Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancestral
You though in any specific replacment?
If I were going to replace manabond, I'd probably try a main deck vortex or library. I haven't had a chance to test library yet but it seems really good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice_Box
Four. Adds two more Exploration effects. Something you want.
Five. Gives you speed in game one while being an easy cut game two and three once you increase your non land count.
This. I only run one manabond but I might try to fit in a second just so I can get a little faster game one. I've also found it eats counters like a champ so if I expect my opponent to have permission I'll run out bond first so I can hope to stick exploration after and play more conservatively.
Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
yeah those are good points, but maybe is my experience with old RUGb lands, that speed isnt what i look for g1, i adopted most of the time the control role and manabond never was really insane to me like i said before, iīm trying sylvan for a litle bit more and then lets see what happens :)
Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
I have been thinking about running 4 manabond, but there isn't quite enough room. I am a dreamer though. I like unorthodox solutions to problems that don't exist.
Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
Quote:
Originally Posted by
chaosjace
I have been thinking about running 4 manabond, but there isn't quite enough room. I am a dreamer though. I like unorthodox solutions to problems that don't exist.
well thatīs actually a bit odd. like i said, speed is the thing i worry less in G1 since there are almost no hate, however i maybe playing RG build slowly than i should.
Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
Quote:
Originally Posted by
chaosjace
I am a dreamer though. I like unorthodox solutions to problems that don't exist.
:really:
Perfect way to have nobody take you seriously, I guess.
Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Ancestral
well thatīs actually a bit odd. like i said, speed is the thing i worry less in G1 since there are almost no hate, however i maybe playing RG build slowly than i should.
I was thinking speed could be key game one, and game two go for prison mode, because there is no hate game 1.
Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
Speed is important game one. After game one you slow the deck down by both cutting cards you don't need but also adding interactive cards for hate. Your more likely to Draw in place of Dredge cards in games two and three, keep hands without Loam effects or Exploration effects because your either are trying to draw into or have in hand hate for their effects. Gamble I find normally finds Fire and Rotation Grove in later games. Speed taking a back seat to power.
Game one your combo control. Game two and three your control combo.
Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Dissection
:really:
Perfect way to have nobody take you seriously, I guess.
That's fine, I am just throwing my ideas out there. As I said I don't have much experience or get many chances to play. I've only really played against reanimator, and everyone else I know plays Sneak and show, elves and TES. I own miracles DnT and dredge that I have yet to test lands against, but I hope to get really good with the deck some day.
Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
I think running a third Manabond for a faster G1 is an idea worth exploring. Not so sure about number four; but its the same issue - what aren't we running instead? I like cramming an extra utility land in there if I can (I've actually gone down to one Manabond in this build). Also, cutting any lands reduces the value of Manabond itself.
Has anybody tried running three or four? How did you find it?
Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
yeah maybe i should shift gears for my G1 ;)
Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
Ancestral - I played RUGx too before trying R/G, and the hardest thing for me to get used to was playing faster. More to the point, I didn't at first understand the need to play faster. We can't rely on as big an edge in a grindy control game; that's the cost we pay for those faster wins (which this version leans on a little more).
Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Crimhead
I think running a third Manabond for a faster G1 is an idea worth exploring. Not so sure about number four; but its the same issue - what aren't we running instead?
I would think cutting a crop rotation or p-fire might be an option, CR is one of the few things we can't get back from the GY, almost everything else can be dropped turn 1 or pitched to manabond without worry. And We wouldn't miss a p fire in game one, we could just gamble for it if it came to that. I believe there was a time we SB a crop rot or p fire or didn't even run a full 4 p fire.
Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
Yep. Unlike RUG, Combo lands is never going to "Come to your rescue" with cards like Engineered Explosives or Zuran Orb. If you fuck up with Combo you own it. Your able to grind out, your able to combo and your able to fight to the bitter end but you have to also keep in mind you have traded your grind power for streamlining. You can do these things, but only to a shadow of what you could do if you where running RUG.
So if your taking out your grind, use what you have to your advantage. If though want to play full control style Lands you can do that, just look to the other two Lands threads. (Jund Depths being the third.)
RUG is a Warthog while Combo an F-111. Both attack the same targets but do it in different ways.
Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Crimhead
I think running a third Manabond for a faster G1 is an idea worth exploring. Not so sure about number four; but its the same issue - what aren't we running instead? I like cramming an extra utility land in there if I can (I've actually gone down to one Manabond in this build). Also, cutting any lands reduces the value of Manabond itself.
Has anybody tried running three or four? How did you find it?
The reason the deck plays only one or two is because the second Manabond is a dead draw. Try not to put cards in your deck that will be blanks. At least against Storm you can discard Maze of Ith to Mox Diamond.
Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Crimhead
I think running a third Manabond for a faster G1 is an idea worth exploring. Not so sure about number four; but its the same issue - what aren't we running instead? I like cramming an extra utility land in there if I can (I've actually gone down to one Manabond in this build). Also, cutting any lands reduces the value of Manabond itself.
Has anybody tried running three or four? How did you find it?
I actually tried 3 in some fnm's. Considering that the accelerators are the only nonrecurrable cards (apart from tutors), it makes sense to have their numbers as high as possible (as you can reliably gamble for every other card). It made game 1 more nuts. But as most of them were cut game 2 and 3, I felt they did take up too much deckspace and that the sideboard had become too tight.
Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
In my list I've cut manabond to make room for MD bog, boseiju and ghost quarter.
Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
yeah thanks guys for the tips ;) i guess im testing this version a bit more and after some results lets see what i prefer, defently need to play moroe like a combo deck ;)
Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
A savvy Lands pilot will always be able to know from either the matchup or the boardstate whether the route to victory is by combo-ing out or by controlling the board. You really can't play the deck with a singular mindset or focus. It is true though that sometimes you can't afford to play around literally everything and you might have to take risks.
Also MD Boseiju, seems incredibly greedy unless your local meta is littered with Miracles and control decks. Having a Boseiju in my hand versus a Delver deck or any non-blue deck is not something I'm really excited for.
Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
If I wasn't going for fast combo game one, I would prefer more disruption, so maybe I will test a MD ghost quarter. I like both extremes of the deck, (combo mode and prison mode) I would also consider a MD Divining Top, I feel like this has also happened in RG Lands history.
Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands
Quote:
Originally Posted by
hyp3r1on
A savvy Lands pilot will always be able to know from either the matchup or the boardstate whether the route to victory is by combo-ing out or by controlling the board. You really can't play the deck with a singular mindset or focus. It is true though that sometimes you can't afford to play around literally everything and you might have to take risks.
I think in R/G you can afford to play around a little bit less - especially looking at a longer grind - and have to take risks which you would never take playing RUG. Knowing this in advance can even effect our early plays and mulligans.
This is something I personally found hard to wrap my head around coming from a RUG background. My first event on R/G was hands down my worst performance with a Lands build.