Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Lord_Mcdonalds
Shiny foreign black border cards, fancy.
The English cards in Godo foil or are they purely placeholders?
For the most part, yes. But I'm not actively going out of my way to replace them.
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
thecrav
I'm trying to get off of foils and I prefer English cards and bolts + unaffordable duals are about the only non-foil English pimp for most of these cards.
If you can get into unaffordable duals by getting out of foils, do it. The Dazes alone are pretty sought after, did you get those at Gencon this year?
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
echofish
Nice deck! gotta work on those Eidolon's and it will be really awesome! Do you have the foil fetch's to go with it?
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Zombiesquisher
Nice deck! gotta work on those Eidolon's and it will be really awesome! Do you have the foil fetch's to go with it?
No foil fetches yet :(
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bryant Cook
You found a sugardaddy who brought you a new Brainstorm after all?
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
I dunno. That deck is nice and all, but every time I see those FBB duals I keep thinking that it wouldn't be complete without NM Beta duals in their place.
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
MGB
I dunno. That deck is nice and all, but every time I see those FBB duals I keep thinking that it wouldn't be complete without NM Beta duals in their place.
I'd love to see your deck. :)
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Quasim0ff
I'd love to see your deck. :)
At least it's all black-bordered and doesn't have a speck of Italian, French, or German! :)
(I play MUD, and no, I don't pimp out my decks, but I just dislike white-bordered cards and non-Japanese/Korean foreign cards).
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
MGB
At least it's all black-bordered and doesn't have a speck of Italian, French, or German! :)
(I play MUD, and no, I don't pimp out my decks, but I just dislike white-bordered cards and non-Japanese/Korean foreign cards).
So, you're disliking someone for owning BB duals, when your deck is worth about the same as two of his blue duals, has 0 white bordered cards, all japanese foil, where possible?
What a troll.
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Quasim0ff
So, you're disliking someone for owning BB duals, when your deck is worth about the same as two of his blue duals, has 0 white bordered cards, all japanese foil, where possible?
What a troll.
I'm not disliking someone. Clearly he put alot of effort and money into acquiring his pimped out deck. I'm just saying that, with as much maxed-out foil japanese pimpness there is in the deck, it feels as if it's incomplete without the best possible duals. Clearly some people can't afford to *fully* pimp out their decks, or just feel that FBB is adequate for them, but if I went to the trouble of acquiring foil Japanese versions of every single one of my cards, I'd feel a bit unsatisfied until I also managed to hunt down legitimate Beta duals to absolutely complete the deck.
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
MGB
but if I went to the trouble of acquiring foil Japanese versions of every single one of my cards, I'd feel a bit unsatisfied until I also managed to hunt down legitimate Beta duals to absolutely complete the deck.
Bear in mind that this discussion is all concerning a man who chooses to run reprint fetches and browbeats others into maintaining his collection.
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
iamajellydonut
Bear in mind that this discussion is all concerning a man who chooses to run reprint fetches and browbeats others into maintaining his collection.
I never unerstood that hate for the KTK fetches. Sure the frame is awful we all agree, but the art isn't so bad and not as bland as the ONS ones...
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
French Alters
but the art isn't so bad and not as bland as the ONS ones...
http://i.imgur.com/9JbgWPk.png
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
iamajellydonut
You're gonna tell me that there is a lot going on in Flooded Strand or Polluted Delta?
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
French Alters
Flooded Strand/Polluted Delta
Perfect canvases for some good ol' altered pimpness.
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
French Alters
You're gonna tell me that there is a lot going on in Flooded Strand or Polluted Delta?
As opposed to the concept art with DRAAAAGON BONES?
Also, both are great pieces but get a bad rep because they're "bland" in comparison to their power level.
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Fwiw, I'm building a deck with [KTK] Bloodstained Mire, it's got demons in it and oh, cause I might put Worldgorgers (dragon) in it too. I'm gonna say this new art pairs well with Badlands.
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
iamajellydonut
Bear in mind that this discussion is all concerning a man who chooses to run reprint fetches and browbeats others into maintaining his collection.
http://i.imgur.com/3nb6XCT.gif
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
iamajellydonut
and browbeats
I went back looking for actual Browbeat, and was disappointed.
I'm not a smart man.