Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
Hey Angelo,
Welcome on the source.
May i ask your game plan against eldrazi stompy ?
I saw many of your lists, but it don't contains any specific response like back to basics / ruin to ashes / ensnaring bridge.
I can guess you side something like : - 4 cb + 2 w//t + 2 clique
Sound like a matchup you have to escape right ?
Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Discus
Hey Angelo,
Welcome on the source.
May i ask your game plan against eldrazi stompy ?
I saw many of your lists, but it don't contains any specific response like back to basics / ruin to ashes / ensnaring bridge.
I can guess you side something like : - 4 cb + 2 w//t + 2 clique
Sound like a matchup you have to escape right ?
The Eldrazi deck Is for sure a deck can do incredible things, but without chalice in play (if they didn't nuts start) Is a normal agro deck where you don't have the time to take too much damage cause later smasher. Mentor is our best card in this mu, you were near my sb plan: -4 cb- 1 ponder +2 w/t + 3 clique.
My winrate in tournament after I put ee in the maindeck 13-3. (Here in Italy is not so played, just player with no experience or that just don't want to think too much plays this deck)
Against deck with chalice I usually cut a ponder.
Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Wiky
The Eldrazi deck Is for sure a deck can do incredible things, but without chalice in play (if they didn't nuts start) Is a normal agro deck where you don't have the time to take too much damage cause later smasher. Mentor is our best card in this mu, you were near my sb plan: -4 cb- 1 ponder +2 w/t + 3 clique.
My winrate in tournament after I put ee in the maindeck 13-3. (Here in Italy is not so played, just player with no experience or that just don't want to think too much plays this deck)
Against deck with chalice I usually cut a ponder.
Hi Angelo,
Would be very awesome if we can dig your brains into some of the side-boarding options for decks like grixis/rug delver, death and taxes, TNN BUG, painter stone and even the mirror.
:tongue:
Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
And most importantly: Aluren.
Against the 4-Cavern-Harpy-List (known as BUG Aluren I guess...) I try to win as fast as possible with Mentor, do not board out CB so they waste their Decays on it and focus on casting Surgical Extraction on Cavern Harpy, which is a beast in this MU. To be fair I play discard (3 Probe, 2 Therapy paired with 3 Daze, 3 Mentor and SB 1 Therapy, 1 Thoughtseize. No red.); therefor getting a Harpy into the GY is way easier for me than for other lists. BBD suggested to even board out all Terminus. Tried it last week and in the end lost the match to a Parasitic Strix that kept attacking for two. It was just one match. Such a small sample size holds no real value when evaluating cards and SB plans, so I am curious how you approach the MU.
Glad you registered on the source. Every European with common sense knows that you are the true master of Miracles and watching you play is like a crash course on "how to play the game".
Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
How do we survive Food Chain? Pray for Terminus?
Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by
jwl3gg
How do we survive Food Chain? Pray for Terminus?
Terminus is pretty bad vs them as, if they've resolved food chain, they can just sac their creatures and cast them next turn. You basically want to blast the creatures and counter their manipulate fates. Drs, as such, is important to keep at bay.
Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
And contrary to Aluren Wear / Tear does actually stop their combo.
Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Quasim0ff
Terminus is pretty bad vs them as, if they've resolved food chain, they can just sac their creatures and cast them next turn. You basically want to blast the creatures and counter their manipulate fates. Drs, as such, is important to keep at bay.
Terminus is pretty bad vs them once Food Chain has resolved***. If there's no FC in play Terminus is probably the best removal spell as Misthollow in the yard is still a potential liability due to DRS and Gurmag Angler. STP is quite mediocre but probably necessary to a degree bc DRS.
Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by
AnziD
Terminus is pretty bad vs them once Food Chain has resolved***. If there's no FC in play Terminus is probably the best removal spell as Misthollow in the yard is still a potential liability due to DRS and Gurmag Angler. STP is quite mediocre but probably necessary to a degree bc DRS.
Yeah, that's for sure. I read his comment as, how do we interact post food chain resolution.
Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Quasim0ff
Yeah, that's for sure. I read his comment as, how do we interact post food chain resolution.
Yeah, I was just adding as an addendum. With all the talk about sideboarding Terminus out I feel morally obliged to state how good the card is lol
edit: adding as an addendum... thats redundant right
Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by
AnziD
Yeah, I was just adding as an addendum. With all the talk about sideboarding Terminus out I feel morally obliged to state how good the card is lol
edit: adding as an addendum... thats redundant right
Yeah, addendum is redundancy :p
Oh, I believe the matchup is overall fine. They are clunky, at best, and if you counter their 1U: Draw 4 cards, three going into you exile, you increase your % for winning significantly.
Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
Miracles players, what do you fear from non blue BG decks? Or, why do you think you beat them.
Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by
lavafrogg
Miracles players, what do you fear from non blue BG decks? Or, why do you think you beat them.
BGx? I guess Decay is one card we're always conscious of, though I don't know if we "fear" it so much as loathe its existence. Chalice is something to fear, Sylvan Library is something to fear, Lili is a nuisance but not really something to "fear". That's about it. We're so good against non-blue fair decks that we don't care about a lot of things if we know you won't have countermagic to back it up on the stack. Now if you want to talk splash colors, we semi-fear Teeg, want to get rid of KotR ASAP (not because of its creature-beats but more because of what its capable of in the decks that its played in).
Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by
lavafrogg
Miracles players, what do you fear from non blue BG decks? Or, why do you think you beat them.
Chains of Meth, Sylvan Library, Chandra (as the only non-blue BG deck is Jund, or only one that's playable).
Entreat is often how you beat them; Top is often why.
Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
Choke should definitely be more played in those decks .. And a one off chains sb is nice too. MD Sylvan Library (2) /Hymn :)
Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by
lavafrogg
Miracles players, what do you fear from non blue BG decks? Or, why do you think you beat them.
What're non-blue BG decks? Nic-fit? Aggro-Loam? I don't think fear is the correct word. Any cards from them that can generate card advantage or provide rule modification. Sylvan Library can generate CA. Chalice and Teeg can shutdown important cards in Miracles. I don't think they have anything to do with non-blue BG decks, they are just individually powerful cards that non-blue decks happen to run.
Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by
rancOr_
Choke should definitely be more played in those decks .. And a one off chains sb is nice too. MD Sylvan Library (2) /Hymn :)
I haven't seen a Choke in months, can't believe I forgot about that one. Yea, a well-timed Choke can be backbreaking.
Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
I'm a new miracle player. Any suggestions about streaming videos of good miracle players ?
Re: [DTB] Miracle Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by
cris_rj
I'm a new miracle player. Any suggestions about streaming videos of good miracle players ?
You can watch Lossett
https://www.twitch.tv/oarsman79
Except the replays are useless due to the muting so you've got to follow the stream and watch live.