Originally Posted by
danpo
Tried this again at my local last night. Four rounds, 14 dudes, this list:
4 phyrexian revoker
4 magus of the moon
4 goblin rabblemaster
4 avaricious dragon
4 stormbreath dragon
4 chalice of the void
3 trinisphere
3 blood moon
4 simian spirit guide
4 seething song
4 chrome mox
4 ancient tomb
4 city of traitors
10 mountain
4 thorn of amethyst
3 smash to smithereens
3 sulfur elemental
2 tormod's crypt
2 sudden demise
1 trinisphere
You could argue this curve is steep, but in my mind it's the same as when we ran 4x Arc Slogger (Stormbreath) and 4x Rakdos Pit Dargon (Avaricious) and 4x Seething Song, which to be honest I'm not sure why that last card got cut. Anyway:
Round one against Reanimator:
G1 I win the roll and open with Seething Song into Blood Moon and Chalice on 1. He does not have FOW and scoops.
G2 he mulls and keeps a hand with T1 Duress. He sees a hand with Chalice, sol land, Chrome Mox, Rabblemaster and some other cards. He takes the Chalice. On my turn I topdeck Magus and slam sol land, imprint, moon you? He has FOW but is now down to two cards in hand. On his turn he plays Thoughtseize I think for Rabblemaster and then casts Reanimate on Rabblemaster, but I'm able to get an Avaricious Dragon out and eventually trade a Revoker for Rabbleman and bury him.
I feel dirty?
Round two against Omnishow:
G1 he just always has the FOW and/or Spell Pierce when he needs it. I would like to drop Trinisphere in off S&T but I never see it. He goes off the turn before I dead him.
G2 I board out Blood Moons and I guess Maguses (can't remember [[EDIT: It was Revokers. They're real pointless here.]]) for Thorns, the fourth Trinisphere and Tormod's Crypt bc Dig Through Time.
He FOWs my T1 Thorn. A couple turns later I have Avaricious Dragon and Crypt and he is at 10 life, two lands and four cards in the graveyard. I consider popping his yard but figure if he cantrips or plays/cracks a fetch I'll still have time to blow up his graveyard before he's eligible for delve. This line of thinking fails to account for City of Traitors, which he is then able to play, Dig Through Time and release a bunch of ants on the spaghetti I'm covered in.
Cry.
Round three against Death-n-Taxes.
This is around when I got too sad to take very good notes but basically I mulled to five G1 and went T1 Trinisphere / basically hellbent / staring contest, sit and stare awkwardly while wishing I could afford my own Revoker, eventually get out a Stormbreath but fail to race Batterskull?
G2 I mulled again and lost. We played two more and I went 0-4 against Death-n-Taxes. In one game Sulfur Elemental made two Stoneforge Mystics 2/1s I was unwilling to trade with. I smashed both pieces of equipment to smithereens but wound up losing to my own Ancient Tombs anyway.
-
Round four against Miracles variant feat. Back to Basics.
I gave up on notes at this point but I lost G1 and stole games 2 and 3 with resolved Chalice of the Void and mean clocks like Rabblemaster and Stormbreath Dragon.
2-2
This deck is neat and does fun things but having now gone ~2-2 with it on three different occasions and seeing no hope for ever beating the Omnishow man or the Death-n-Taxes guy I am breaking up with it.
Good luck have fun,
-Dan