Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
gRR!!
Guillemnicolau, you made me feel dirty in a strange way :confused::confused::confused:
More miraculous (sorry, I couldn't help myself) in
Super Secret Tech. Enjoy!
Nooooo; Dig Through Time???
Love those Mentors and Michael Sutfin has defenitly done better signatures.
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bobmans
Nooooo; Dig Through Time???
Love those Mentors and Michael Sutfin has defenitly done better signatures.
Card's insane, I can't understand why nobody is playing it. :laugh: /s
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
gRR!!
Guillemnicolau, you made me feel dirty in a strange way :confused::confused::confused:
That's what she said... (I guess not many chicks will read this xD)
People in his blog gRR clearly says that the deck the winner of a local league from Sept'15.
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Yeah. I'm still sad I picked up these babies right before the banhammer. I suppose I'll rock them in Vintage...if I ever play Vintage one day.
http://i.imgur.com/6JDhthYl.png
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Potato quality image for a potato quality deck :).
Still missing-
1 Foil Verdant Catacombs
2 Beta Savannah
1 Beta Bayou
1 Beta Scrubland
[IMG]http://s852.photobucket.com/user/Col...rick1.jpg.html[/IMG]
the cards to the left of Verdant catacombs are Windswept Heaths (Khans, inb4 ew)
PS- I forgot how to just make the image show
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Rascalyote
Potato quality image for a potato quality deck :).
Still missing-
1 Foil Verdant Catacombs
2 Beta Savannah
1 Beta Bayou
1 Beta Scrubland
[IMG]
http://s852.photobucket.com/user/Col...rick1.jpg.html[/IMG]
the cards to the left of Verdant catacombs are Windswept Heaths (Khans, inb4 ew)
PS- I forgot how to just make the image show
Almost there, Colin ;)
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Can someone list the language scale for most pimp? I can get almost my entire deck in Italian but Hymn to Touarch. :mad:
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Ryu
Can someone list the language scale for most pimp? I can get almost my entire deck in Italian but Hymn to Touarch. :mad:
You kind of asked that already and also got an answer;
Sum; russian > korean > japanese > chinese > german > english > other euro
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Ryu
Do we have a basic guide on pimping? I am looking to expand my pimpage in my BUG Delver deck and alpha duals arent doing it for me. I also want it to be tournament playable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Noctalor
People asking about the basics of pimp :O
Foil>Cool promo foil>Non foil>Shitty foil
No language>Russian>Korean>Japanese>Chinese>European/Eng
Original artwork>No artwork>Amazing not original artwork>Crappy non original artwork
Signed>Unsigned
Original print>Reprint
SUmmer>BB>WB
But its pretty much all about what you want in your deck, for example picking a card like Birds of Paradise, the Poole art is nuts, the 7e foil japanese are insane as always, man even the promo art from terese is super good, i would like all 3 of them in different ways, based on the rest of the deck.
As far as im concerned there are only few things that ill never consider, mostly based on the glossy FTV foil
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bobmans
You kind of asked that already and also got an answer;
Sum; russian > korean > japanese > chinese > german > english > other euro
Thanks totally forgot about that.
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bobmans
You kind of asked that already and also got an answer;
Sum; russian > korean > japanese > chinese > german > english > other euro
I can agree on a lot of things, but signed cards are def not pimp in my book.
For me its:
Altered in full color by original artist with gold-leaf > Mint > Signed > Altered
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
bruizar
I can agree on a lot of things, but signed cards are def not pimp in my book.
For me its:
Altered in full color by original artist with gold-leaf > Mint > Signed > Altered
Not sure what your getting at, but he was asking about language's.
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Ryu
Can someone list the language scale for most pimp? I can get almost my entire deck in Italian but Hymn to Touarch. :mad:
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bobmans
You kind of asked that already and also got an answer;
Sum; russian > korean > japanese > chinese > german > english > other euro
That's completely subjective. And it also depends on the card. For example, I'd take old TCH (up to Odyssey) and SCH (up to Darksteel) over Japanese, but I prefer Japanese for more recent (or earlier) cards.
And English is the least pimp language for me. It's the most common language for Magic and it doesn't feel exotic. For English native speakers maybe it's higher on their pimp scale, as they prefer their own language (just as I like Spanish cards). For Asian players/collectors, English may be attractive as it's exotic for them.
In summary for me it would be something like: Korean, Old TCH, old SCH, Japanese, new TCH, new SCH, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Italian, English.
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Actually I'd like someone to enlighten me in regards of the preference in Pimp for Legends...
Most -if not the vast majority- of players out there prefer EN over IT but if one looks for rarity, then it is a complete non-sense.
Since IT was the only language available outside EN for Legends, the Italian print run is by far less important than EN and so.... O_o
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Rocco111
Actually I'd like someone to enlighten me in regards of the preference in Pimp for Legends...
Most -if not the vast majority- of players out there prefer EN over IT but if one looks for rarity, then it is a complete non-sense.
Since IT was the only language available outside EN for Legends, the Italian print run is by far less important than EN and so.... O_o
I'm not sure of how big is the Italian print run in comparison with the English one. But supply is just one of the factors. Just think about Portuguese foils, they are super rare but nearly nobody pays a premium for them over English ones (they are usually cheaper actually).
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Actually I've found English foils to be amongst the most popular. The contemporary Chinese font is ugly. Some cards actually match the font. So Griselbrand looks great in Russian and Elesh Norn looks good in Japanese.
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
jamesh
Actually I've found English foils to be amongst the most popular. The contemporary Chinese font is ugly. Some cards actually match the font. So Griselbrand looks great in Russian and Elesh Norn looks good in Japanese.
English cards, both foils and regular, are the most liquid ones by far. But that's another topic.
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Language, Above all, its the most subjctive point in pimp i would say! I like foiling my deck in english because it looks very Clean, also its very difficult (impossible most of the times) to have 100% of your decks in non english foils
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
JohnGalt
For example, I'd take old TCH (up to Odyssey) and SCH (up to Darksteel) over Japanese.
Could you elaborate on what this means? I don't understand the acronyms.
Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Ryu
Could you elaborate on what this means? I don't understand the acronyms.
Pretty sure he mean Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese.