015 which only had a few new arts.
Very excited to see what's in the set.
Imperial Recruiter would be awesome. Aluren is a sweet deck, and if you own Shardless BUG or BUG Delver you are most of the way to having it assembled...except for $1000 of extremely fringe, non-reserved list cards.
So is this set going to exclude stuff in the Modern cardpool? Do you think we'll see Tarmogoyf, Dark Confidant or Vendilion Clique? And when they say Vintage, do you think they'll reprint stuff like Gush and Mental Mistep and that nonsense as well?
Snow duals may be too close to actual duals , but legendary duals wouldn't be and would shave a bit the price on normal duals by removing 1-of every dual from your deck essentially. Still, this is an old discussion.
Let's ride the dilu horse boys.
MaRo has said that both Snow-Covered duals and legendary duals violate the spirit of the reserved list...
...the only spirit I hate more than the spirit of EDH.
This set better have Daze. I refuse to pay $120 for a digital playset.
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
MaRo also said that the set is all reprints in case anyone was wondering.
I'm gunning for Every Single Karakas, if reprinted!!!
I am going to blow a gasket if Goblin Matron, Settler, and Lackey aren't included. Foils (that can ever be found) please!
.
From the official reprint policy:
Technically, adding or removing super-types doesn't change a card enough to circumvent the reservrd list.Quote:
The complete list of reserved cards appears at the end of this document. Reserved cards will never be printed again in a functionally identical form. A card is considered functionally identical to another card if it has the same card type, subtypes, abilities, mana cost, power, and toughness.
Yeah, I'm a little worried what they might be scheming.
They could just be out of ideas. This set could include tarmogoyf and perhaps that's the reason they made it, to introduce more goyfs into the market without releasing back to back MMA sets. Dunno. Could have just been them listening to the playerbase for once/making a pseudo legacy/vintage masters without ABU duals.
Cards that modo players want the most in this set are probably rishadan port and misdirection. Daze too. Some really ridiculous things on modo price wise in comparison to paper.
Imperial seal would be the definition of hype but I'm not holding my breath for a card with the price tag of imperial seal in this set. It would tank the price so hard if they put it at rare or even mythic as it is quite low demand but even smaller supply since the card really isn't that good.
I'd probably live with reservedless legacy if it supplanted modern as a pro tour format/cannibalize it a la modern eating up extended.
Soooo much hype! This will be huge here in Europe where we have a solid Legacy scene!
Recruiter and Tutor are great candidates for reprint.
Filters are the best option I think.
Other P3K cards that are ridiculously expensive and Commander playable that could use a reasonable (non-Judge foil) reprint:
Capture of Jingzhou
Imperial Seal
Ravages of War
Rolling Earthquake
Three Visits
Zodiac Dragon
Let's not forget good ol' Goblin Settler from Starter '99 either.