Originally Posted by
Hanni
Why does it need to be instant or hit fliers? What matchups were you worried about having sweepers for in the first place? I mean, Forked Bolt is probably just the better spell in the majority of cases. The times where you'd actually care to have a sweeper, being sorcery and not hitting fliers is basically irrelevant. Inkmoth Nexus is the only case I can think of where I'd actually care, and while that is certainly a matchup that is worth considering Eletrickery over Volcanic Spray, the fact that Spray can be cast twice and deals damage to players seems more relevant everywhere else.
I'd rather have Spray against Elves and D&T, it's still good against Infect, and it's decent against Grixis Delver and Czech Pile (matchups where I would not want to board into Electrickery at all).
Regardless, I'm of the opinion that the deck doesn't need sweepers. But if I was considering sweepers, I'd be more inclined to consider Forked Bolt and Volcanic Spray before the other available options.