-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
I remember thinking it was ridiculous when Grim Monolith was unbanned in legacy and it jumped from a couple bucks to 30$, and then Bitterblossom comes along...
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
If they drop back to $2 each I am still ahead of the game since I collect cats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
apple713
You run the risk of zoo still sucking and them losing value
Sent from 15 min in the future via Tapatalk Timewarp.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
So Noble Hierarch is up to 50 on tcgplayer...
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Hierarch at 50, Seculded Glen is at 15, Grove of the Burnwillows is randomly at 45....
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Is anyone even playing secluded glen in their lists?!
I saw Mistbind Clique's at 25 yesterday too, I think people might be overreacting just a little bit
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
[SLAYER]chaos
Is anyone even playing secluded glen in their lists?!
I saw Mistbind Clique's at 25 yesterday too, I think people might be overreacting just a little bit
I was all for fae when i first heard blossom unbanned. Then i thought about it.... faeries were amazing because their competition wasn't much. I think you had kith kin and makeshift mannequin decks.
in modern it's very diff. You have access to pyroclasm, infest, grim lavamancer, and several combo decks...
Pridemage is also main decking since the return of zoo. Fae will get crushed by zoo. between nactal, guide, and kird ape fae's 1/1 blossom tokens aren't enough. even with a scion a few 2/2s aren't gonna cut the mustard
bitterblossom is a modern only card. It's not good enough for legacy and i feel like peoples are def overreacting.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
apple713
I was all for fae when i first heard blossom unbanned. Then i thought about it.... faeries were amazing because their competition wasn't much. I think you had kith kin and makeshift mannequin decks.
in modern it's very diff. You have access to pyroclasm, infest, grim lavamancer, and several combo decks...
Pridemage is also main decking since the return of zoo. Fae will get crushed by zoo. between nactal, guide, and kird ape fae's 1/1 blossom tokens aren't enough. even with a scion a few 2/2s aren't gonna cut the mustard
bitterblossom is a modern only card. It's not good enough for legacy and i feel like peoples are def overreacting.
Yeah I've been brewing a Deaths Shadow Zoo list with 3 MD Pridemage. The card just seems so good in the format.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
there was also elves in the meta, and they were good. along w. 5 color control.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
When did noble hierach become so high in price ?
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
kingsey
When did noble hierach become so high in price ?
When the mana dork of choice in modern got banned
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Megadeus
When the mana dork of choice in modern got banned
yeah but noble is bant... does anyone play bant anymore?
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
apple713
yeah but noble is bant... does anyone play bant anymore?
Pod decks, not really Bant decks.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
apple713
I was all for fae when i first heard blossom unbanned. Then i thought about it.... faeries were amazing because their competition wasn't much. I think you had kith kin and makeshift mannequin decks.
There was also Ramp with Cloudthresher and Lark and a little bit of Merfolk. I remember because I dropped from my National Qualifier at 3-0 (playing Faeries) to play in a 12-man Legacy event (playing Enchantress) that won me a Grandmother Sengir
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Julian23
There was also Ramp with Cloudthresher and Lark and a little bit of Merfolk. I remember because I dropped from my National Qualifier at 3-0 (playing Faeries) to play in a 12-man Legacy event (playing Enchantress) that won me a
Grandmother Sengir
You won Grandmother Sengir? :cry:
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
increasingly Wizards are going to have to be careful about who knows about changes to the banned and restricted list - there is obviously a lot of money to be made
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Julian23
There was also Ramp with Cloudthresher and Lark and a little bit of Merfolk. I remember because I dropped from my National Qualifier at 3-0 (playing Faeries) to play in a 12-man Legacy event (playing Enchantress) that won me a
Grandmother Sengir
If that was a prize I would concede just to piss my opponent off for having to take it.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Dan Turner
If that was a prize I would concede just to piss my opponent off for having to take it.
Nah. I'd frame that shit
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Any moderately good modern rare or mythic that didn't get Modern Masterbated is pretty volatile. Hierarch was obviously going to skyrocket after the banning of the best mana dork, it has only a judge foil ... it's played in Vintage, Legacy and Modern, has casual appeal, etc..
If you didn't own four and never picked them up in the last 2 years you have nobody to blame but Obama. Without DRS around to hold Snapcaster in check it'll be $30+ in no time as well ...
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
nedleeds
Any moderately good modern rare or mythic that didn't get Modern Masterbated is pretty volatile. Hierarch was obviously going to skyrocket after the banning of the best mana dork, it has only a judge foil ... it's played in Vintage, Legacy and Modern, has casual appeal, etc..
If you didn't own four and never picked them up in the last 2 years you have nobody to blame but Obama. Without DRS around to hold Snapcaster in check it'll be $30+ in no time as well ...
Agreed. I plan on picking up my set of Snaps this weekend in Nashville.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
another card that was being held back by the omnipresent shaman is Vengevine ... it's also a Mythic from an insanely hard to find set ...
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Hopefully I didn't get ripped by the random Canadian MOTL guy for my Vengevines... The rippers are always fucking Canadian.
I find it quite hilarious that the MOTL and High End magic group are both flooded with Faerie cards that have spiked. And also everyone and their mother is trying to buy foil deathrites at 40 dollar now.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Megadeus
Hopefully I didn't get ripped by the random Canadian MOTL guy for my Vengevines... The rippers are always fucking Canadian.
