The main reason to play this deck is its good Miracles matchup. The banning of DTT is great for this deck, as now Liliana and Hymn are both very good again.
From my phone. I do my best, dammit!
Printable View
The main reason to play this deck is its good Miracles matchup. The banning of DTT is great for this deck, as now Liliana and Hymn are both very good again.
From my phone. I do my best, dammit!
I feel as if Shardless BUG got a big upgrade, and will be extremely popular. I can't picture any current match ups getting worse, but some have definitely gotten a lot better. Aside from the mirror, Burn, Jund, and Lands, I can't picture a fair deck giving this deck problems. Of course, this is coming from an inexperienced Shardless BUG player, feel free to correct if I'm wrong because I can use that information as well. I also prefer to have two Jaces to give the deck more win conditions instead of just having Goyf.
My current list.
4 Deathrite Shaman
4 Tarmogoyf
2 Baleful Strix
4 Shardless Agent
1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor (I want two, can't figure out what to switch)
1 Liliana of the Veil
4 Ancestral Visions
4 Brainstorm
2 Thoughtseize
2 Hymn to Tourach
4 Abrupt Decay
1 Toxic Deluge
1 Maelstrom Pulse
4 Force of Will
4 Polluted Delta
4 Verdant Catacombs
2 Misty Rainforest
2 Wasteland
1 Forest
1 Swamp
3 Underground Sea
2 Bayou
2 Tropical Island
1 Creeping Tar-Pit
Sideboard
1 Pithing Needle
2 Nihil Spellbomb
1 Surgical Extraction
1 Disfigure
1 Thoughtseize
1 Hymn to Tourach
1 Sylvan Library
1 Null Rod
1 Umezawa's Jitte
1 Golgari Charm
1 Toxic Deluge
1 Krosan Grip
1 Arcane Laboratory
1 Vendilion Clique
So I'm not 100% on the meddling magen in the board. Does it take the place of hymn/seize in the board? Does it only come in against combo? What land usually comes out for the scrub/Savanah?
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Drop a Visions for Jace #2. I'm pretty sure a wasteland comes out for the in-board land and I'm fairly certain that you swap out the Strix for the mages, at least in the storm matchup.
From my phone. I do my best, dammit!
Drop Forest or Swamp for the SB dual (cut the basic that makes the nonwhite color of the dual) if you want to go on the Meddling Mage plan. Wasteland is a card you want
to use against combo if at all possible, so don't board one out.
I'd also be more inclined to trim something for the second Liliana than for the second Jace. The 2/1 split has always treated me very well.
So what would the other 10 sb cards look like aside from land+4 mages
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
It depends on your list and what you expect to play against. I can't find a list you've posted in the last few pages, so I can't really comment on how I would board in a given matchup. I've said this like five times now - I haven't found Meddling Mage to be markedly better than more discard or cards like Thorn of Amethyst. But if you're boarding hatebears in, I'd probably cut Goyfs for them against combo.
What do we do against lands?
Skickat från min E6553 via Tapatalk
My only thought on Lands is Surgical Extraction and Nihil Spellbomb.
Leyline of the Void is an option.
From my phone. I do my best, dammit!
Hey guys I have seen this list on the mother ship any thoughts of the list
STICKY53'S FOUR-COLOR SHARDLESS—1ST PLACE, MAGIC ONLINE DAILY EVENT
DECKLIST
STATS
SAMPLE HAND
SORT BY:
Planeswalker (5)
2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
3 Liliana of the Veil
Creature (15)
3 Bloodbraid Elf
4 Deathrite Shaman
4 Shardless Agent
4 Tarmogoyf
Sorcery (4)
4 Ancestral Vision
Instant (14)
4 Brainstorm
4 Abrupt Decay
3 Force of Will
3 Lightning Bolt
Land (22)
1 Badlands
2 Bayou
1 Creeping Tar Pit
1 Forest
1 Island
2 Misty Rainforest
1 Mountain
4 Polluted Delta
2 Scalding Tarn
2 Tropical Island
3 Underground Sea
2 Verdant Catacombs
60 Cards
Sideboard (15)
1 Force of Will
2 Ancient Grudge
1 Baleful Strix
1 Duress
2 Golgari Charm
2 Hymn to Tourach
3 Nihil Spellbomb
3 Thoughtseize
Yiiikes. That manabase. :cry: It hurts just to look at it. Honestly I feel like the deck is trying to Shardless-Jund and loses too much focus to be any good. Shardless is already strong against "fair" decks, so I don't think losing the discard can be a good thing. What do you have to fight combo with this list? 3 FoW? That is not enough, and unlike Delver, the clock is going to be too slow to be relevant. Obviously you pick it up Postboard, but I feel like the game 1 sacrifices being made here are too great.
