Originally Posted by
Qweerios
How is Lingering Souls too mana intensive in a deck that wants to play Opposition? Playing 6 three-drops is perfectly reasonable and even more so with Deathrite Shaman. I admit the card can be clunky in some matchups when you see multiples in your opener but you can always shave a copy. Lingering Souls is the whole reason to play white... Just replace Souls with Young Pyro if you think it's better. Also, having experienced playing both Souls and Blossoms in legacy, Blossom pales in comparison to Souls. The only matchup I would give a slight advantage to Blossom over Souls is Miracles, and even that's debatable.
FoW and Therapy are some of the most disruptive combo hate cards to have mainboard. This deck has one of the best disruption suite to handle any combo deck G1... Cutting down on FoW and Speculation in favor of Sprite is in fact weakening the deck to those matchups. If anything, try squeezing a 4th Therapy before adding janky Mental Missteps.
Can someone explain this whole "trying to do too much" thing? I understand that the deck I put forth inherently "can" and "does" a lot of things but in what way is it "trying too much"?