No, but they could be playing elves or merfolk or something.
I just don't like the lack of evasion or trample.
Also, casting cost of three makes tougher to sneak by a countertop that's hit play, which does happen once in awhile.
Printable View
Tarmogoyf doesn't have evasion, doesn't have trample. Kinda big though. Sometimes fat inevitability is enough. Am I saying wakethrasher is the new hotness? No. But with the combat change that now doesn't let morphling eat his way through blockers, it's worth testing.
Masticore though can force through combat options for smaller creatures. As the defensive player you can take out what you wish not to block. I'm wondering if Goyf/Masticore might be worthwhile to try out with the combat tricks nerf. Or Thrasher/Core, might be interesting anyway. Machine gun some of the weaker things, then get Waker tossed up.
Just throwing this out there, what about dropping the painter combo as the kill?
Don't try to get cute with the painter, just drop him and the grindstone and activate all at once.
How about Deep Sea Kraken or Dominus of Fealty?
PainterCombo takes up two cards to win, and you can't include enough cards to tutor it in MUC without completely changing the deck.
Wake Thrasher can't effectively block, so it should probably be far considered a reliable win condition in MUC.
Deep Sea Kraken isn't bad, but Stifle pwns it. Actually, may be considerable.
Dominus of Fealty is interesting, but its effect is too temporary for it to be really broken in MUC. Sexy interactions with Gargadon though.
Aren't Meloku, post-M10 Morphling, Call the Skybreaker still better than these named cards?
If you want to test new creatures, at least test Guile because I'm interested to know whether he's good in MUC.
Touche on the painter, I figured there might be enough draw in the deck, but it is what it is.
I like Kraken, too, but you'd probably have to run multiple copies of it so you could reliably suspend it mid game.
Has no one ever tried Guile? He seems like he'd be better than Skybreaker.
Hi boys I´'m new to the trhrad
I'm just bored of stifles, wastelands, moon effects and B2B ..., NO MORE ¡¡¡ just a few questions :
-Definately no brainstorms and no fetches ritgh?
-The best approach is Kira + sower ritgh?
- If anybody of you is Fahad Saleh please tell me, In my opinion is the best Mono U deck builder
I'll `post my list to see what do you think
23 Island
4 Sower of Temptation
3 Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
1 Morphling
1 Meloku
4 Force of Will
4 Fact or Fiction
4 Spell Snare
4 Counterspell
4 Force Spike
4 Vedalken Shackles
4 Back to Basics
// Sideboard:
SB: 4 Powder Keg
SB: 4 Relic of progetnitus
SB: 4 REB
SB: 3 Stifle
I love the elaegancy of this deck so much...
Really guys, i think Morphling & Rainbow Efreet & CtS is still better than these fatties i read above.
If you had the mana to makes him 5/1 then after damage on the stack 0/6, you have the mana now to makes him 5/1, fly over mongoose or whatever, then untap him and makes his 0/6 again; plus, with the new coatl, mongoose actually is getting dropped by threshold players, he is still played only on Canadian Thresh.
The real problem for MUC actually is not these new changes on the rules, but Qasali Pridemage; this is really annoying (about this, the singleton Academy Ruins is doing quite good for me lately).
The best will condition for this deck was and will be guess what yea Tarmogoyf, at least for me; actually, Shackles + Tarmogoyf; if you wanted to win attrition wars, Shackles was and is the card; maybe it's my playstyle, but i use Morph mostly as a quick finisher.
I would say the real problem for MUC is Merfolk being a HUGE prescence in the metagame. Although Pridemage is probably a must counter. All the more reason to run 4x Spell Snare.
On Morphling: It's still probably about as good as it gets for a MUC win-con (used in conjunction with CtS). Sure, you won't be able to swing into that Goyf your opponent has, instead you'll have to fly over, but if you had the mana to stack lethal on their Goyf and save your Morphling, were they going to block anyway? Doubtful. You can no longer swing into Tombstalker unfortunately, but it's popularity has waned in the past few months. It also has a big "Shackles/Sower Me!" sign on it. Anyway, Morphling is still a shrouded 5/1 Flying beater plus an 0/6 wall in the same turn. As far as I know, even with the new rules that's still good.
B2B is probably the most effective card in the deck. Dropping it after your opponent taps out is often enough to win the game.
As far as Morphling, yeah, it's probably still the best win-con, or one of the top. Like I've said, I liked using Efreet, but it lost alot of it's appeal because of the loss of damage on the stack.
Still nice for avoiding sweeping effects, though, I guess.
Soulles is Fahad... But he retired. He is selling his complete deck..
How big are the changes really? Look at his deck remove the Morphlings for CtS or even Wakethrasher( Kira can protect it.) Sure I believe Morphling was the best wincondition, but CtS is on a good #2 right?
Benie
Why you don't run Vedalken Shackles?
I'm running a similar list, but with some changes. Now i'm not sure to run Morphling with the new changes, but that was my last list i used.
24 Island
Counters:
4 Force of Will
4 Counterspell
4 Force Spike
4 Spell Snare
Draw:
2 Lu Xun, Scholar General
4 Fact or Fiction
Control:
4 Powder Keg
3 Back to Basics
3 Vedalken Shackles
2 Sower of Temptation
Beef:
1 Morphling
1 Rainbow Efreet
May I remind you that not only Morphling is nerfed, but also Rainbow Efreet loses alot of its power.
maybe this is a bit too old school, but I've been running six fetches, 1 underground sea and 1 basic swamp to support Psychatog (and engineered plague in the SB)
It's been working pretty well for me, but then again I haven't been testing it extensively as I've spent most of my time testing the Merfolk deck i'm going to be running in an upcoming irl tournament. What do you guys think of using Tog as a win con?
@ Antonius
Nerfed Morphling and Efreet are substantially better than Tog. But, even Morphling may not be worth playing.
Give CtS a try.
peace,
4eak