I don't think the budget is the problem. It's just... 4 colors and still trying to play Creeping Tar Pit and basic Mountain? I can't stand losing to color screw, personally.
"Normal" Shardless has the following cards against Combo in the maindeck:
3 Force of Will
3 Thoughtseize
2-3 Hymn to Tourach
So that is 8-9 relevant pieces of disruption. And the discard has good synergy with Lilliana to keep their hand empty. Preventing ANT from being able to achieve critical mass is a realistic goal given that you can disrupt their GY tricks with DrShaman. I would NOT say it is a good matchup, but I would say it is at least 40% winnable game one, and that is saying something given that Shardless is easily favored, 55-60% against a lot of "fair" decks like Death and Taxes, Delver, etc. The Miracles matchup is quite strong too. I couldn't give you a percentage, but the versions playing Null Rod out of the SB look like a nightmare for Miracles. You can jump over to their thread and witness the agitation for yourself. :tongue:
1st Place at SCG Indy:
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=58122
Maindeck:
Artifact Creatures
3 Baleful Strix
4 Shardless Agent
Creatures
4 Deathrite Shaman
4 Tarmogoyf
Instants
4 Abrupt Decay
4 Brainstorm
4 Force of Will
Planeswalkers
1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2 Liliana of the Veil
Sorceries
4 Ancestral Vision
2 Hymn to Tourach
1 Maelstrom Pulse
1 Toxic Deluge
Basic Lands
1 Forest
1 Swamp
Lands
2 Bayou
1 Creeping Tar Pit
1 Misty Rainforest
4 Polluted Delta
1 Tropical Island
4 Underground Sea
4 Verdant Catacombs
3 Wasteland
Sideboard:
1 Grafdigger's Cage
2 Null Rod
3 Meddling Mage
2 Disfigure
1 Night of Souls' Betrayal
1 Hymn to Tourach
3 Thoughtseize
1 Toxic Deluge
1 Scrubland
I have to say, I really, really like this list. The only thing that strikes me as a possible mistake is the lack of Thoughtseize in the mainboard. But it could be a meta call. Obviously it was right for the tournament. I like the consistent plan and numbers. I also think 2 basics and one Tar Pit are the correct numbers for the manabase.
Trying to fit in 1 Creeping Tar Pit. What land do you recommend do remove to make space?
4Verdant Catacombs
2Misty Rainforest
3Underground Sea
4Wasteland
2Bayou
4Polluted Delta
1Tropical Island
1Swamp
1Forest
I'be been told that Wasteland isn't there to mans screw people, but to destroy key lands. With wasteland becoming a thing in opposing decks, I'm not entirely sure what else you'll need four for, other than to target Tar Pit and Inkmoth. I think cutting one for a Tar Pit is the appropriate move.
My two cents.
I'm a fan of 3 Wastes in the deck. The previous two posts are correct, you aren't playing them for the "mana screw your opponent" plan because you don't have the clock to back that up usually. You almost never want to see multiples early unless you open with Deathrite so you still have the mana to develop your threats while slowing them down. Wastes in Shardless are there for the utility lands you otherwise struggle with. Karakas, Dark Depths, Port, and all the manlands. That being said, you pretty much always want to see one in the matchups you need them in. Three feels like the correct number to me in that situation.
Thanks for the help! 3 Wastelands and one tar pit it is!
Skickat från min E6553 via Tapatalk