Originally Posted by
Illissius
Okay, so these are some good arguments for Sword of Light and Shadow in a vacuum (in addition, for some reason I was previously under the impression that it only gained two life to mirror the other Sword, so finding out that it's actually three also helps). So the next question is how the various equipment compare and how much of them to run total. I take it that SoLS is better than Jitte, going by the post above, and worse than SoFI, by the fact that most lists run more of the latter than the former. I also assume that one of the reasons old lists ran so much equipment is because there weren't enough good threats, yet you still had to run 60 cards. These days, though, there's no shortage of them. Up to what point are more Swords better than more threats? I mean, Dragon Stompy generally runs 0-2 equipment. Granted, their creatures are more threatening on their own than ours, but still. I think my main gripe with the equipment is that they're both slow / clumsy and artifacts, meaning often enough they're the card you'd most like to pitch to Chrome Mox and you can't. This is annoying. And it gets worse the more equipment you run, because odds are you'll want to get rid of Sword #2 a lot worse than if you only draw a single copy. Regardless, if you start from a base of four Swords of Fire and Ice, a Sigil, and four of each Sea Drake, Serendib Efreet, Trinket Mage, Pestermite, Sower of Temptation, and Mulldrifter, what would you cut to fit in Swords of Light and Shadow? I had assumed it was some combination of Pestermite and Sower, but going by Taco's previous post, if the worst creature in the deck is actually Serendib Efreet, would you cut some of those instead?