-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
I am excited at this bringing new people in to Legacy. I am bummed that the reserved list is going to ramp up interest in the format, and then make it actually more difficult to get into most decks. I hope at least this set might have reprints to allow new folks into the format with at least a few decks, though likely mostly the mono colored ones.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Crimhead
.
Technically, adding or removing super-types doesn't change a card enough to circumvent the reservrd list.
Says who?
Once you're not reprinting exactly the same card, you're in a grey area. Presumably changing the card name is on the bad side of that grey area, but changing types doesn't seem obviously violative of the policy to me. It's all fertile ground to argue over.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by
MaximumC
Says who?
Says WotC:
Quote:
The complete list of reserved cards appears at the end of this document. Reserved cards will never be printed again in a functionally identical form. A card is considered functionally identical to another card if it has the same card type, subtypes, abilities, mana cost, power, and toughness.
http://archive.wizards.com/magic/tcg.../reprintpolicy
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Crimhead
Ah, okay. I thought you were arguing about the SPIRIT OF THE RESERVE LIST again. The definition of "card type, subtypes, abilities, mana cost, power, and toughness" is clear and unambiguous. Thanks!
EDIT: This actually reminded me about one of the hilarious consequences of the list; we cannot have certain vanilla creatures ever again. Roc of Kher Ridges means we will never see vanilla 3/3 Bird for 3R ever again. I wonder how often this comes up in design?
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by
iamajellydonut
It's gonna be Riding the Dilu Horse and Overwhelming Forced for P3K reprints.
AWW Yea, I'm bringing back Blouses!
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
I'm not sure about the P3K cards, they seem to usually reprint them as Judge foils. Most of them don't really see play except in Commander. If they reprint all the high value cards, there won't have any left for the future. I think a Mana Drain reprint would be more exciting than a Capture of Jingzhou one.
We'll probably see many Modern banned cards reprinted like Dark Depths.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by
lsho
Watery Grave
Windbrisk Heights
Wirewood Lodge
Wooded Bastion
Woodland Cemetary
Yavimaya Coast
Yavimaya Hollow
But this also confirms: no friendly coloured fetch lands (Wooded Foothills, Windswept Heath). Leaving us with:
- Something unrelated
- Shocklands (Watery Grave)
- Painlands (not realistic)
- Filter Lands (Wooded Bastion)
- Enemy coloured tap lands (Woodland Cemetary)
Wizards School from the homelands land cycle also fits in there....
Quote:
Originally Posted by
PirateKing
So is this set going to exclude stuff in the Modern cardpool? Do you think we'll see Tarmogoyf, Dark Confidant or Vendilion Clique? And when they say Vintage, do you think they'll reprint stuff like Gush and Mental Mistep and that nonsense as well?
Stuff on the Modern Baned list would be fine, but I for one hope there are no modern Legal cards in the set.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
My Top 10 "please include these Rares/Mythics besides Force and Waste":
1. Imperial Seal
2. Grim Tutor
3. Mana Drain (unlikely)
4. Imperial Recruiter
5. Karakas
6. Mana Crypt
7. Rishadan Port
8. Show and Tell
9. Flusterstorm
10. Grove of the Burnwillows
Besides the rares, I'm hoping they reprint some Uncommons that are expensive. Speaking of it, I could make a Top 10 list for that as well:
1. Aether Vial
2. Gemstone Mine
3. Cabal Therapy
4. Heritage Druid
5. Enlightened Tutor
6. Counterbalance
7. Goblin Lackey
8. Cursecatcher
9. Cabal Coffers
10. Sensei's Divining Top
And for good measure, the Commons:
1. Chain Lightning
2. Serum Visions
3. Gitaxian Probe
4. Relic of Progenitus
5. Lotus Petal
6. Daze
7. Nettle Sentinel
8. Simian Spirit Guide
9. Lava Spike
10. Terminate
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
This news has probably jump started my sell out. :(
Anyone else notice this release is the same date as GP Columbus?
source
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
After Judge FoW and Mana Drain they are going to print FoW as Mythic? Please don't collect foil counters. Don't be like me :D
Seeing Adam Prosak on the list makes me curious how many combo cards will be in this EMA. What is also interesting is how many cards will have their first appearance in foil version.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by
apple713
This news has probably jump started my sell out. :(
Anyone else notice this release is the same date as GP Columbus?
source
They don't intend to make any EMA GP's.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
If you wanna believe the guy that leaked Eternal Masters info several weeks ago (and at this point I don't see why you wouldn't), this set will include:
* Show and Tell
* Rishadan Port
* Stoneforge Mystic
* Lotus Petal
* Swords to Plowshares
* enemy fetches (Scalding Tarn, etc.)
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Good stuff. Hopefully this will attract new people to invest in Legacy :)
Also i'm so fucking glad they didn't shoehorned jace into the FoW art.
Also I agree about the P3K probably seeing some reprint. Regarding printing some cards like lotus petal as common, how would it affect Pauper?
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Just Noticed that Wizards will release EM on June 10th; that's the date of Legacy GP in Columbus, Ohio and Prague.
:cool:
Let me guess what people would be doing during that weekend.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by
twndomn
Just Noticed that Wizards will release EM on June 10th; that's the date of Legacy GP in Columbus, Ohio and Prague.
:cool:
Let me guess what people would be doing during that weekend.
I'm planning on GP Columbus even if the hosting company has had crap reviews in the past. Normally I'd spend 100% of my time doing legacy and not think twice about limited side events...but this seems like it could be a lot of fun.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by
sjmcc13
Wizards School from the homelands land cycle also fits in there....
Naturally. Everyone knows that there is high demand for Castle Sengir foils ever since Eldrazi broke out at the Pro Tour.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Crysthorn
Those are all educated guesses. I'm unter the impression that it's going to be a bit like the unpowered Legacy cube on MTGO, expect with more shitty cards.
It's probably going more to be like MM2 and have some high value mythic rares, with the rest being Limited filler crap. I hope I'm wrong, though.
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
I really, really hope they reprint dark ritual with the judge promo art. That and imperial recruiter would make my day. While I'm speculating, glimpse of nature would be cool too.
Judge dark rit for reference:
http://magiccards.info/scans/en/jr/38.jpg
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
Mana Drain, Tarmogoyf, Mishra's Factory, Sensei's Divining Top, Karakas
-
Re: Confirmed: Eternal Masters - June 10, 2016
I'm quite happy, that they decided to keep the original quote on wasteland.
I always found that to be one of the best picked lines on any card, alongside the classic "Greatness, at any cost" on Bob.