I find it quite hilarious that the MOTL and High End magic group are both flooded with Faerie cards that have spiked. And also everyone and their mother is trying to buy foil deathrites at 40 dollar now.
Shoot me his details and I'm happy to let you know if it's safe.
High-end Magic group is a waste of fucking time. Got out of that ages ago; a bigger nonsensical circlejerk than the B/R thread.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
mini1337s
Shoot me his details and I'm happy to let you know if it's safe.
High-end Magic group is a waste of fucking time. Got out of that ages ago; a bigger nonsensical circlejerk than the B/R thread.
Are there better/more convenient online communities? I am honestly curious. I don't know, and I was thinking of possibly selling a few things.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
mini1337s
Shoot me his details and I'm happy to let you know if it's safe.
High-end Magic group is a waste of fucking time. Got out of that ages ago; a bigger nonsensical circlejerk than the B/R thread.
I'll PM you his MOTL handle. To be fair, mail may be slow so it could just be that. He has good refs (hence why I was okay with sending first). Still. I almost got ripped by Strickland a couple months back on a fake profile so I am always a little hesitant.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
nedleeds
another card that was being held back by the omnipresent shaman is Vengevine ... it's also a Mythic from an insanely hard to find set ...
Lotus Cobra could fill some of the gap by DRS, mythic mana accel guy. Although it was from a very opened set, unlike Vengevine.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
danyul
Are there better/more convenient online communities? I am honestly curious. I don't know, and I was thinking of possibly selling a few things.
Sorry for the double post, but generally it's okay to sell on MOTL as long as you make sure you get paid first.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
danyul
Are there better/more convenient online communities? I am honestly curious. I don't know, and I was thinking of possibly selling a few things.
http://forums.magictraders.com/Ultimate.cgi is my choice, but it's expected that members with low references send to high ref members before receiving payment. Lots of value hustlers.
High End Magic is flaky as hell and people act like hotter shit than they really are. There are good members, many of whom are on this forum, but there is a TON of chaff that commit to a trade/sale and never fall through.
I've heard ok things about Pucatrade, but never tried it out. Same with Deckbox, but I can't imagine it's much different than Magic Online Traders.
Honestly, any online trading community has its toxic members and shitty experiences, so it really boils down to personal preference. I've got 5 digits in MOTL Buys/Sales/Trades without any notable issues (1 or 2 minor condition discrepancies, but all worked out well).
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
I'll look into some of those other options. The FB group is fun for browsing but I too have found it somewhat impractical for transactions over $100. It just feels too insecure. Thanks for the tips.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
ahg113
Lotus Cobra could fill some of the gap by DRS, mythic mana accel guy. Although it was from a very opened set, unlike Vengevine.
Yeah, that's a good call. It's pretty explosive with fetchlands. I've been looking for Russian Cobra 3 and 4 for fucking ever.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
mini1337s
High-end Magic group is a waste of fucking time. Got out of that ages ago; a bigger nonsensical circlejerk than the B/R thread.
it's fucking terrible
ebay is still the best option for pimp items - it takes a long time but you can eventually get everything you want at the best prices
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
mini1337s
Shoot me his details and I'm happy to let you know if it's safe.
High-end Magic group is a waste of fucking time. Got out of that ages ago; a bigger nonsensical circlejerk than the B/R thread.
I though that fb group would be usefull but its like all the seller have never been to ebay and are asking premiums. The other half of the posts arny very high end. Foil blood moons.... There are non foil standard cards worth more
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
apple713
I though that fb group would be usefull but its like all the seller have never been to ebay and are asking premiums. The other half of the posts arny very high end. Foil blood moons.... There are non foil standard cards worth more
Yeah half the people in there just want retarded prices. Guy offered me 130 on Gaea's Cradle... As if I can't get it at my LGS for that price.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
What the hell has happened to Noble Hierarch?
It's obviously related to the Modern Banned List changes, but do people except more Zoo now or what's the reason?
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Barook
What the hell has happened to
Noble Hierarch?
It's obviously related to the Modern Banned List changes, but do people except more Zoo now or what's the reason?
Well, DRS is gone, so now this is the premier Mana Dork. Lots of spec too, but generally just the DRS replacement.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Barook
What the hell has happened to
Noble Hierarch?
It's obviously related to the Modern Banned List changes, but do people except more Zoo now or what's the reason?
Zoo, maybe. I suspect it's also because Pod is looking really, really well positioned right now.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Arsenal
Zoo, maybe. I suspect it's also because Pod is looking really, really well positioned right now.
It's probably Zoo, considering how KotR and Arid Mesa rose in price as well.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Barook
It's probably Zoo, considering how KotR and Arid Mesa rose in price as well.
My bet is also on Big Zoo (feat. elspeth and Garruk Relentless)
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Dazed
Wasteland has just doubled its price in the last month. Star City is selling it for $25. Even Troll and Toad is offering this tempest rare land for $20. This cards, if I am not committing a mistake, closed the year 2009 in a healthy 10 dollars per each.
Now sold out at $100 - it's actually an uncommon.
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
jamesh
Now sold out at $100 - it's actually an uncommon.
I blame pack to power, quietspeculation.com (Creation date: 10 Jun 2009 14:03:00 ), mystics, and the starcitygames open circuit
-
Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by
jamesh
Now sold out at $100 - it's actually an uncommon.
Untill it gets a mass reprint
It will be healthy for modern